SAU Community

The Mafia's Povo Rb30 Build - Cheap, But Not Nasty - Some Real Simple Questions

The Mafia

I like the way you work...

Sounds a bit like mine, except I didn't even rebuild it... Just need to change a few things, then push its limits...

i tried that on the first one but the dipstick was popping out every run on 18psi and rings were stuffed, and for the cheap cost of freshening one up (i do assembly work myself) its not worth the hassle to risk putting in used shitters imho. Maybe its just my luck but the last rb30s ive had are not in ideal health compression wise.

should be interesting to see what will be first to go, id say rodbolts or rods if the tune is safe enough not to get the pistons first.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tried that on the first one but the dipstick was popping out every run on 18psi and rings were stuffed, and for the cheap cost of freshening one up (i do assembly work myself) its not worth the hassle to risk putting in used shitters imho. Maybe its just my luck but the last rb30s ive had are not in ideal health compression wise.

should be interesting to see what will be first to go, id say rodbolts or rods if the tune is safe enough not to get the pistons first.

The one I have is near on perfect with compression.

Luck of the draw really. But now I appear to have either head issues or turbo issues...

And I couldn't justify more then the $660 I spent in total that got me a clutch as well.

Pistons/bearings and then paying someone to do the machine work... Not the way i treat it...

As for what'll break first... I'm trying for a piston through the block, or a bent rod at least...

• 3 weeks later...

not much yet, I have the engine at home now. Got the exhaust manifold faced at my mates workshop, and just collecting gaskets. Does anyone have a recomendation on a Exhaust manifold gasket? I got Quoted $110 from nissan for a standard one.

Perhaps give Fabre a call and ask them for a gasket (just an aftermarket one).

I had a quick look on the net and found a permaseal exhaust mani gasket for about $35. I am sure it will do the same job.

I got a permaseal gasket through tweakit.net

cheap and decent quality.