SAU Community

Poll - Best R34 Gtr Colour

Better Colour Resale Value for R34 GTR  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So $650/L for a Funny Colour Datsun...

:down:

Yes it is a nice colour too.

I presume that's Nissan prices. Yes the MP colour are f*king expensive, but there are paint shops out there that can replicate the colour. I had to make up the colour to paint the skirts and pods and spoiler and it was a fraction of the price of Nissans.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black is a pita if you're a fuss owner, I am and I've had a couple of black cars, drove me nuts, never again.

White can look tatty if it's not clean but it's a blender so if you don't want the attention that could be your cuppa and you could unblend it with carbon bonnet/boot & Black 18" Drift teks.

Red --in the eye of the beholder .

For resale ? hmmmm, silver, if it's minty, it's got like a faint purple pearl in the finish looks great but then again thats the colour of my R34GTT so I wouldn't be attall predjudiced -ah -hem.

:down:

Theres also a battleship very dark grey thats classy looking.

Edited by BASHO

i honestly can't decide which i prefer.. my car is white but i'd take any of those 34 GTRs in a heartbeat.

as far as resale goes, i think bayside blue would be your best bet as it was sort of the 'hero' colour for that model

I presume that's Nissan prices. Yes the MP colour are f*king expensive, but there are paint shops out there that can replicate the colour. I had to make up the colour to paint the skirts and pods and spoiler and it was a fraction of the price of Nissans.

How was the match for the MP colour ? I didnt think nissan would actually sell the paint i had a huge drama couple years ago trying to match the bayside blue TV2 on my 34 GTR when painting some mirrors and side skirts, car went back to the shop several times, in sunlight the match was perfect but when you got it in the shade or undercover the new paint was several shades darker

Edited by GTR1313

Avoid the chamelon MNP colours I think, just too much hassles and the changing colour paints are so 90's fad...it's gone now.

Obvious bias for me was the Bayside blue, mainly because that's what I picture a R34, much like I picture a R32 with gunmetal grey and R33 with MNP.

Blue does stand out a bit though because it says "I'm a GTR" which can be annoying. I would say the best colour for resale as when I was looking I wanted a BSB.

Black looks fantastic but, as with my other black car, it's too hard to keep clean constantly. If you are the type that cleans your car every week then that's not really a problem because it'll stay clean often.

Lighter colours like White and Silver are easiest to keep clean and it stays inconspicous and often mistaken for a garden variety R34.

True, did they match the colour spot on?

Im very picky as most of you guys would be with your cars. The match was almost 100% to my eyes so I was more than happy.

Not a good pic but you get the idea

IMG_2238_resize.jpg

Wow!

Does look spot on. :(

Which Midnight Purple is yours?

LV4 - Midnight Purple II

LX0 - Midnight Purple III

You obviously gave the paint code to the spray painters...

Black!

Speak with a few importers and they'll tell you black is 1 of the hardest colour (other than MPs) to get and normally you'll pay a premium for them. And if you've been watching carsales, black ones dont stay on for too long. Colour is just 1 factor and I agree that you shouldnt discount a mint white one over a beaten black.

Wow!

Does look spot on. ;)

Which Midnight Purple is yours?

LV4 - Midnight Purple II

LX0 - Midnight Purple III

You obviously gave the paint code to the spray painters...

I did supply the paint code to the painters but their first attempt wasnt too good. They took a while to get the colour right.

• 1 year later...

Here are some! :D

I think that white did it for me. The BS blue looks good but it just looks good in the picture per the contrast with the other colors. Silver is by far the easiest to maintain. My 350z is chrome silver (same as the Z-tune) and it seems to only need a wash twice a year but I don't think I'd go with that color.

Im very picky as most of you guys would be with your cars. The match was almost 100% to my eyes so I was more than happy.

Not a good pic but you get the idea

IMG_2238_resize.jpg

I think I'm the only person that doesn't like the purple... I don't know why. I doesn't look aggressive to me... It just looks fruity.