SAU Community

Crossroads Cruise

Hanaldo

Brett has been banned from SAUWA im pretty sure, so i will see if he can post the pictures on West Coast Cruisers and ill post them up here. And yes i agree... no kangaroos :P lol

wtf? why is he banned? he just posted on here on friday!!! That's sh*t :)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't use a GPS unless you wanna spend ages chopping and changing the route it wants to take, cruises never go from point A to point B directly, wouldn't be much fun if they did. For example, meet point in Mundaring, enter finish point at City West into the GPS and you completely miss the zig zags and all the fun roads.

That's funny because I didn't see or hear any cars from the cruise on the Zig Zag. Antilag (I'd assume, or somebody with HPV and 2 way) left some epic skids up there hey.

Well then, all is good :ninja: There is a message in the shoutbox on West Coast Cruisers about someone being banned, thought it was him... Must have been someone else. Honest mistake :ninja:

Nic there were a couple of cars on the zig zags? A lot bailed, but there were still a fair few doing it

Edited by Hanaldo

That's funny because I didn't see or hear any cars from the cruise on the Zig Zag. Antilag (I'd assume, or somebody with HPV and 2 way) left some epic skids up there hey.

There was a fair amount of rubber on the zig-zag when I drove it last week.

I think some people go up there and REALLY hoon/cane it down.

There was a fair amount of rubber on the zig-zag when I drove it last week.

I think some people go up there and REALLY hoon/cane it down.

Yeh there is lots of rubber up there. Behavior from the people on our cruise was really good though, nobody was being stupid, was just the antilag kids that were driving quite dangerously, namely that blue WRX (i think, the one with the white vinyls).

Edited by Hanaldo

The blue WRX didnt have vinyls...you're thinking of that TX3? Laser...stupid moron overtook 2 cars on the Zig Zag, right near a blind corner, and just as AntiLag were coming through the other way....sounded cool but that was a very dumb move

That corner before the first lookout, there was some fresh, really dark marks...even width, it went for a good 75-100 metres but it wasnt a drift, and it didnt "fade in / fade out" like the single pegger auto commodore / falcon burnouts you see....definitely not your regular hoons who were laying those down

Nic I think your confusing Zig Zag with Mundaring Weir Road, zig zag is the winding bit that goes down the hill face, the narrow one that is only one way.

The long stretch of road that we drove wasn't zig zags :)

And yes it was a WRX with vinyls, but they were gold vinyls that was hooning down zig zags, you're right Martin, that idiot was tailgating my car the whole way down, I purposely made Josh drive 30k's to stick if to the jerk.

However as Martin said, everyone who was from our cruise and everyone off here behaved really well, it was so awesome to finally be on a cruise that was virtually single file the entire cruise! It looked awesome :D:)

shame those Antilag guys joined us later in the cruise, 260k's down great eastern hwy doesn't make you cool, it makes you a fkn hazzard

Sorry to be rude, but the cruise wasn't that good. Just my opinion.....

Hope Nick is ok, too bad about his R32...

Hahaha funny how the two guys in the BMW's didn't enjoy it :D Nah youre ok man, with the turnout we had i wasn't expecting everyone to be raving about it. Im just glad pretty much everyone enjoyed themselves, i didn't think it was too bad considering it was the first cruise i have ever organized. Thanks for your help Mel :)

Yeh i was talking about the same car Mel said, the guy was a f**kin idiot. Tailgating everyone, overtaking when it wasn't safe, goin over 200kms dodging through traffic. That black 350Z that was with the antilag guys pissed me off as well, overtook me on Roe hwy and went into the shoulder, spat up huge amounts of gravel and chipped the shit out of my bonnet and front bar. Spent all of yesterday repainting my front bar, didn't have enough paint to do my bonnet so i just patched it up n it looks shit :) Will have to repaint it properly when i get back from South Africa.

Edited by Hanaldo

Nic I think your confusing Zig Zag with Mundaring Weir Road, zig zag is the winding bit that goes down the hill face, the narrow one that is only one way.

The long stretch of road that we drove wasn't zig zags ;)

And yes it was a WRX with vinyls, but they were gold vinyls that was hooning down zig zags, you're right Martin, that idiot was tailgating my car the whole way down, I purposely made Josh drive 30k's to stick if to the jerk.

However as Martin said, everyone who was from our cruise and everyone off here behaved really well, it was so awesome to finally be on a cruise that was virtually single file the entire cruise! It looked awesome :(:)

shame those Antilag guys joined us later in the cruise, 260k's down great eastern hwy doesn't make you cool, it makes you a fkn hazzard

I know the difference between Mundaring Weird Rd and Zig Zag, I did grow up around here :)

Mundaring Weir Road was cool because everyone stuck together, but on the Zig Zag all the cars bvehind us took the wrong turn and i couldnt see or hear any follow us down...and none ahead of us either.

I don't get how anybody can "hoon" down the Zig Zag...anybody who's driven down it before knows its just not physically possible, unless you class accelerating hard then jumping on the brakes, as hooning. Thats about all you can do....no skids, no drift... I still question how many people went down the Zig Zag, considering all the crying and complaining pre-cruise about it.

Hi Guys, im still here and alive. :)

WOW what a night. A very long cruise i must say but one that was very different going to most suburbs of perth's . Very interesting. It wasn't everyone's cup of tea by the sounds of it but i think most cruisers really enjoyed it. Well done Mel and Martin for the planning of the cruise. Was a pritty descent turnout, thanks for sure. :(

As most know i bailed out at Mundaring Weir meet point and by the time i got home and was in bed it was about 1.30am. 3hrs later i got up to then drive to Albany to pickup Allens 4wd as it broke down last week traveling down to Albany. A 4hr drive trip with trailer down there and a very slow trip on the way back doing 70 km/ph taking 6 hrs to get back. I was one fried out unit when i got home from Albany. Driver fatigue big time. I think i must of done at least 1000km + of driving in a 24 hr period with stuff all sleep. Yesterday was rest up day and that's why i didn't get the chance to logon. Plus i wanted to spend time with wife Marianne and young bloke Lincoln. :)

Im spewn too. I missed the SAUWA cruise on Sunday but i needed to recover from all the driving i had done. O well next time. Sorry to let ya down on this one guys and not come. Im sure the cruise was a good one tho. Ive just seen the pics.

I will put some pics up tonight when i get home. Dont have them with me at the moment. Nick sorry to hear about your car mate. Some people just have no brains sometimes. It was really stupid with that guy in the commodore tailgating everyone.

What time did the cruise end up finishing at? It must of been very late...

BTW, Drunk dude, your a bloody idiot. (Thats what the ad says for drunk people aint it) There was quite a few people upset by you and your actions. Bring a spare brain when you come next time.

Thats about all you can do....no skids, no drift... I still question how many people went down the Zig Zag, considering all the crying and complaining pre-cruise about it.

It is possible to drift on the zig zags have been in the car when its been done. :(

BTW, Drunk dude, your a bloody idiot. (Thats what the ad says for drunk people aint it) There was quite a few people upset by you and your actions. Bring a spare brain when you come next time.

If its the one I'm thinkin of, he took a piss at the karrinyup drive lights, made all us wait, soon as they got to the lights it turned yellow. he stopped five more cars from going through. F*CKER

In an A31 maybe. :)

I bet once you stop stalling your car it's pretty easy hey joe? :(

^^ This chick is correct. It isn't hard. It's just not a good idea. What with the 600ft drop on the side of it.

Edited by Dorigecko

Was a good cruise, only just got home. We stayed back at the last meet point for a chat :)

A few wrong turns but we all got there in the end.

Cept for that black 33 that was tailgating me all the way through the hills, made me a bit edgy.

Good to meet new people.

And condolences to the r32 owner who was involved in the accident, i dont know the extent but i sure hope its repairable :(

But you went so slowly!

Sorry, I was going to apologize earlier, I was looking to overtake and check out Jason's Beamer, since I've not seen it up close, and I live in the hills = know those roads much better than the backs of my hands, since I barely look at them.

Also... Pretty sure I was miles behind you anyway!?!

Anyway, LOTS of people has squealing brakes. Maybe a group buy on break pads is in order?

Hahaha funny how the two guys in the BMW's didn't enjoy it :( Nah youre ok man, with the turnout we had i wasn't expecting everyone to be raving about it. Im just glad pretty much everyone enjoyed themselves, i didn't think it was too bad considering it was the first cruise i have ever organized. Thanks for your help Mel :)

I'm not saying you can't organise a cruise, what i was saying is with regards to some of the driving "skills" i saw there and some of the dickheads who have no idea how to drive safely at speed. Or should i say to "minimise" the risk of an accident at speed.

The cruise itself was mmm ok, the stops at Dog Swamp, Midland, etc were too long. Should be 5-10mins to let everyone regroup and then go again.

Just because i drive a BMW, doesn't mean i didn't enjoy myself :)