SAU Community

Fuel Consumption

Curtis.Cow

Hey,

i know this has to be wrong, im getting about 100~140kms per tank of petrol, ive replaced the fuel filter and cleaned my AFM and filter,

im just wondering what else could be needed to get some more kms out of the car cos its driving me crazy spending 60 buks every 2 days

Hey,

i know this has to be wrong, im getting about 100~140kms per tank of petrol, ive replaced the fuel filter and cleaned my AFM and filter,

im just wondering what else could be needed to get some more kms out of the car cos its driving me crazy spending 60 buks every 2 days

Ummm... is thier a hole in your tank somewhere possibly? sounds incrediblyyy high for anycar

WTTTFFFF???

What mods you got? you checked plugs and coilpacks if not sparking properly will cause exess fuel but wouldnt do that much could just be contributing factor?

you have an aftermarket ecu? could have dropped the tune maybe?

thats crazy kms but i can get up to 600 out of a tank in my 33.

good luck with it though mate hope you fix it soon

i changed the spark plugs aswell, the coilpacks seem fine, but im not quiet sure really, i dont think theres a hole lol. im not aware of any aftermarket ECU, ive never had it tuned dont know about the dude before me, maybe i should get it tuned =\

Take it to a professional that knows Skylines, because 100-140km a tank is beyond serious, and you seem abit clueless. I get better fuel economy in my R32 GTR at the race track (150km per 3/4 tank). All I can think of really is replacing the O2 sensor, but without knowing your driving style 100-140km might be normal.

- Does it blow black smoke all the time?

- Were the spark plugs fouled up?

- Are the injectors stock?

- Is it the right MAF for your engine?

- Have you run toluene or any fuel additives that might have eaten up your rubber fuel lines?

- Is your check engine light on?

- Is the engine getting up to temp (ie 82c)?

- Is fuel trickling out your exhaust when idling or driving?

- Do you lose any fuel if the cars has been sitting overnight?

- Are any of your injectors wet or moist on the outside?

- Does the cabin stink like fuel at any time?

mate its not a tune issue, have a look at your engine bay, i reckon that you have a fuel leak somewhere. this is serious! i would say take it to your local machanic at least and get them to have a look at it if u are not too handy. Personally i wouldn't be driving it anywhere till i got this sorted. you are getting race track style km!

lol wut ? 50l/100kms ??? And I thought my 18l/100 was bad! But seriously ..no way no how, you must have a fuel leak somewhere. Does the engine bay smell like fuel ? Get it checked out asap as it could catch on fire