SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

The black R34 could have been me. Havent lived in Canberra long but yet to see another black 34. Seen heaps of Skylines around, wish I knew about this thread earlier on.

(since I haven't seen you post before) WELCOME! haha I've seen a couple of black GT-Ts around, though not very frequently at all. We've got a couple of yellow ones, few white ones, few silver ones...not sure what other colour R34s I might have seen around though.

I have gone sideways at a round-a-bout. Needless to say, I did 40km/h the rest of the way home. I'll be curious to know if your revs went to redline which then made your turbo swirl you around more or if you clutched the whole time.

(I hope that made sense, because I don't even know what I said :D )

Edited by Jeremy90

I have gone sideways at a round-a-bout. Needless to say, I did 40km/h the rest of the way home. I'll be curious to know if your revs went to redline which then made your turbo swirl you around more or if you clutched the whole time.

(I hope that made sense, because I don't even know what I said :D )

:laugh: turbo swirl

Usually when people get sideways by accident, it's because it's wet and they haven't learnt trottle control in a powerful rear wheel drive car.

:laugh: turbo swirl

Usually when people get sideways by accident, it's because it's wet and they haven't learnt trottle control in a powerful rear wheel drive car.

My interests quote allows me to look silly ! :(

Given it's wet though, your tires would spin a lot faster (No traction) so your revs would be like shooting up a lot quicker given you'd be accelerating to give you spin (kinda). So when I did it in my non turbo Datsun Stanza with rally spec wheels on the back (Hectic) I red lined in half a second due to no friction to grab the tires still. So, I was wondering what it would be like with a turbo giving all that power to the rear wheels and if you'd spin like a crazy man or what.

I seriously need to go into paint to try and make sense of myself haha.

Edit: I made a great paint drawing to describe what I mean, but work won't let me upload it :( Lucky the weekend is coming up. I shall bring my paint skills out again :D

Edited by Jeremy90

If you accelerate normally or carefully, your tyres shouldn't spin at all.... that's all I'm saying..... it's when people plant it and don't have a lot of experience. Or perhaps if your tyres are total shit lol.

Hahaha YES we need MS paint here!

If you accelerate normally or carefully, your tyres shouldn't spin at all.... that's all I'm saying..... it's when people plant it and don't have a lot of experience. Or perhaps if your tyres are total shit lol.

Hahaha YES we need MS paint here!

Hope this helps to explain what I am trying to explain.

15rjeoj.jpg

Approaching the round-a-bout.

t71hcw.jpg

Cruising along about to hit boost

x4re49.jpg

Hopefully the review mirror helps explain which way you're facing on the road.

So you went too fast round the roundabout and lost traction? Also those have got to be the best paint drawings i have ever seen. 1000 internets to you sir. Made my day.

My original question was... would that happen above if you slammed your foot down because of the turbo. (I've only spun a non turbo at a round-a-bout and I spun fairly quick.. I'm imagining how quick your RPM would redline because of the turbo).

I'm so confusing myself again!

My original question was... would that happen above if you slammed your foot down because of the turbo. (I've only spun a non turbo at a round-a-bout and I spun fairly quick.. I'm imagining how quick your RPM would redline because of the turbo).

I'm so confusing myself again!

You would bounce off the rev limiter, bounch off the gutter, crap yourself and have a look on your face like this.

9305d1362313784-wtf.gif

I'm guessing Swirl = Spool? :laugh: