SAU Community

Time Attack Setup For A Gtr

Full-Race Geoff

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had a lot of success just shimming the standard rear diff. obviously 1.5 or even 1 way aftermarket centre is even more effective.

How do you find the quaife when one wheel is off the ground, or is that not an issue for you? we have a nasty last corner at our local goat track where the front inside wheel is off the ground for a fair way.

We have had a lot of success just shimming the standard rear diff. obviously 1.5 or even 1 way aftermarket centre is even more effective.

How do you find the quaife when one wheel is off the ground, or is that not an issue for you? we have a nasty last corner at our local goat track where the front inside wheel is off the ground for a fair way.

thanks for the info - how are you shimming the diff? Can you share any pics of this? I think the aftermarket center will probably happen, but this would be a nice solution for the time being. Also going to open the transfer case up and see if i can add 2 more discs in there.

the quaife does fine in the front here because ive never lifted a front yet... if i could do it again it would be an ATS or OS giken front AND rear.

no problem!! we will have a solution for the twin turbo guys T25 setups in the fall :rofl: well worth waiting for..

Please dont make us wait ;)

Please dont make us wait :rofl:

i would love to post pics of the r34 here in the shop right now, but i can not release any pics for a few more months. the turbocharging industry is in for big changes. i promise details and data will be released as soon as is allowed for me to share

thanks for the info - how are you shimming the diff? Can you share any pics of this? I think the aftermarket center will probably happen, but this would be a nice solution for the time being. Also going to open the transfer case up and see if i can add 2 more discs in there.

the quaife does fine in the front here because ive never lifted a front yet... if i could do it again it would be an ATS or OS giken front AND rear.

sorry no actual detail...anything with gears in it is too complex for me. I know they add extra clutch plates of extra thickness to the centre, and that they immediately understood what I meant so I assume it was simple/common enough. my instructions were "I want it tight enough so it clunks in carparks" and it came back perfect. Same for transfer case too, extra clutch plates in there bring on the 4wd sooner which is welcome

geoff what you want is the nismo diff upgrade kit. it's a kit of new disks for the diff. they add different combos of friction plates etc to get the desired characteristics. there are two kits available for stock GTR diffs with different initial torque settings. when installed properly in a 32 GTR diff it makes it very tight and very predictable, consistent lock up behaviour.

geoff what you want is the nismo diff upgrade kit. it's a kit of new disks for the diff. they add different combos of friction plates etc to get the desired characteristics. there are two kits available for stock GTR diffs with different initial torque settings. when installed properly in a 32 GTR diff it makes it very tight and very predictable, consistent lock up behaviour.

Me and my mate are running these in out cars, they work great, and they'r cheap. My mate went from a super aggressive Tomie 2 wa, 'back' to the Nismo clutch packs, and it made the car faster and easier to drive

i have the 2007 nismo catalog, but there are (4) kits available? take a look, do you know the differences?

GTRLSD-nismo1.jpg

GTRLSD-nismo2.jpg

GTRLSD-nismo3.jpg

Me and my mate are running these in out cars, they work great, and they'r cheap. My mate went from a super aggressive Tomie 2 wa, 'back' to the Nismo clutch packs, and it made the car faster and easier to drive

could you please you ask your mate if he got the 8kg or 12kg? and serrated disc or smooth disc?

from memory when we ordered them there was only 2 to chose from (7.5 and 14). The standard GTR ones are smooth from memory, Nismo might have updated the range. we chose the 7.5 (8) cause we both drive on the street a lot, and didn't want a super aggresive one.

My 7.5kg kit ended up with 9kg of preload when it was tested.

Edited by sav man