SAU Community

'lost Birds' R33 Gtr

hey mate, just stumbled upon this now car looks awesome. its good to have something unique to stand out from the crowd. id love a car that look like that.

good work u guys r nearly finished!!!

thats looking great, can't wait to see final photos....

so much work gone into it...

Thanks guys. It is really appreciated. That's coming from Allison. :blink:

update for today! :-)

It started out with nice weather today for a change!

DSC_0007-2.jpg

But then it started to get cold so we had to take it inside the Lost Birds Garage. Snap-On tools and 8 hydraulic lifts FTW.

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0018-3.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

This is as far as it got today.

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

Went back to the Lost Birds Racing Garage today to get some more work done.

DSC_0069.jpg

Donnie showed up in his R33 to tackle some jobs before he headed back to the track as well. Also pictured is an R32 hoping to see some renewed glory.

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0162-1.jpg

just the doors and roof left now.

Nah he said he was going to do the wings more.

Also, get some series III GTR headlights for it :blush:

you mean the ones with HIDs? I found a new old stock ones (original equipment but never sold by the manufacturer) here for 1600 US dollars. That's a pretty penny!

cool cheers, can u imagine how many looks ud get driving that gtr around, he must love it

Yeah we are going to put the design into the wings and help them look more subtle. they really stand out alot as it is right now. For shits and giggles I drove it like this to the grocery store, and there were people looking through the glass from inside just staring. it was pretty weird.. haha

you mean the ones with HIDs? I found a new old stock ones (original equipment but never sold by the manufacturer) here for 1600 US dollars. That's a pretty penny!

Yeah we are going to put the design into the wings and help them look more subtle. they really stand out alot as it is right now. For shits and giggles I drove it like this to the grocery store, and there were people looking through the glass from inside just staring. it was pretty weird.. haha

i can just imagine bro, good work..

the little bird outline thats not filled in under the door handles looks really good.

good work allison, u deserve some compliments for your efforts

just curious how many hours do you think its been once this is finished? and how many texters lol

she should sign her name hidden in the art work somewhere

It's at 140 hours right now with one door and filling in the wings remaining. Her name is already hidden on the car and is in the pictures somewhere if you can find it. It's about 6 inches long. So far it's used up about 25 chisel tip sharpies.

There's three sets of initials on the front, ALCKDH for the three people that worked on the paint job. Allison LaValley, Collen Kelton, Darin Hughes, but on the wing underneath the spoiler she put her whole name into the design.

Wings filled in. Looks better, no?

DSC_0068.jpg

we should send the pics into today tonight and tell them there has been people going round drawing over peoples cars. see what sort of bullshit story they come up with.

looks good now that it's finished. very nice work.