SAU Community

Help Me Get Muh Money Back?

andygr32

hey there guys just asking for sum help. ive paid these guys 550 buks for sum tein coilovers and since then have not heard a word from either. just wondering if ne1 is in contact with either of these guys? if so plz pm me i need to get in contact. its been nearly 3 months sincce purchase. :D cheers ppl :( andy g

*sigh*

if you have purchased items from a member or trader from the forums and are not happy with the outcomes, instead of posting up threads about it its easier and smarter to get in touch with a mod and deal with them. as most of the times these kinds of thread turns into a flame thread.

no need to get the whole "clan" involved.

As said in a previous thread i have read. Nam is overseas right now. He is a good guy and i have met him and purchased goods from him. Even came out in the city after i got lost to give me the parts :( There is nothing dodgy going on as said before he is an SAU vic member, he is good friends with Hamish and would not intentionally try to rip someone off.

It's all well and good to say he's a nice guy and he's not ripping anyone off, but to have been paid for goods 3 months ago and the buyer not receive anything, and not be contacted is a joke.

He knew he was going overseas, he should either have made arrangements to have the parts sent/delivered to the buyer, or not put them up for sale at all.

Stuff like this happens. He isnt going anywhere... his name address and number is in the sau vic database. I would be annoyed too but some circumstances are unforeseeable. We don't know the reason why he is away. If your worried about never getting your parts dont because you will.

Stuff like this happens. He isnt going anywhere... his name address and number is in the sau vic database. I would be annoyed too but some circumstances are unforeseeable. We don't know the reason why he is away. If your worried about never getting your parts dont because you will.

It's besides the point. He paid for something THREE MONTHS AGO. He obviously wanted it within a reasonable time frame after paying for it, otherwise he would've paid for it months later when it'd be sent.

As for his name being in the database, SAU Vic isn't going to hand out personal details without the police stepping in and ordering it.

It's besides the point. He paid for something THREE MONTHS AGO. He obviously wanted it within a reasonable time frame after paying for it, otherwise he would've paid for it months later when it'd be sent.

As for his name being in the database, SAU Vic isn't going to hand out personal details without the police stepping in and ordering it.

You're completely right mate, and you have a valid reason to be pissed off.

You can contact your local fair trading and provide them with invoices etc, when it was paid, and details about the seller, they'll take care of it for you.

Alternatively, you can take him to a small claims tribuneral for a small fee of $75 i think it is.

Waiting 3 months for something like that is a joke. The seller should've made arrangements before they left.

^^^ Agreed, this is the second thread. A 3 month wait for parts is not uncommon, especially if they were coming from OS. We don't know enough about the transaction to be bad mouthing a member and at the moment have only one side of the story, there are a few people on here that have vouched for him and as has been said we don't know the reasoning for his departure from the country, he may very well have gone OS just after the sale happened.

Rather than post it to the forums for the whole community to read, send a PM to him or a Mod and deal with it that way, no one is going to give you contact details for the guy over a public forum anyway, well I'd hope not cos that would piss me right off.

^^^ Agreed, this is the second thread. A 3 month wait for parts is not uncommon, especially if they were coming from OS. We don't know enough about the transaction to be bad mouthing a member and at the moment have only one side of the story, there are a few people on here that have vouched for him and as has been said we don't know the reasoning for his departure from the country, he may very well have gone OS just after the sale happened.

Rather than post it to the forums for the whole community to read, send a PM to him or a Mod and deal with it that way, no one is going to give you contact details for the guy over a public forum anyway, well I'd hope not cos that would piss me right off.

You don't seem to understand. Clearly the buyer in this case has tried contacting the seller REPEATEDLY over the last 3 months. I highly doubt the parts were coming from overseas, as the seller was selling parts of his own, not running a business that imports parts for you.

Saying he left the country just after the sale happened is no excuse. If he was willing to take someone else's money, he has an obligation to send the parts in a timely fashion, unless an agreement has been made with the buyer, which obviously is not the case here.

If I sold you $3000 worth of parts, which you paid me for, only for me to head overseas and not send the parts until 5 months later when I decided I'd come back, how would you feel? I'm sure you'd be pretty pissed off that you're $3k out of pocket with nothing to show for it, while I'm overseas.

This Nam guy is shifty as... I bought a "direct plug-in" loom for an RB25-R32 conversion from him about same time ago. Met me in a carpark, & despite saying he had full engine & body looms, only had half of engine loom & no body loom at all. Organised to meet him again for rest of loom & what he had there looked good so I took that home to make a start, then when I got it home found it wouldnt plug into the R32 body-loom plugs... Turns out all plugs had been replaced with some custom things so was pretty much made to just fit his car. Called him about it & he says, "oh sorry mate, had no idea, wont leave you screwed like this, will refund tomorrow...." Never heard from him since... Even if I had been able to get rest of loom it would have helped but stopped answering phone, wouldnt return calls, etc. Would be less shitty if he had answered phone & said, "sorry mate but thats how it goes, will get you rest of loom & thats it" but to tell someone you will refund them & then just ignore calls is a pussy act! Had to pay to get my original loom modified & still have his piece of junk in my shed... Apparently he spends a lot of time at a certain workshop in West Melb... May have to pay him a visit one day...

You don't seem to understand. Clearly the buyer in this case has tried contacting the seller REPEATEDLY over the last 3 months. I highly doubt the parts were coming from overseas, as the seller was selling parts of his own, not running a business that imports parts for you.

Saying he left the country just after the sale happened is no excuse. If he was willing to take someone else's money, he has an obligation to send the parts in a timely fashion, unless an agreement has been made with the buyer, which obviously is not the case here.

If I sold you $3000 worth of parts, which you paid me for, only for me to head overseas and not send the parts until 5 months later when I decided I'd come back, how would you feel? I'm sure you'd be pretty pissed off that you're $3k out of pocket with nothing to show for it, while I'm overseas.

Dude I fully understand but there is a way to deal with these sorts of things and posting crap up on a public thread without the other party involved able to state their side of the story is a bit unfair. As I said in my earlier post, we have no idea what happened and why the parts weren't sent, hell for all we know he sent the parts and they have been lost in the mail. There are too many variables that we just don't know about to be judging someone.

Read the Forum Rules: Board Rules

Defamatory remarks made towards businesses or individuals will not be tolerated on this website - We understand that if you have had a bad experience with a business you want to warn other people of said experience. Unfortunately, the same publicly expressed opinion could be viewed as libelous and/or constitute an attempt to deter business from any individual or business. Australian law holds the site owner partly responsible for any defamatory remarks posted on said website, and that is unacceptable. Informing people via PM's is tolerated as it is not a public message. With this said, feel free to post any information about a business or individual that you have had good dealings with.

The OP hasn't slandered anyone. It's also been posted that the seller has been online recently, and I'm sure the buyer would have sent him at least one PM, let alone the phone calls/emails he would've made/sent in the last 3 months.

not saying it was only the OP. Look through the thread, he has been called a theif, shifty, etc. Just because his account has been online doesn't mean sh1t. He may have a family member that is using his account, or a housemate, I personally don't know the guy but forum rules are forum rules and they should apply to everyone. The OP also has another thread about this exact same thing and has already been told by people on here that know him that they will try and contact him. He was also asking in that thread for contact details for the dude.

IMO the thread should have been locked ages ago as it is going nowhere and now has nothing to do with the original question from the OP.

Bad mouthing, Posting crap on public threads, Good Guy, Defamatory, Board Rules, talk about kick a guy when hes down, isnt this guy just wanting his coilovers since this Nam (PAYING VIC MEMBER) guy who has taken his hard earned money 3 Months ago and still no coilovers, What!, so this Nam couldnt make a simple phone call, not even to tell him if there has been a delay in that 3 Months , GET REAL, Maybe someone should also explain "The Rules" and the expected Code of Conduct to Nam about the not delivery of Paid Goods and that he could also be listed on the forums Bad Traders list if this continues, as for the other side of the story, lets hand it back over to Nam.