SAU Community

Sick And Tired Of Fearing Cops Like A Criminal!

Spunky Munky

Reading threads like this is the only reason I have to be happily living in the NT

Reading this thread makes me glad i've got my car 100% legal and engineered so I don't have to care if the police pull me over and give me an EPA/canary for something they aren't sure about.

Actually scratch that above sentence...

After reading this thread I'm glad I'm not driving a skyline, but driving a Datsun. The police only pull you over to tell you they owned one when they were young, or their dad rallied them... :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha ha...classic...an absolute classic! hahahah...I especially like the SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR PANTS line. However, I see your point mate, that's why I'm going to keep my GTR stock as a freaken rock. I need to clear the defect on the GTS-T so that I can sell the fuucka....thanks mate...

:P

Yeah keep it stock.

Just for a peace of mind, stock GTR airbox, BOV and FMIC can handle a decent 300 kW's no probs, so if you are looking at that sort of power, then you should be fine with them.

and the bit bout cops pulling you over in a import is part of the reason, but its also what you look like

i was driving my mum's 03 camry one night at around 3am, just cruising and there was a commodore with a green p and southern cross full of bogans, he was in front of me and turned left, and i turned too, cop car saw me did a u-turn and pulled me over. she breath tested me saying someone called 000 saying i was driving dangerously :S

but clearly it was because 3 wogs in a car at that time, cos the commodore had a full car load yet he wasnt pulled over and he was the only car around, so tell me how that works?

Edited by ItalianSupastar

:cheers:

Yeah keep it stock.

Just for a peace of mind, stock GTR airbox, BOV and FMIC can handle a decent 300 kW's no probs, so if you are looking at that sort of power, then you should be fine with them.

Yeah thanks mate...I've really lost interest in all the 'wank factor' stuff...don't know why, maybe because I've had enough of the shit cops give us and that I'm getting older perhaps.

Regardless the reason, I just want to turn my car back to stock and leave it that way...can't be bothered any more to be honest.

Hi all, as part of my endeavours to look as stock as possible, does anyone have a R33 GTR bonnet they can sell?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Wt...al-t300573.html

You could get your bonnet painted (colour matched too), so that you still have a carbon fibre bonnet, but looks less conspicuous. I think Carbon fibre bonnets are illegal anyway mainly due to the fact they can splinter when pedestrians hit them (a bit the same like carbon fibre dash boards, when you hit them they don't give the thing you hit them with back!)

So I guess it's your choice! :cheers:

I'd just like to report to everyone that i finally got my car back yesterday after 5 weeks of it in the workshop getting a roadworthy! :cheers:

I wasn't required to get a RWC, i've been pulled over 6 times this year and haven't been given a canary or anything, but like the title says - sick of fearing cops - and i wanted it to be totally legal and drive more frequently. it's sad, in the first 6 years I was never pulled over once, and this year has definately made up for that.

so fellow SAU'ers you will finally see me out and about and at more cruises now, looking forward to summer!

Solution: Move to a regional city lol - more access to open roads, and less cops per person. lol

I've been pulled over twice since i bought my car, once i was "driving out a bit late, sir?" and the other i was radar'd at 6 kms over the limit. Both times the police were very nice and respectful, and curious about the car. They are so used to falcodores being defected for rusting or bad condition they arent that experienced in spotting possible boost controllers etc.

Neither less, address the attention grabbing issues and you will be fine. I'm currently looking into buying a plumb back and getting a quieter exhaust, once thats done i dont expect a second look!

and the bit bout cops pulling you over in a import is part of the reason, but its also what you look like

i was driving my mum's 03 camry one night at around 3am, just cruising and there was a commodore with a green p and southern cross full of bogans, he was in front of me and turned left, and i turned too, cop car saw me did a u-turn and pulled me over. she breath tested me saying someone called 000 saying i was driving dangerously :S

but clearly it was because 3 wogs in a car at that time, cos the commodore had a full car load yet he wasnt pulled over and he was the only car around, so tell me how that works?

Ok let me get this straight, your avatar is "ItalianSuperHunk" :) yet you're saying the cops kinda pulled you over for how you look? I get the feeling that you're either Asian or African or something...hahahaha....

Speaking of stereo-typing, one punch line that I always get is...so let me guess, you either drive a Skyline, WRX or an Lancer Evolution, right? I'm like...fark, you got me again...

I'm of Asian background...although I was born in Australia and speak with a freaken Aussie accent, but regardless, Asians are labelled as Rice-burners....and I guess, it's not hard to understand why?

Cheers.

Kevin

You could get your bonnet painted (colour matched too), so that you still have a carbon fibre bonnet, but looks less conspicuous. I think Carbon fibre bonnets are illegal anyway mainly due to the fact they can splinter when pedestrians hit them (a bit the same like carbon fibre dash boards, when you hit them they don't give the thing you hit them with back!)

So I guess it's your choice! :)

My CF bonnet is already painted black to match the car...but has vents and all that 'wanky' stuff...I just want it to look stock as rock...doesn't bother me if people think my car looks stock, shit or not fast...it's what's under the hood when I hit 4K RPM that matters... :D

So does anyone have a stock GTR bonnet to sell please please?

I'd just like to report to everyone that i finally got my car back yesterday after 5 weeks of it in the workshop getting a roadworthy! :)

I wasn't required to get a RWC, i've been pulled over 6 times this year and haven't been given a canary or anything, but like the title says - sick of fearing cops - and i wanted it to be totally legal and drive more frequently. it's sad, in the first 6 years I was never pulled over once, and this year has definately made up for that.

so fellow SAU'ers you will finally see me out and about and at more cruises now, looking forward to summer!

Good to hear buddy....good to hear...basically, the boys in blue have won...I just want my car to look stock as anything else and in-betwen is just not required...I really have lost the love for my Skylines after this year...sick and tired of getting pulled over and treated like a criminal...so I absolutely agree with you mate!

Speaking of stereo-typing, one punch line that I always get is...so let me guess, you either drive a Skyline, WRX or an Lancer Evolution, right? I'm like...fark, you got me again...

I'm of Asian background...although I was born in Australia and speak with a freaken Aussie accent, but regardless, Asians are labelled as Rice-burners....and I guess, it's not hard to understand why?

Cheers.

Kevin

Better than people thinking you should drive a commo or falcon IMO. We all get stereo-typed. (I'm UK decent (4th or 5th gen)Aussie)

-Ryan

Better than people thinking you should drive a commo or falcon IMO. We all get stereo-typed. (I'm UK decent (4th or 5th gen)Aussie)

-Ryan

HAHAHAhahahah... You are on the money Ryan.

I'd rather be stereo typed driving a skyline/WRX/EVO etc. than a commodore :)

im syrian.. look lebanese, sound lebanese but NOT LEBANESE!

people say i should ditch skylines and go VL.... never. i would rather have another mans balls in my mouth

im syrian.. look lebanese, sound lebanese but NOT LEBANESE!

people say i should ditch skylines and go VL.... never. i would rather have another mans balls in my mouth

Wow, such passion and love for the 'R'...word! So you seriously would rather have a ball sack in your mouth than drive a VL Calais Turbo? Oh yeah...

Wow, such passion and love for the 'R'...word! So you seriously would rather have a ball sack in your mouth than drive a VL Calais Turbo? Oh yeah...

I don't know. I'd rather drive a suzuki mighty boy at a B&S ball than have another mans balls in my mouth. :santa::cheers: