SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

lol, i want the disposal notice.

so incase he never changes the rego to his name in the other state it cant be linked back to me for any stupid shit that he might get cought for.

there would have to be away to do it online but im wanting the notice with his signiture onit.

hoping someone on here might have done it.

just ring motor reg tomoz

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new 20 come with a flywheel, which is in better nic than the one i have...

only thing is it has some very light surface rusty lookin stuff on it,

will i need to clean it off? with what??

sandpaper, rough it up in circular motion

not quite. sr's have a bit of a love/hate thing with rev limiters.

its the rb20's that you can do that do and still live on limiter without harming it

and you can now see why i want to keep mine LOL

Noted, Dave.

when i khenbeefhooked.

Hopefully with this new job, *hopefully being the key* that turbo and 5spd would be from a different car.

If anyone ever tells you a Cefiro RB20 is the same as a Skyline RB20, give them a swift kick in the teeth :dry:

We had to swap over EVERY FUCKING SENSOR on the new motsie just before, the only thing that is the same is injectors. Pretty much everything electrical is different from cef to 32, kinda wish I knew that shit before hand :)

Gbox is hanging of the back of the engine and all the electrical shit on the engine is plugged in so tomoz the engine goes in, rad back in, connect all the plugs back up, fill the thing with fluids and turn the key...

... then engage first, dial 8000rpm and drop clutch :)

just ring motor reg tomoz

i have. useless bunch of flamin mongrels there.

gave me 3 different answers none of which answered my questions and i was passed around like a cheap whore to different people for nearly 45minutes.

i'll try again tomorrow and see what answer i get this time. but would still like to hear from someone whos done it before.

cara, the VL RB30s were de-tuned (and had an ugly holden rocker cover too)

essentially still the same though

yeah thats ok, the R31 has the RB30 so its more or less parts wise that i was worried about, but if they are pretty much the same then its all good :)

If anyone ever tells you a Cefiro RB20 is the same as a Skyline RB20, give them a swift kick in the teeth :cool:

We had to swap over EVERY f**kING SENSOR on the new motsie just before, the only thing that is the same is injectors. Pretty much everything electrical is different from cef to 32, kinda wish I knew that shit before hand :)

Gbox is hanging of the back of the engine and all the electrical shit on the engine is plugged in so tomoz the engine goes in, rad back in, connect all the plugs back up, fill the thing with fluids and turn the key...

... then engage first, dial 8000rpm and drop clutch :)

I told ya they where different looms ya Goose. :dry:

I told ya they where different looms ya Goose. :yucky:

Yeah but 'those looms look a bit different' didn't quite give the impression of 'you'll have to change every sensor off your old engine onto the new one, along with the ignitor, coilpack loom, coilpacks etc'

Not to mention other shit like the ps pump and harmonic balancer and shit. Ah well, engine stuff is sorted so now it's a case of what needs to be changed/can go wrong on the actual car when we go to slot the motsie back in :blink:

Gonna put in work and try to get it running/driving tonight cause old mate needs his shed space to work on his 32 before the prac on satdy, already sinking beers in preparation for a hard slog tonight :D

Hmmm. Well in the process of my alarm installation we've found my car used to have a boost controller, turbo timer and some sort of temp gauge. Also my standard boost restrictor has been removed.

Now with that removed and a catback exhaust my installer seems to think I'd be running atleast 14psi and he says I'm risking detonation because my timing or something might not be right and that I should hook up a boost gauge to know exactly how much psi I'm running and he can make it so I don't run the risk of detonation.

Is he talking shit or should I be concerned?

Does any one know if the AC condensers are the same between series 1 and 2 R33's?

dont see why not , its not part of the structural integrity.

compressors are the same , only benefit of series 2 is newer then series 1 obviously

dont see why not , its not part of the structural integrity.

compressors are the same , only benefit of series 2 is newer then series 1 obviously

might have different thread locations, call grand auto wreckers mate, and ask or nissan