SAU Community

Im Looking At Buying At Stagea Any Owners Out There Tell Me Abit Bout Them

yellowsubmarine

where the rust appears over time in EVERY C34v stagea due to shit design theirs so sponges under each wing mirror....

Some one could post up what they have done to rectify this issue that would be great!

if you are going to get a c34 get one with twin sunroofs

i test drove a s1 dayz before i bought a s2 stocker - because i wanted tip tronic and the neo

i thought i did not want to bother with a car with sunroofs after spending many years fixing everyone elses so i opted for the s2 i have

as i have no sunroof i can not tell you about them leaking, rusting, damaged by hail

but that very first test drive of a stag with every window open including the roof, the memory still lingers - i now wish i could have that everyday.

and i get very jelous when i see another one - even s1's (but i gots the power) with their roof open on a nice summer avo

*sigh*

but yeah - its fuel consumption not economy, because its a turbo 2.5 pulling a wagon, it needs a bit more aggression on the pedal to make it move in traffic (changes in speed on inclines etc)

the s2 has a better autobox if you go that way and it shifts pretty quick for an auto

i have looked at selling mine to get more cash for a house deposit but i cant - i can not buy anything with the power, features, room, safety, mileage, handling - in stock form - what it has for the same money or a bit more!

just a great value car

Edited by 910trx

did anyone mention the bone china m35 turbo?

All Stagea and Skyline turbos suffer from the same problem. They have a ceramic turbine which at a certain temperature is known to fall to bits.

The reason it is more of a problem in the M35 is due to the M35 running higher boost than the C34 from the factory. From what I've read on here, the RS/RX models run about 11-12psi (I have an RS = ~11.8psi or 0.8bar) whereas the ARX seems to be around 15psi for reasons no one can understand, given that these turbos usually break after being exposed to ~14psi for extended periods. Each turbo's tolerance is different, if you regularly hit max boost it could last years, or days...

12psi should be fine if everything else is in good shape, but you dont know what boost limit it was running in japan, nor do you know how much heat your particular turbo is being exposed to at 12psi (things like intake/ambient temperature can affect this). Its the heat that does the damage, not the boost pressure on its own.

In any case, its very straightforward to replace the standard turbo with a highflow unit which will then outlast the car. It sucks, but once its done its done, and you'll never need to worry again.

Touch some serious wood my turbo holds a bit longer. After putting in a 3" dump front combo with just 1 hi-flow cat, the pitch on my turbo sounds like Maria Carey, meaning it's spinning faster and harder. But judging by other ppl's experiences, it will probably blow sooner rather than later lol.

i found one in sydney a dealer one ended up talking them down to $14500 from $15900 didnt have any rust bit of a scuff on the side skirt and the rims had gutter rash. apart from that it was pretty good. applying for the loan on wednesday hopefully ill get my first stagea ill let u guys know thanks for the help

post-25975-1264465404_thumb.jpg

i found one in sydney a dealer one ended up talking them down to $14500 from $15900 didnt have any rust bit of a scuff on the side skirt and the rims had gutter rash. apart from that it was pretty good. applying for the loan on wednesday hopefully ill get my first stagea ill let u guys know thanks for the help

that looks sick, need to sort out the 4wd ride height tho

you even have the full dayz body kit and carbon thing in the middle of the front bar

manual or auto?

good luck with the loan

• 2 weeks later...

Read an interesting article in the latest Performance Imports mag about importing stageas into australia... Maybe have a read of it because they talk of a blue stag that had 150xxx kms in japan but ended up selling her with only 60xxx....

hope its not this one for your sake...

So did you get it?

If so that's a nice pick-up.... (and I don't mean Ute).

Bayside Blue's are rare, it seems less than 5% were painted that colour. This is assuming that it is original.

Interestingly that one has black side panels behind the rear side windows. Mine are Blue, and most others are too.

Mine is an auto, only thing off std is the exhaust. It's run a 14.9 (with a restrictor and std full boost). And also returned 525km (and wasn't empty) on a full tank! I get over 400 around town, unless I fang it. Then it drops to 360km.

I taken it out on the track a few times, for such a heavy car the handling is fine. You have to drive pretty stupidly on the road to loose it, at least with AWD.

So if you are still dreaming... I'd say go for it, I don't think that you'll be disapointed.