SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

Went to fiy my oil cooler and relo yesterday, fark, the braided lines are obscenely long. The line that goes from relo to block is about a metre long :S

yup my oil relocation for the rb26 has 3x 1m braided lines

30cm long oil cooler with fins, etc, will sort it all out at the front in between radiator/intercooler.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to see a naked Italian??? :P

Decided to get off my ass on the weekend and repair the Aprilia race bike. Stripped her down ...

post-48775-1265603607_thumb.jpg

post-48775-1265603585_thumb.jpg

... engine is out and now time to find out what gears I fried inside. :D

Racing season starts this month, and I'm not ready. Been shopping for another engine or gearbox, as I have a spare of everything else, but I'm looking at probably $1K minimum for another basic motor, or $600 for gearbox. :)

yup my oil relocation for the rb26 has 3x 1m braided lines

30cm long oil cooler with fins, etc, will sort it all out at the front in between radiator/intercooler.

yep thats where im mounting mine. I will fit it all up and send it off to a workshop to have the lines trimmed to fit the exact size.

Anyone know if having long lines will place any stress on your oil pump? having 1-2L of extra room might put it under the pump, so to speak :P

looks so much like Abe's! lol

Ok Ive had my joke :(

Its Abes car, the clutch was slipping on the way back from the Yorke Peninsula, so he left it here and took my daily until he can get a reasonable price on a tow - I'm 80km from his place so yeah. Hes going to borrow my daily until its back on the road.

farking heaslip road was closed. not amused eh...

on another note, (writeoff will be keen to know this), I drove 380km and used 3/4 of the tank. Not bad mileage, and thats before I've had a proper tune..

I also took back all the empty bottles and cans from our balgowan trip and scored enough money to buy myself another 4 longnecks of sparkling ale. Win!

-D

Ok Ive had my joke :(

Its Abes car, the clutch was slipping on the way back from the Yorke Peninsula, so he left it here and took my daily until he can get a reasonable price on a tow - I'm 80km from his place so yeah. Hes going to borrow my daily until its back on the road.

farking heaslip road was closed. not amused eh...

on another note, (writeoff will be keen to know this), I drove 380km and used 3/4 of the tank. Not bad mileage, and thats before I've had a proper tune..

I also took back all the empty bottles and cans from our balgowan trip and scored enough money to buy myself another 4 longnecks of sparkling ale. Win!

-D

Yeah I found out about that 45 minutes ago..... ah well your home now

Ok Ive had my joke :)

Its Abes car, the clutch was slipping on the way back from the Yorke Peninsula, so he left it here and took my daily until Matty is free - I'm 80km from his place so yeah. Hes going to borrow my daily until its back on the road.

fixed :(

lol ya crazy man, what you do for the day then? sleep through till its 5pm or something? you must be drinking them red bulls or something more sinister

Haha during the day we just chilled on the balcony really or went to a cafe. We had quite a few mates in Melbourne, so we were literally hotel-hopping for most of the day.

Man, I heard the clubs in Melbourne are very strict on guy-to-girl ratio where if your not with girls in the line up they won't let you in?

And I heard the Melbourne girls are stuck up little whores LOL. Having said that, I don't know for myself and wouldn't mind planning a weekend in Melbourne sometime this year!

Yeah Revolver are very strict. For each guy, you need a real decent looking girl! But other clubs are pretty easy going I've found... one place even let guys wearing thongs in!

Oh, some of the girls are pretty snobby. The fashion for guys over there is so so SO different to what we have over here, so in some places you feel and look really out of place. People will look you up and down, etc. I met a few girls over there just by randomly talking to them or they'll come up to me to ask for a light or something and then just get chatting from there. The majority of them are friendly. But everything is more classy over there and people generally have more money. They have alot of the Gucci, Prada, etc stores there... we barely have a G-Star shop.

Some of the clubs, the guys are real f**k nuts, but you get that everywhere. Alot of clubs over there are run by club members (bikies) so you have to be careful what you say/do!

But it's a very different scene over there. The drug culture is widely accepted over there... as you'll see about 90% of the people in the clubs are just holding water bottles haha! But that's because one certain drug is basically an epidemic at the moment, cos you always hear about it on the news. Just read about Trance Energy and why they're never ever holding that festival in Melbourne/Australia again.

The music culture in melbourne is massive. Just look at how many ppl are online at any one time on inthemix.com.au.

Adelaide is lucky to have 5 ppl reading the ITM forums. Melb and syd have around 50-100 at any one time.

However I find melbourne to be kind of dirty. No bottle or can collection as they are worth nothing there. Shit everywhere on the streets.

Also alot of the clubs are way too far apart.

You have to walk a fair way to get anywhere.

St Kilda is the go I reckon if you want a decent night. Alot of the locals will travel there to go to shows.

You got that right Damo.

Can anyone suggest a clutch to use? I am thinking of either a Nismo Copprermix or a Xtreme Motorsport kit. Thoughts?

Thanks for the comments about my car too.