Time Attack Setup For A Gtr

Full-Race Geoff

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

r14dyno2.jpg -- pump gas at 19psi
R14-E85-8875-20psi.jpg

^^^E85 Tune@20 psi -- wayyy laggy + weird dip??

so we got that weird dip figured out tonite, and why it was so laggy -- there was a small tear in the wastegate diaphragm! this caused extra lag, and weird behavior when the wastegate was opening.

NOTE: LEARN FROM MY ERROR -- ALWAYS RUN THE WASTEGATES OFF COMPRESSOR HSG TO AVOID ANY VACUUM BEING SEEN BY THE WASTEGATE> IF YOU RUN WASTEGATE OFF OF INTAKE MANIFOLD USE A CHECK VALVE

Edited by Full-Race Geoff

So when is the 'p' available to the public, I've been procrastinating over turbo choice for too long!

after i test it, assuming we see favorable results they can be ordered with a 4 week leadtime. If it does not do what we expect, it will not be released.

I had a friend with a 100% stock R33 RB26 (Stock cams, stock everything) tune with a twinscroll 35R today for good reference. i will post that dyno up shortly, and then compare my new turbo dynosheet to it

• 2 weeks later...

i strongly recommend that you use 100% genuine borgwarner airwerks turbochargers!!! Bullseye power is a knockoff of the BorgWarner, it is not the same.

so what is so bad about my s372r?

ps. feel free to come borrow mine to size it up/run if you want. pm for more info. its brand new. just dummy fitted. im just as interested as you are to see how it will go.. but my cars in bits..

post-19586-1270801948_thumb.jpg

ps. feel free to come borrow mine to size it up/run if you want. pm for more info. its brand new. just dummy fitted. im just as interested as you are to see how it will go.. but my cars in bits..

post-19586-1270801948_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the offer :P i'm probably further away than you, i'm going to try fit it onto a Trust T88 manifold tho with a 50mm gate.. however looking at your photo the trust manifold may house the turbo too far back close to the shock tower..

still waiting on my motor too.. apparently a few weeks away..

post-31456-1270852413_thumb.jpg

sounds nice geoff

cant wait to see a dyno graph, so anxious.

been looking for a turbo for my new 2.8 setup, something along the lines of 700whp and was thinking of a gt4088r, what diferences have you found this these new turbos?

simon