SAU Community

33 Gtst Builds

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm beat. And Haill dint's suck ass. Pulled the rears about 50-60mm and blended them back into the body. has been a bit of a mission but should fit a set of 18/10's nice. Pics when I get home, some time over the weekend. Hopefully I will get to take the cop car out for a slide on friday night.

1/ use a good sized club hammer and flatten the inner lip. when it is up against the skirt, use a big mofo slide hammer and strech the crapper out of the guard. This takes some effort so have a big bowl of Wheat Bix for brekie. The wheel is a 17x9.5 GTR offset. -18 with a 245 40 17.

Picture038.jpg

this will probably meke the side of the car cave in. This will get worse the further the arhc gets pulled. I got to use a cool spot welding thing to pu these pins on which a special slide hammer is attached to. helps to restore some shape.

Picture041.jpg

Now for the inner sculpter to shine through and artfully restore some original type stylings..... kind of. This took alot longer than I imagined!

Picture043.jpg

So it is home now. Still have a lot of work to do body wize but the basics are basiclt there. Should have the Fuel system done tonight and have everything ready for a roady next week.

Another big weekend of little jobs that seem to take so long to get done.

brake master, braided brake lines, fitting callipers and bleeding them up, fitting the Intercooler piping, clutch mastes slave and lines, fixing damaged looms to get the indicators going and fitting all the fuel system to the boot.

best part is I got it started and got to check for leaks etc.

• 3 weeks later...

YAY!

The paint fairy came while I was at work and put glossy black paint on it...... Dam she's a good girl!!!!

Pics when it is back together.

This thing has had a bit of a bump in the rear and a rough fix. So I knocked all the bog out I could find and beat it out properly with a much thinner layer of GAGE GOLD (bog) to get the shape and finish spot on.

Picture049.jpg

And then ther is the hail...... lots of hail....... EVERY WHERE!!!!

Picture050.jpg

Picture051.jpg

If I had plenty of cash, what number plate would I get. This was an interesting conversation when my little bro came to visit, with a cube of bundy. He's an accountant wanting to be a revhead. drives an 09 WRX. Before any one starts to think that we f**ked the paint on the bonnet by drawing in the dust, it is so hail damaged, there is no way it is staying on the car.....for long.

Picture055.jpg

I have been working on the body since the start of Easter and not much else. I was almost at a point where I had had enough and was going to take it to a shop to get it finished. But then the reality of $$$$ kicked in. Then I got a 2nd wind and got it in putty, found more dints, and putty again.

Picture060.jpg

Picture062-1.jpg

Picture059.jpg

If you squint, and use ur imagination, it could be the AMUSE CarbonR!

Picture066.jpg

On Monday, the painting fairy visited while I was at work. I had it back together by sun down. The next day.

11052010_005.jpg

11052010_004.jpg

11052010_003.jpg

11052010_002.jpg

11052010_001.jpg

Edited by Noddy

• 2 weeks later...

long story but in a nut shell, I need to sell it to fund getting the race 33 going again. I want to have it ready for the national super sprints in November. I was hoping that some cash would have been freed up by now, but as they say, best laid plans......

Things may change and I will still have a super daily.

they are Koya driftek's 17/9.5 +18 offset

I also run 17/9 +32 with 20mm boltons on the front and 25's on the rear.

I took it to the dyno on Thursday evening, the cable from laptop to the EMS must be damaged....... no tuning done but I do know the mixtures are very safe to go for a good run in drive on the track this weekend.

We had a nice drive out friday night and had a real good time catching up with mates. We all camp at the track, big bonfire, lots of drinks, big stories and even bigger egos.

The weather in Stanthorpe was pretty cold, then the rains came early Sat morning. The event has been postponed for a fer weeks because the rain was not going to letup and the organizers were looking out for us. Any how, some of us decided to stay, visit some wineries for a spot of tasting and camp the night. When we left Stanthorpe at about lunch time today, the ambient temp on the cars climate control read 4deg.

• 2 weeks later...