SAU Community

33 Gtst Builds

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bosch HEC-716. I have been using them for about 7 years. I went to get some new ones for the first time last year and the design has changed, not even close to how they were. The pic is of the new rail. The plug leads are cut down to suit, so don't think you can just buy them off the shelf. I want to remake it and should beable to get someone like QLD Ign leads to make me a set. That is if they are long enough to fit their machine.

This is the old style HEC-716 wher I had an even shorter plug lead. While it was compact and neat it was a royal pain to swap a set of pulgs in a hurry between rounds. Disreguard the 3L sticker, stiring the pot for some scrutineers hahahaha.

Picture001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

thats not the right way to run water lines, you will cook the cartridge if you run the lines like that. there will be no flow through the turbo as its the same gallery. might want to address that

• 3 weeks later...

Work and life have been getting in the way of being able to spend much time in the shed. Easter has been tagged as car time!!!! Yesterday I stripped back as much as i could out of the engine bay and got stuck into seam welding. I've done this a few times now and find it to be very beneficial if you are going to be doing much track work. Seam sealer is a pain because no matter how I try it is always still down in the join, messing up the first little bit of every weld. Bang some heat in, give it a mo, and plough on. I re-seam sealed it all up so the will be no rust concern in 10 years time. By the time I had given it all a rub over with surface prep, prepsol and had the basic masking done, the sun had gone down and taken the light for my spray boot with it.

Picture023.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Back in the shed I wanted to make sure the Fglass guards ,which have been copied off my my race 33, fit up properly. Some little fixups needed.

Picture024.jpg

Painted this morning, primer on any exposed bits first, then satin black. Now, before anyone says, "Should have primed it all rar rar rar" Its a srteet car that will get flogged with regular and absolute gay abandon on tracks. ITS NOT A SHOW PRINCESS.

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Just waiting now for some help to push it back in the shed.... when the paint has set a little more though. Want to get the guards and bumper painted to day as well. Tomorrow I should be able to get the motor box and exhaust back in and stone guard the inner of the front guard area. Monday get the bodywork fitted and anything else that has popped up. I've got tues and wed off and planing to take it to a mates panel shop to roll and flare the rear arches. I don't have cool enough toys for that... Yet.

MMMMMMM love the pics thanks.

What do you think about JP's caster to cross member brace idea? I am thinking about running one, But i would really like something more structural, but i can not picture it yet.

Hey Noddy,

Did you raise the steer rack to keep it parallel with the LCA's?

I love suspension geometry but i wish i understood half of it, there is so so much stuff to think about.

Its definitely an area that I'll be looking at when I rebuild Gentle's front end but that will not be for a few months yet, deff have some ideas to run through. Need to focus on this beast first.

Sat arvo Sara the fantastic spray painting and panel beating champion girlfriend of mine who I love, got the spray putty on and left it to harden overnight. Had to hang it some where.

Picture035.jpg

and today She put the black GLOSS on. I love her sooooooo much!!!! Thank you.

Picture036.jpg

For the record, my painting is not very good. On the result of my first attempt I was told that the finish looked like I had painted it at the beach on a windy day. Not from Sara I must add, she has more tact than that.

It is soooooo close to going for RWC. first I need to pump the rear guards so I going to a mates panel shop tomorrow and wed for some guided hammer wielding!

the motor n box went in today and got everything in the engine bay pretty much completed. The new turbo sits back about 20mm and has made some issues for the piping. Still need to get the fuel system in the boot sorted, that will happen over the next week or so...... I betting on so. The guards and bumper are on properly too now, that took longer that I expected. Looks good though me thinks. a long easter weekend well spent.

Picture.jpg