Texi, Skids On Sunday, 5th September 2010

N1GTR

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do we have definitive photographers for the day? If so, can we pay them and get all the shots of our cars (hopefully lots) in RAW format or NEF or whatever, sent on a DVD? :)

Would love gorgeous hi-res shots for me to fiddle with to my heart's content...

Do we have definitive photographers for the day? If so, can we pay them and get all the shots of our cars (hopefully lots) in RAW format or NEF or whatever, sent on a DVD? :bunny:

Would love gorgeous hi-res shots for me to fiddle with to my heart's content...

I'll fibd out for you

Theres usually 4/5 pro's there taking pics

Pfft skidz?

Last time i smoked them i got told off! Should be called "Chirp on Sunday"

They just don't like your skids. My skids got me an award at last texi ("Best thrashing" AKA "Cassbo, please use this award as incentive to maintain your car") :D

20z7nfc.jpg

I'm still trying to find out if Ill be in Sydney, bloody well better be, Ive got my "gotta do a skid" itch going on, trying not to hit the cones whilst doing said skids and getting around the course in a decent time is something that I'm sure will need some work.

hey execs, heads up if there is another payment for texi coming ur way under my user name. the name of the person its for is Andrej Zecevic.

and Doof, can you put him on the list? thanks baby!

Pfft skidz?

Last time i smoked them i got told off! Should be called "Chirp on Sunday"

Haha

You're a true hoon. Its not "burnouts cause my right foot got stuck sunday" :whistling:

On this topic though, im hoping we can allow screamers here but thats an ongoing debate, ill sms you if that gets approved

Haha

You're a true hoon. Its not "burnouts cause my right foot got stuck sunday" :ermm:

On this topic though, im hoping we can allow screamers here but thats an ongoing debate, ill sms you if that gets approved

No it's called "That's not a burnout... That's from my turbo seals being blown on Sunday"

hey there,

I'm a mate of MSD-00F's and probably going to come along for this.

Quick question: As far as secondary bonnet restraints are concerned, apparently its in the CAMS rules now that the majority of standard bonnet latches qualify for this because they actually feature two completely independent mechanisms. Mine is definitely like this. The first restraint releases when you pull the lever in the cabin and the second when you lift the little tab at the front of the bonnet. neither one of them affects the operation of the other.

Do you reckon this'll pass scrutineering?? I hear its basically up to whoever's checking it on the day, and they can be lame about it.

Also, "fire extinguisher in reach of driver" or something, would in the passenger foot-well be fine?

Just don't want to get there on the day and be knocked back, raging would ensue..

Cheers!

im unsure about the bonnet latch thingy as im still tryna figure out the same thing for mine :)

but yes the passenger foot-well is the perfect spot for it. most ppl out theirs there.

SEE YA THERE ANDREJ :woot:

At the previous Texi I don't think you needed a secondary (or tertiary as the case may be) restraint to pass scrutineering. I'm sure an official will confirm shortly.

In the event that an extra restraint is required, I have seen many ways that this can be achieved. You can use a belt, a bit of rope or go and make something similar to what I have... 5kfyn9.jpg

As for a fire extinguisher, pretty much any where you can reach from the driver's seat is a good location for it. Mine is located behind the passenger seat

fire0008.jpg

fire0009.jpg

Actually, there is a guide on mounting fire extinguishers. It might be specific to R33s, but it will give a rough idea what you can do :)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=4963976