SAU Community

'lost Birds' R33 Gtr

I've been considering getting the HID R33 headlights, but they go for a pretty penny here in Japan. found some new in the box for 1600 USD. not worth it at all. that's my Tomei Oil Pump, or something else useable.

Since I'm typing- updates today. Replaced starter, old one said goodbye over the weekend filming that video. That is the most pain in the ass starter I've ever had to replace, took me over 2 hours of pleading with god to get the top bolt off. Also removed the sound deadening that was cemented to the floor pans and such. On the prowl for a roll cage, interior sprucing up after that.

pffft wow! no shit that looks tuff with the new wheels 30profile thats brave ahah, love that last photo too!

Thanks mate. These are probably going to be my cruising wheel/tire combo, as it's a terrible set up for the track. probably will opt for the more standard 18"/35 series on the track.

Oh.... that last photo made me all tingly inside (DOF shot)... Hires plz? :)

here ya go, it's 28 megapixels though.

4754245171_9fe42206ca_o.jpg

also, completely removed the sound deadening that is cemented to the floor panels. Use a pneumatic chisel and bulldozed it in just over an hour. Screw the fancy dry ice shit. haha, this way cost me free 99. And to celebrate here's a weight update.

Weight update...

Removed rear seat and rear seat safety belts for 31 pound/14.1kg reduction.

Stock Trunk Carpeting - 11.5lbs/5.2kg

Stock Floor Mats - 13.0lbs/5.9kg!!

Stock Jack/Tire Iron - 4.5lbs/2.05kg

Stock Spare Tire - 34.4LBSSSS/15.6kg

Nissan Air Purifier,sound deadening behind back seat, car jack - 9 lbs/4.1kg

metal plate behind the back seat - 6.4 pounds/2.9kg

Stock suspension 57.8lbs/26.3kg and HKS Hipermax 47.0/32.3kg - 10.8lbs/6kg net loss

door panels 14lbs/6.35kg

carpet and various pieces of plastic 16.2/7.3kg

Center console 7.6lbs/3.5kg

passenger seat 34lbs/15.4kg (with rail attached)

Difference in test pipe/cat 6lbs/2.7kg

new seat/rail vs old seat/rail 5lbs/2.3kg

dash stripped to shell - 3lbs/1.36kg

difference in exhausts 24.2lbs/11kg

all sound deadening 12lbs/5.5kg

=

242.6 pounds/110.3kgs

Stock R33 GT-R 3388lbs/1540kg

so I'm at 3145.4lbs/1429.7kgs. Still heavy! Still to come out. Rear windshield wiper assembly, HICAS, switch to CF Driveshaft, stock exaust manis, outlet pipes and downpipes.. to be replaced with SS and titanium respectively, and more!

Ive been going through this thread and im frickin loving the work mate,thats real talent.It'l be the ultimate test for a permanent marker lol

Just imagine if it was in fluoro sharpie haha thatd be sick.

polished the headlights, and removed the A/C radiator/fan. compressor is next but i didnt go to the garage today.

DSC_3696.jpg

DSC_3701.jpg

DSC_3708.jpg

DSC_3711.jpg

the radiator and fan weighed 15lbs/6.8kgs

Weight update...

Removed rear seat and rear seat safety belts for 31 pound/14.1kg reduction.

Stock Trunk Carpeting - 11.5lbs/5.2kg

Stock Floor Mats - 13.0lbs/5.9kg!!

Stock Jack/Tire Iron - 4.5lbs/2.05kg

Stock Spare Tire - 34.4LBSSSS/15.6kg

Nissan Air Purifier,sound deadening behind back seat, car jack - 9 lbs/4.1kg

metal plate behind the back seat - 6.4 pounds/2.9kg

Stock suspension 57.8lbs/26.3kg and HKS Hipermax 47.0/32.3kg - 10.8lbs/6kg net loss

door panels 14lbs/6.35kg

carpet and various pieces of plastic 16.2/7.3kg

Center console 7.6lbs/3.5kg

passenger seat 34lbs/15.4kg (with rail attached)

Difference in test pipe/cat 6lbs/2.7kg

new seat/rail vs old seat/rail 5lbs/2.3kg

dash stripped to shell - 3lbs/1.36kg

difference in exhausts 24.2lbs/11kg

all sound deadening 12lbs/5.5kg

radiator and fan 15lbs/6.8kgs

=

249.4 pounds/117.1kgs

Stock R33 GT-R 3388lbs/1540kg

Lost Birds R33 3130.4lbs/1422.9kgs.

Edited by istdercollen