SAU Community

R32 Gtr Clutch Bleed Issues

Cosa

As title states i'm having some issues bleeding the clutch on my 32 GTR.

The slave seized up so i installed a new one but i'm having problems bleeding it.

Ive read the sticky and the user manual but to no avail. There is no splitter in my system just a line directly from the master to the slave. The previous owner had changed the clutch, i'm assuming he had the splitter removed.

From the guides i have read they require the master to be bled, then the splitter, then finally the slave. Problem is my master doesn't have a bleed nipple, and i don't have a splitter, so that just leaves the slave. Ive attempted to bleed it by filling the master, pushing the peddle all the way down, cracking the nipple, then pulling the peddle up. This doesn't create any pressure in the system.

I'm stumped :)

nope, i crack it when its down, close it then the peddle gets pulled up.

When i pump the peddle the fluid in the reservoir moves up and down, but it doesn't seem to be pumping it with any pressure to the slave.

I just tried to bleed it using a hand pump, still no go.

I'm starting to think it might be the master, but i'm not to keen on pulling it out and taking it apart to check.

Had similar issues with mine. I took it to ABS. They fitted a suction tube connected to their air compressor, onto the bleed nipple of the slave cylinder. Problem solved. Its a common fault. Hope this helps

If you don't have a bleed nipple on the master, then crack the union where it connects to the master.

If you don't have a bleed nipple on the master, then crack the union where it connects to the master.

I wanted to do that, wasn't to sure if it would do any more harm than good.

Had similar issues with mine. I took it to ABS. They fitted a suction tube connected to their air compressor, onto the bleed nipple of the slave cylinder. Problem solved. Its a common fault. Hope this helps

Good to know its not such a big problem.

Cheers guys :worship:

Took it in to the mechanic, clutch master is gone as well. Need to get a new one.

I've read in several threads that its possible to use a clutch master from a Y60(GQ) Patrol or from an RB25 GTS-t/pathfinder

Seems like the patrol master is only good for the 32 gts-t, anyone know if it fits a 32 GTR?

Part numbers would be useful if anyone knows them.