SAU Community

Full Bucket Seats Legal ?

cm712

Are full bucket seats (fixed back) street legal ?

DO you have to have a harness ?

Do they restrict you view when doing head checks ?

How are they to live with on the street ?

Thanks guys :)

Depends if they are ADR approved. Depends on the type, headchecks would be harder to perform and they are stiffer and less comfortable whist providing maximum hold and grip for your body.

So if they are ADR approved i can put one in my car with no hassles ?

Not quite. Some are legal, some arent.

In a 2 door car, you cant have fixed bucket seats if you have rear seats. Harnesses are illegal altogether.

As for head checks, depends on your car. One of my mates have Autotecnica seats in his GT4 race car, pretty much a fixed back version of the R34 GTR seats. Head checks are pretty easy in it. Another of my mates has a OMP fixed back racing seat in his drift car, like the V8 Super Cars have, and no way in hell can you do a head check in that thing. Driving it on the street was an absolute prick. He now takes it to the track on a car trailer.

Try out your seats before you buy them and make sure you have do head checks easily.

• 1 month later...

In NSW you must be able to access the rear seats from either side of the car.

So if you have fixed back buckets in a 2 door, you need to strip the rear seats and register as a 2 seater as well as engineer the seats.

EDIT: sorry, just saw your in Vic

• 9 months later...

is this actually for track??

if it's just for street... can't you think of a better way to de-value your car? like pouring brake fluid on the paint maybe?

fix back racing seats.... INdeed..

is this actually for track??

if it's just for street... can't you think of a better way to de-value your car? like pouring brake fluid on the paint maybe?

fix back racing seats.... INdeed..

What (If any) racing seats are reclinable AND ADR approved, so that they can legally be fitted into a coupe for street use. I can only seem to find one of the other.

:)

i dont get what you're winking at..

what i was saying was.. is it ACTUALLY just for street or are you going to take it to a skidpan once a year.

just sayin. fixback bucket seats would be shit house for street use. who the hell would want that in a street car daily commuter?

then when comes time to sell you get every un-educated boogerface telling you that they think your car is "too modded" to sell

shit was so cash.

lol silly boy. I'm winking because you are talking about fixed back seats like the OP (from January) was talking about. The dude that I qouted that bumped this thread is talking about reclinable seats and what ones are ADR approved.

Edited by PM-R33

wow.

after you have pointed this out..

...i feel..

...trolled.

i feel TROLLED and RIPPED OFF.

my whole world is crashing around me... i am... defeat..

so who likes pea n ham souP??? i could do with some right now - i dont even know why