SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

looking good simon, and wow that is lots of hacking. i like it.

are you in contact with cazman atm by any chance? need those R32 rear camber arms and toe rods but he's not replying :S

Hehe we were drifting together on GT5 yesterday.

^^ just for s14's? or like a universal kit?

more or less a universal kit... tho to suit an r32 there may be some extra trimming involved.

heres some more progress pics... i pick it up this arvo and then its off to Garage 7 where we will wire the bitch up :D

419350_296525900396520_165749486807496_820630_2029872556_n.jpg

428920_296586480390462_165749486807496_820661_318364112_n.jpg

and now for a little sad news... Pulled the engine apart after all the drama;s i had with it boiling and running hot at G1... looks like its got seriously hot which it did as logged from coolant temps getting up to 135 degrees in a flash from 100;..Anyway head off and its melted plugs 1 and 6. Cyln 6 piston crown has melted and the ring land cracked due to the alloy changing properties. number 1 also got a bit hot but not as bad.

few other bits and pieces but yeah... needs repairs and a cooling system that works.

before people bag the tune.. its not tune related. running same tune for last 12 months of endless thrashing... it was the boiling coolant and high chamber temps that causes pre ignition :(

135 is super hot : (

can you put a coolant temp/intake temp ignition trim table in the ecu? get it to just flood it with fuel down to 9:1 as well if it ever gets that hot again?

Edited by Rolls

and now for a little sad news... Pulled the engine apart after all the drama;s i had with it boiling and running hot at G1... looks like its got seriously hot which it did as logged from coolant temps getting up to 135 degrees in a flash from 100;..Anyway head off and its melted plugs 1 and 6. Cyln 6 piston crown has melted and the ring land cracked due to the alloy changing properties. number 1 also got a bit hot but not as bad.

few other bits and pieces but yeah... needs repairs and a cooling system that works.

before people bag the tune.. its not tune related. running same tune for last 12 months of endless thrashing... it was the boiling coolant and high chamber temps that causes pre ignition :(

call race radiators in vic. they suplied the radiator in our targa car and in a 600kw circuit 32. they can make them any shape and size but the important thing is that they make them cross flow as that makes a huge difference.

135 is super hot : (

can you put a coolant temp/intake temp ignition trim table in the ecu? get it to just flood it with fuel down to 9:1 as well if it ever gets that hot again?

i think im right in saying that this wouldnt have been possible running a re tuned rom. with the haltec this should be easy.

nistune does have temp protection in the form of rich and retard.

but it all happened so quick :S

Yeah you have to set the coolant temp tables up more aggressively though, so that if it gets over 105c it just pulls all ignition and dumps 100% fuel. Do you know if they had been touched at all?

yeah but evidently not enough.. something the haltech should have a lot more control over.

got some other cool things happening// getting some carbon parts made up. Bought an RB26 head. got new pistons and rings on the way... motor should go back together soon