SAU Community

Wakefield + R35 + Willall Tune + Slicks = ?

LSX-438

I source the slicks from a guy who has contacts from the GT and porsche cup boys.

I caught

of an interesting tire setup i've not seen before on an R35.

You get a good look at the wheels/tires from about 3:00.

These seem different, yet again, from the latest Super Taikyu GT-R's wheel/tire setup.

Can't find any info on the net though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught
of an interesting tire setup i've not seen before on an R35.

You get a good look at the wheels/tires from about 3:00.

These seem different, yet again, from the latest Super Taikyu GT-R's wheel/tire setup.

Can't find any info on the net though.

Thanks for the video, very interesting. Advan slicks hey... they look pretty much the same size that Martin, Marek and myself are running (18's too?). The car seemed a bit unstable under brakes? Maybe is was pushing really hard. Running aftermarket brakes and coilovers too.

Guys,

Just to put these times in perspective....check this out:

http://wakefieldpark.com.au/index.php?opti...2&Itemid=49

The lap records at Wakefield.....the GTR is up there with Porsche cup lap records and would have smashed the improved production record that currently stands by over 2 seconds.

Well done again guys on the times.

• 2 months later...
Guys,

The lap records at Wakefield.....the GTR is up there with Porsche cup lap records and would have smashed the improved production record that currently stands by over 2 seconds.

Well done again guys on the times.

Not to mention they'd put the frighteners into some of the bike boys.

Thanks for the video, very interesting. Advan slicks hey... they look pretty much the same size that Martin, Marek and myself are running (18's too?). The car seemed a bit unstable under brakes? Maybe is was pushing really hard. Running aftermarket brakes and coilovers too.

What tyre size are you running with the 18's mate ?

Edited by The Law

Marek, rumour has it that Santa in his VR38 powered sleigh is bringing Duncan -30kg and +15kw to put under the tree.....just a heads up :down:

-30kg Race seats ?

+ 15 kw full exhaust and tune ???

Do tell ...

tyres which seem to work are michelin 27/68/18's (all four corners).

weight reduction was Willall racing titanium exhaust and susequent power increase from same

next time out i will be running less pax seat (another -30kg), race wing and splitter (martin?)

tyres which seem to work are michelin 27/68/18's (all four corners).

weight reduction was Willall racing titanium exhaust and susequent power increase from same

next time out i will be running less pax seat (another -30kg), race wing and splitter (martin?)

Sounds NICE !!

With those quoted tyre sizes are they imperial measures ??

Sounds NICE !!

With those quoted tyre sizes are they imperial measures ??

No, they are metric sizes.

27 = 27cm = 270 mm tread width

68 = 68 cm = 680 mm overall diameter

18 = 18" wheel, OK this one is imperial

Guys,

Haha, but to put that into perspective... these $160k+ cars with $x000's worth of mods only beat a Toyota starlet (on road tyres) by less than 4 seconds... ;)

But seriously, damn impressive times. I wish my car only took that long to get down the front straight.

No, they are metric sizes.

27 = 27cm = 270 mm tread width

68 = 68 cm = 680 mm overall diameter

18 = 18" wheel, OK this one is imperial

Thats a fair bit lless rolling diameter/overall diameter than standard tyres, do you notice the car is lower/guards dont look filled out ?

Edited by The Law

• 2 weeks later...
here's a vid, chasing Marek. For some reason he seems to have more punch out of turns... maybe Martin has fixed me up!

Hey, can you post a link to the Natsoft results. Curious to see the times the MR2 you overtook at the 1min mark.

Hey, can you post a link to the Natsoft results. Curious to see the times the MR2 you overtook at the 1min mark.

that was a practice day, no official times. Last time out with natsoft timing at wakefield (on re55's) i ran a 1:05.3 i think, so the slicks seem to be good for a second or so around there. We'll be going out again in the next few days to improve on these times i hope. Does anyone think we could manage a 1:02?

Edited by LSX-438