SAU Community

Anybody Notice All The Camera's On The M4 Between The Toll Booth And Church Street Exit?

_Wing_

they don't record speed

it's just for traffic monitoring, although it does seem a bit on the obsessive side

i reckon they are there to capture evidence for any accidents that occur (?). don't know why else you'd need so many

I noticed every pole or every second pole has a camera on it :D

Anybody know what it's for? Seems like super overkill x10 to have so many of them

to track stolen SAU cars...

Cam #1 > front number plate

#2 > rear number plate

#3 > d/ckhead behind wheel

#4 > pr/ck sitting next to d/ckhead

#5 > whole of car

#6 > wheels

#7 > front bar 'n lip

#8 > rear bar 'n pods

#9 > side skirts

#10 > G/F in the back seat ?

...dreamin' about the way it should be.

im still pissed off about the introduction of these new safety cameras...

yes Shanil...

Formerly "RED LIGHT CAMERA" - now "SAFETY CAMERA AHEAD" by stealth > now a Speed Cam combo

"SAFETY CAMERA AHEAD" - when that light turns 'Amber' ...

a) do I gun it and risk a speeding fine or...

b) do I come to sudden stop and get a cold sweat as I see in the rear vision mirror a big wtf in my rear end????

Perhaps, whilst the general public is getting used to the changeover, I should momentarily Push the Hazard Light button!!!!

I noticed every pole or every second pole has a camera on it :)

Anybody know what it's for? Seems like super overkill x10 to have so many of them

it has been there for years and yes they are there for monitoring traffic and accidents.

and as Terry had said it in his post from number 1 to 10..... ;)

yes Shanil...

Formerly "RED LIGHT CAMERA" - now "SAFETY CAMERA AHEAD" by stealth > now a Speed Cam combo

"SAFETY CAMERA AHEAD" - when that light turns 'Amber' ...

a) do I gun it and risk a speeding fine or...

b) do I come to sudden stop and get a cold sweat as I see in the rear vision mirror a big wtf in my rear end????

Perhaps, whilst the general public is getting used to the changeover, I should momentarily Push the Hazard Light button!!!!

or maybe think about what yor going to do prior to it going amber, thus negating all of the above?

looking more that 15metres ahead = win

or maybe think about what yor going to do prior to it going amber, thus negating all of the above?

looking more that 15metres ahead = win

Hell Yeah!

If people drove properly - ie speed limit and not tailgating there's really no problem.

The amber light gives you enough time to clear the intersection once it turns if your doing the speed limit.

If you see it turn amber and your 50m away then gun it to save a few seconds, then the more fines you get the sooner they get you off the road.

Hell Yeah!

If people drove properly - ie speed limit and not tailgating there's really no problem.

The amber light gives you enough time to clear the intersection once it turns if your doing the speed limit.

If you see it turn amber and your 50m away then gun it to save a few seconds, then the more fines you get the sooner they get you off the road.

Plenty of time? Try driving a truck with 10 T at the back. You sweat your ass off at these intersections as you know you will lock em up if the light goes orange. f*ken bullshit

Plenty of time? Try driving a truck with 10 T at the back. You sweat your ass off at these intersections as you know you will lock em up if the light goes orange. f*ken bullshit

Yeah, trucks might be a diff story with needing more braking distance, don't know.

But my point was that if your doing say 70 in a 70 zone, comming up to the lights and it turns amber on you just as your approaching, there's no need to gun it to 100 to get through there's enough time in the amber.

In my mind I generally anticipate that the light could turn amber at ANY time, so you approach each intersection knowing you may have to stop.

I'm pretty sure there is so many cams there because there is no where to pull over in between those two points on the m4 so if you break down or have an accident they can get someone out to you

Hell Yeah!

That will work in an ideal world, tell me where this place is so i can move there?

especially at pennant hills road where big semmis carrying anything up to 30t with hot brakes are cruising down a hill at 70km/hr, try stopping that in the 3 seconds the rta expects them to stop in. Truckies are always copping it harder than the rest of us.

If your lucky you can anticipate the traffic lights, but how would you like to be forced to stop at amber only to find an 18 wheeler or more hammering up your ass with the trailer bouncing with locked brakes.

And another rant, whats the deal with the stupid 4 lane county drive at cherrybrook turning into 2 lanes. its an F-ing main road!!!! RTA is being run by knobs

speaking of county drive, the day after the lanes were changed there was a fatal..... where there hasn't been a fatal in 4 years..... go figure

That will work in an ideal world, tell me where this place is so i can move there?

Ideal world yes - so do we start somewhere, or just keep going flat through every intersection hoping every second f*ckwit is lucky enough not to wipe out and kill someone

especially at pennant hills road where big semmis carrying anything up to 30t with hot brakes are cruising down a hill at 70km/hr, try stopping that in the 3 seconds the rta expects them to stop in. Truckies are always copping it harder than the rest of us.

If there was a sharp bend at the end of that road, would you expect the truckie to anticipate this and slow down knowing he has to make the bend or should the truckie continue doing 70 right into the bend then turn the wheel and hope he gets through?

If your lucky you can anticipate the traffic lights, but how would you like to be forced to stop at amber only to find an 18 wheeler or more hammering up your ass with the trailer bouncing with locked brakes.

see above. A truckie more than any other driver should realise what they're driving and drive accordingly. If you can't stop in time then don't "hammer".

Again, yes i know this would be ideal, and my not be real life, but what do we do instead?

Also you, me (and truckies) would probably pass no more than a couple of these on most days, is it really that much to ask to approach that intersection with a bit more caution?

Yeah, trucks might be a diff story with needing more braking distance, don't know.

But my point was that if your doing say 70 in a 70 zone, comming up to the lights and it turns amber on you just as your approaching, there's no need to gun it to 100 to get through there's enough time in the amber.

In my mind I generally anticipate that the light could turn amber at ANY time, so you approach each intersection knowing you may have to stop.

True. All i know is i hate being loaded 10+T (tipper) and approach a traffic light with camera. Lose 3 points and all days earnings in a second. I dont even know weather to go slower than speed limit or do the speed limit while approaching the lights, just to make sure those cheap ass cameras dont snap me up. I dont even pay attention around me, all i do is watch that stupid light. You call that safety? lol I dont think so. Very hard to anticipate. But i guess being in a truck, im in "different cattle of fish".