SAU Community

Putty Wrap Up

Sl!m

Thanks you staff for organising this. Drivers' briefing is one of the best I've heard.

The trip back to Windsor was a hoot.

2 cars became 3

3 cars became 5

5 cars became 7

And I don't mind saying that 2 of the drivers with 110years+ between them, kept the convoy 'up to speed' eh Humbla?

We even wriggled around a smash. Was that a wedding car?

There were sooooo many gorgeous cars there too

Tai's R32 must be entered in the SnS

Che's R34 - well what can I say but for the fact that he wouldn't let me eat off it

Dave's R34 in red - what a colour?

Midnight purple R33 - one of the best colours ever made too!

All the great ppl there that made me welcome again & can now put faces to names but the personalities count even more! :yes:

Yeh Terry I think the wedding car was involved.

Well mate with 110+ yrs behind you both you sure did set the standard for most of the way home :D

6.3 Gig of vids and pics to sort through, plus the dvd footage from terrys place...

including the special event.. Aggro chases down Terry :P

Will post up later tonight, first things first.. food and shower!!

Nice to meet all of you and to put faces to names for the others I didnt get a chance to meet.. I think I still won for loudest exhaust :)

It still sucks that I fail on the uphill parts. Must get turbo.. screw P plates

Hahaha,

I saw you all in the distance on the horizon and said to Alex, We have to run home with them! I didnt think I was gonna catch you for a while there especially after you guys overtook the caravan and I ran out of room.

The drive home was awesome people, I had a ball.

Nice to meet you Dave (and after being behind you for a while on the way home yes your exhaust is LOUD) and Terry your 34 is stunning

Thanks also Nick for inviting Alex and myself to the spare seats at your table

Here is a couple of pics but they are a bit crappy.....Except of course the one of my 33, hehe

post-31195-1256379352_thumb.jpgpost-31195-1256379430_thumb.jpgIntercooler_mounting.bmppost-31195-1256379541_thumb.jpgpost-31195-1256379620_thumb.jpg

What a car!!! :blush:

post-31195-1256379704_thumb.jpg

post-31195-1256379283_thumb.jpg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Putty Road cruise was a lot of fun as usual - a good chance to catch up with some old friends and to make some new ones.

Thanks you staff for organising this. Drivers' briefing is one of the best I've heard.

The trip back to Windsor was a hoot.

2 cars became 3

3 cars became 5

5 cars became 7

And I don't mind saying that 2 of the drivers with 110years+ between them, kept the convoy 'up to speed' eh Humbla?

The trip home was one for the old brigade indeed with me also adding to the numbers to bring it into the 165+ years for the three of us. We also started out by ourselves and then became part of your growing pack.

Clinton and I had a great lunch with good conversation thanks to Terry GT-R34, Humbla, R 2 THE J and Pezhead to name a few.

Thanks again to all for a great day.

Cant wait to see the Pics, had a freakin awesome day, the 32 got a good workout!, and must remember next time to wear sunscreen...

RIGHT ARM IS R-E-D!!!!

But nice to meet all you guys and girls, will definatly be doing this cruise again, minus the misus, she didnt much care for the putty... haha, coped a earfull on the way back home...

Had to trunle back excrutiatingly S-L-O-W...

But will definatly be there again next year!

The trip home was one for the old brigade indeed with me also adding to the numbers to bring it into the 165+ years for the three of us. We also started out by ourselves and then became part of your growing pack.

165+ ??? :yes:

Imagine Charles, being pulled over by the policeman who then says,

"I've pulled over antique cars with racy drivers in my time; but I've never pulled over racy cars with antique drivers before!" :blush:

Great conversation at our table with yourselves, Eric, Rudy, Joe, Janelle & Jetta

And elsewhere with David aka Aggroman, Andrew, Aron, Che, Linton & Tai + at the start with Dave, NYTSKY, Jezza, David aka FloydWestwood, Matt aka MBS206

Regards, Terry

Great cruise.

Bloody hot, got a mad truckies arm lol

Just made it to Rozelle servo, 475km trip and used 80L :blush: Wouldnt mind a V8 Supercar style drop tank.

Then filled up again and have just got home from another cruise, a total of 13 or so hrs in the car, a new record.

Duncan,

the missus loved the March, now she wants one lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRB73TE-D1g

Here ya go, the fun everyone missed on the way home haha.. only decent vid that I can be bothered uploading at 1am lol..

Ignore the stupid chatter between Andy and I.. except the part where I heel toe down 2 gears.. im still proud I did it properly without jabbing the brake in harder :blush:

Vid ends when we start to catch the other cars that left earlier.

Had a great time! Twas nice meeting people.

Big thanks to the organisers.

It still sucks that I fail on the uphill parts. Must get turbo.. screw P plates

Aha I hear ya :blush: