SAU Community

Official NSW Skyline spotted thread

CerealKiller

Guest two.06l
i got spotted by ranger stacey (drag combat winner) I think that's what she said...Saturday night on Centenary Drive.

thats racer stacey cereal eater..ha ha.. lol

haha nah im not afraid of that...if it happens it happens....

especially since YOU are in a more powerful car......;)

Fixed!!!! :D

Also spotted two skys today! one a white r33 s2 gtst... plates YLL 911 (or something).... turning left with me from liverpool st onto elizabeth st.... very nice ride! :) had a quick chat as well!

the other was on oxford st... a maroon r33... plates TLC something...

Fixed!!!! ;)

Also spotted two skys today!  one a white r33 s2 gtst... plates YLL 911 (or something).... turning left with me from liverpool st onto elizabeth st.... very nice ride! :)  had a quick chat as well!

the other was on oxford st... a maroon r33... plates TLC something...

hahaha OI !!! you cant do that !!!!

tosh she cant do that....can she ????? :D

A 2JZ engine?  that sounds familiar.... what car does that engine usually sit in?!

hmmm.... taking a camera?  i don't think i'll make it out there tonight ;)  at least the weathers holding up! :D

Edit:  SUPRA ENGINE?????  Is that right? Or am i thinking down the wrong path again?!?! why are you doing an engine conversion like that?!?!

We took a video camera down and shot a couple of fantastic launches. One against a low 11second BMW, beating it up to quarter track were his $400,000 dollars of machinery over took..lol go the GTS4.

The 2JZ is a 3ltr and also has VCT (variable cam timing). Can run 700hp with relatively low lag. It's measurements are 86mmx86mm(bore,stroke)..identical to the much revered and super-expensive OS Giken 3ltr GTR engine. Steel shim head gaskets are also standard on the 2JZ. I have a friend(I8A4RE) in Adelaide making 420rwkw from a internally stock engine(3years now).

We took a video camera down and shot a couple of fantastic launches. One against a low 11second BMW, beating it up to quarter track were his $400,000 dollars of machinery over took..lol  go the GTS4.  

The 2JZ is a 3ltr and also has VCT (variable cam timing). Can run 700hp with relatively low lag. It's measurements are 86mmx86mm(bore,stroke)..identical to the much revered and super-expensive OS Giken 3ltr GTR engine. Steel shim head gaskets are also standard on the 2JZ. I have a friend(I8A4RE) in Adelaide making 420rwkw from a internally stock engine(3years now).

LINK ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) I wanna see these vids! :rofl: thanks! ;)

And i thought they all had vct? i know the rb25 does! or wait... thats the equivalent of vtec and vvtli right?! sounds like a strong engine!!! 420 is alot of power!! with internals as well! shiiieeettt!!!! hehehe... he needs to make a trip to sydney! ;)

Yes the rb25 has VCT but the Rb26 doesn't. I think Nissan thought if they were on to a good thing to stick to it. Would have been nice to see the VCT come with the 33's as the RB25's did. Toyota over took on the technology side, but, the GTR cult was already set in concret.

Last night i spotted a dark coloured (probably black) r33. I saw it in the in the Megamart thing in Penrith at the Mulgoa Rd lights about to turn right towards the M4.

It had a 400r front bar, fmic, white 5 spoke rims, i think it had side skirts but i couldnt really see, it was very quiet - might have had the stock exhaust. Plates - ALZ81Y

hehehe... if they were onto a good thing, wouldn't they have kept the vct?!!?  so the gtsts have them, and the gtrs don't?  weird!!!  why change like that? and if toyota took over, have nissan taken back!?!?!? :D

I guess the RB26 in the 32GTR was so successful they stuck with it. The VCT in the R33 GTST would have been an unknown. Nissan played it safe and stuck with a proven performer, rightly and smartley so but in hindsight VCT on a RB26 would havce been nice. Toyota's engine may be more advanced but doesn't have the revyness of the RB26 and max power is made at 5600rpm. It was designed to capture the American V8 market. fitting a 1JZ head enables a hybrid 1.5JZ which is popular in japan and revs nicely to 9000rpm. The 2JZ head needs alitle porting or head swap to be perfect. The RB26 is nice just the way it is...so in essense comes down to personal preference.

So in answer to your question Nissan didn't need to take back, they had the market by the goolies after it's unbelivable record of wins at bathurst with the 32.

Kebab! SKY32R last night on Pacific Highway Lindfield and also again today @ 3:15pm in Chatswood turning off Pac Highway onto Fullers Rd

did you drive into him for a bit of fun tosh?

Or is it only the Datsun that you smash up :P