SAU Community

'lost Birds' R33 Gtr

"Nice wheels. Whatcha running under there?"

"You're gonna make me find out the hard way? You're brave! You're brave. They call me Hector. Got a last name too, but I can't pronounce it. "

LOL... close.. i think he's saying more along the lines of "DUUUUDDDDEEEE, that guy is totally gonna freak when he sees what you've done to his car"...

haha, that is pretty much spot on!

went out to the store and bought these Nismo S-tune heat range 7 spark plugs. mr. brand whore at your service! I'll be heading out on business for a while so there will be a lull in updates until I get back!

DSC_0012-3.jpg

Edited by istdercollen

Man, that looks INCREDIBLE. Makes me want to get to my car with a pen since it's white and I luuuuurv drawing japanime. Maybe try my motorbike first though, won't take as long :blink:

Looks insane, really it's a piece of art, I would pay to see it in a gallery. Well done Allison!

I've just read every post from go-to-whoa and I'm flabbergasted.

I think your car has just doubled in value - Picasso on wheels!

And Allison, you must love your man very much!

It's the University of Hawai'i's loss; and your boyfriend's gain!

Brilliant!

Footnote:- I'm afraid your car would be 'defected' over here. It would be regarded as "driving people to distraction"!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome car dude! My mother thinks her Suzuki Swift is the personification of automotive perfection and even she thinks thats an amazing looking car lol

Great job both of you absolutely love it!

Thanks for the compliments guys! Sorry there have been no updates recently. I am on a business trip but still parts searching. I may not be back with the car until August. At that point I should have another 10K USD that I can throw at it. Got some plans that should come together nicely. Plan is to scrub it down before the end of August at the tracks! For now though it's double covered in the garage. Should be fine unless an earthquake takes it out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE. I crashed the car at the track this morning. Pretty much totaled at this point. I hit the front against a bail of hay and spun like a top into another car. I did have the fastest lap of the day up until that point. Pretty gutted.

actually I'm just kidding. I didn't crash the car. But my house was robbed while I was gone, and they took my rims, VOLK lugnuts, Nismo sparkplugs, and things like my guitars, TV, computer, PS3, all my shoes, some of my clothes, they stole all of the food out of my cupboards, and they took all my redline oil stash (hap all redline oils for the differentials, transmission, transfer case, and engine ready to go in when I came back) a bunch of cash, silver dollars from 1885, my toilet paper. you get the idea. however, they didn't even touch the car. it was still covered and tucked away where I left it.

DSC_1617.jpg

DSC_1619.jpg

DSC_1621.jpg

DSC_1623.jpg

The ray of sunshine

DSC_1626.jpg

I went around today to used rims stores in the area to see if they had shown up, and if so who brought them. checking pawn shops for guitars and the like. I went back to the place where I bought the Enkei wheels, and they were pretty shocked that someone broke into my house and stole them. They offered me an incredible deal since I was a returning customer and to "help me through and finish my car" on some Prodrive GC-10s in 19x10 +15 with 275/35/19 Potenza RE01Rs for 2,800USD out the door. I took the offer, but they only accept Yen cash, so it will be a few days while I withdraw money from the ATM.. here's a teaser though.

DSC_1629.jpg