SAU Community

Fosc @ Bathurst / April 2010

LSX-438

Guys i really wanted to do this event cause more time at bathurst is more time at bathurst if you get my drift... however you cant compare this even to Drive or Sprint Bathurst... Having competed in the last two Drive Bathurst events i can tell you that this event at easter will probably be a gentle cruise around the track... i doubt you will get over 200 down the straight with all the regs that they have slapped on the event. This event keeps changing and there is no release yet as to what is the schedule. If you ask me your wasting your money taking your car there and you would be better to save up your $$ and do the Drive / Sprint Bathurst in November where you will really get to drive your car like you do at Oran, EC etc etc... Just think how many first timers there will be at an event like this... its a bad ass track and some of these blokes will be driving very carefully - i'd be staying clear of them... Duncan you have too much track experience for this type of event. This year 09GTR and i are aiming to do both Drive & Sprint 5 days in total. Here is a comparison for you. Drive bathurst max cars on track at any time 32 - this event at Easter i hear there will be up to 60 cars on track at any one time - thats 100m per car so forget about getting a really good run!!! its too dangerous and the GTR is too fast. I hope your not dissapointed. By the way Drive bathurst is $2800 this year if you sign up before end of march. Last year i had 1.5 days of no speed limit session running and did over 70 laps across two days. Was the best event 09GTR and i have ever done... Save your money and join us in November.

Edited by White 35

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys i really wanted to do this event cause more time at bathurst is more time at bathurst if you get my drift... however you cant compare this even to Drive or Sprint Bathurst... Having competed in the last two Drive Bathurst events i can tell you that this event at easter will probably be a gentle cruise around the track... i doubt you will get over 200 down the straight with all the regs that they have slapped on the event. This event keeps changing and there is no release yet as to what is the schedule. If you ask me your wasting your money taking your car there and you would be better to save up your $$ and do the Drive / Sprint Bathurst in November where you will really get to drive your car like you do at Oran, EC etc etc... Just think how many first timers there will be at an event like this... its a bad ass track and some of these blokes will be driving very carefully - i'd be staying clear of them... Duncan you have too much track experience for this type of event. This year 09GTR and i are aiming to do both Drive & Sprint 5 days in total. Here is a comparison for you. Drive bathurst max cars on track at any time 32 - this event at Easter i hear there will be up to 60 cars on track at any one time - thats 100m per car so forget about getting a really good run!!! its too dangerous and the GTR is too fast. I hope your not dissapointed. By the way Drive bathurst is $2800 this year if you sign up before end of march. Last year i had 1.5 days of no speed limit session running and did over 70 laps across two days. Was the best event 09GTR and i have ever done... Save your money and join us in November.

You've seen the regs for the FOSC event? i've been trying to get some for weeks. Where did you see them?

You've seen the regs for the FOSC event? i've been trying to get some for weeks. Where did you see them?

Dont think they have any yet??? but today porsche released this so they must be close?!. From what i read there will be 3 groups and each group will be getting 3 Half hour sessions on the track. Ive heard they have 170 or so cars so split that by 3 and you have close to 60 cars on track each group etc. Will be a nice leisurely drive in 4th gear around the track.... Save your money dude and come in November!!!

Dear Participant,

I wish to confirm your registration for the ‘Porsche Clubs at Bathurst’ event from April 4 to April 6, 2010.

Both the Porsche Clubs of Australia and Festival of Sporting Cars (FoSC) have had an overwhelming response to this event, which will result in 400 cars competing at Bathurst over the three day period (160 of them being Porsches).

Unfortunately, because of the number of entrants and the diverse level of experience, CAMS imposed heavy restrictions on the original RELAY Regularity event. They insisted that all cabriolet vehicles have full roll-over protection and all vehicles be fitted with harness seat belts.

This, of course, would have eliminated quite a large number of our Porsche Club entrants, so Festival of Sporting Cars has altered the event slightly to accommodate the majority of cars.

The event will now be conducted under the rules of a Consecutive-Regularity (with a rolling start). Promised track time will remain the same, but the program will comprise dedicated periods for Porsche competitors for their training, practice and competition. This means, with the exception of a few Porsche Club Members who will be entering a non-Porsche into the event, Porsches will be on the track with other Porsches.

The program commences at 1.30pm on Sunday. This is a very important change to note.

We will be posting to you information regarding your registration and accommodation details. If there are any discrepancies to your original request, can you please advise by email at your very earliest or telephone: 03/9473 0924.

Email address: [email protected]

However, in the meantime, please find below the current timetable of events:

Sunday, April 4: Arrive Hotel (Your Hotel will be confirmed by Mail)

12.30pm Arrive Mount Panorama and proceed

to Porsche area (as directed by Marshalls)

1.30pm First Porsche Masters Training

2.30pm Second Porsche Masters Training

4.00pm First Porsche Practice Session

7.00pm Porsche Cocktail Function

National Motor Sport Museum (next to track)

Monday, April 5: 8.00am Third Porsche Masters Training

9.00am Second Porsche Practice Session

9.30am Third Porsche Practice Session

10.00am First Porsche Regularity Session Group 1

10.30am First Porsche Regularity Session Group 2

11.00am First Porsche Regularity Session Group 3

12.30pm Lunch – Corporate Hospitality Area above Pits

2.30pm Porsche Show ‘n Shine – Porsche Pit Area

Time tbc Porsche Observation Drive

(Or leisure time for competitive drivers if they choose)

7.00pm Porsche Dinner – Corporate Hospitality Area above Pits

Tuesday, April 6: 8.00am Second Porsche Regularity Session Group 1

8.30am Second Porsche Regularity Session Group 2

9.00am Second Porsche Regularity Session Group 3

9.30am Third Porsche Regularity Session Group 1

10.00am Third Porsche Regularity Session Group 2

10.30am Third Porsche Regularity Session Group 3

12.00noon Large Transporters leave Pit Area

12.30pm Lunch – Corporate Hospitality Area above Pits

1.30pm Presentation of Trophies

2.30pm Porsche Participants depart

General Information:

Dress on all social occasions will be casual.

Event clothing and name tags will be made available at start of event.

We will be trying to organise scrutineering before you leave your State for the event. This will be confirmed next week.

All Porsche entries, competitive or non-competitive, will be located in an exclusive area behind pit lane. This is where we expect to judge the Show ‘n Shine. Directions will be provided to you by FoSC marshalls on arrival at the track.

Porsche Cars Australia will have its Race Support truck on site, supplying a selection of parts that will, hopefully, assist most of the field with minor problems…..if needed!

All competition vehicles will need to have a fire extinguisher fitted, along with a bonnet clip, tow hook and battery indicator sign.

Drivers will need a helmet and neck to wrist to ankle clothing (race suits are not mandatory).

Event wristbands will be needed for access to the Porsche grid area behind the pits, plus all catered events. If you are intending to bring a companion and have not booked for that them, please do so at your earliest, as we must close off all entries by March 10.

It is suggested that all Club Members liaise through their Club President or Motor Sport Director if transport space is required for cars or track tyres, etc.

f**k me, I paid top dollar to do THREE days of full racing, FOSC usually do practice/qualify on the Friday, then two races for all categories on Saturday then THREE races for all categories for Sunday.

We was all told, THREE days of Mt Panorama, now the carnts have cancelled Sunday arvo so a bunch of farken Neville rich No-bodies can tool around in Hun Mobiles.

What we all paid our $748 for, we aint gonna get, then to top it off, Porker Cars Aussie have now claimed the event as THEIR OWN, and wait for it the 6 hour event is gone, and plenty paid another $748 to run a 6 hour relay, now Porker cars with thier Dudley Do-Rights have been given all Sunday arvo and Monday till 1 pm and Tuesday till 1 pm, all EXCLUSIVE to them and them only, the rest of us bogans get the scraps.

Us poor suckers have lost out.

I have protested this, I strongly urge all you do the same, and tell as many others you know competing in the weekend or the relay to do the same. Email FOSC Charles Jardine event boss directly.

We may have won in 1945, but they are getting us good now.

I give no fark for porkers.

Edited by dat2kman

So it looks like the regs have actually been released overnight, however just skimming through it i cannot see any timetable? Does anyone know what the timetable is? Also i cannot see anything about tyres. This seems to be a badly organised affair, what are the chances of pulling out / getting money back?

Judging by what Jason is saying there shouldn't be an issue re a refund as they're not going to deliver what it is they promised as far as I can judge?

Edited by Marlin

anyone got a timetable yet? i asked but no reply :D

Hi Duncan

As you know, Jason, Damien, John and I got our money back following a couple of requests about a month ago.

The events getting too close, too many cars, too many issues (roll cage may become one for you)- not enough info, I think I would be asking for a refund as they say they have plenty of reserves and maybe join white 35 for November run - John (red evo) has done this event several times also and highly recommends it!

• 3 weeks later...

Im going up to watch this and lend a hand (read; drink their beers and get in the way) with a team running an S15.

It looks like a good thing im a big porka fan...

Duncan its a shame you wont be there, i was looking forward to seeing your R35 going around :(

Got this email tonight (below) from FOSC, what's it all about?

If i were still entered i would be getting pretty nervous.

Odd :)

There is no challenge to our racing program.

On Tuesday, a company called TrackCorp Adrenalin Pty Limited will seek an injunction from the Supreme Court restraining the Council from permitting us to hold the REGULARITY events, alleging that our conducting regularity may affect their revenue when they stage an event next November.

FoSC is confident that the application for an injunction will fail.

FoSC is proceeding on the assumption that the event will go ahead exactly as programmed.

May affect revenue?!

Mmm, well that's probably correct, nonetheless why should the courts mind if there's healthy competition in business....even if both companies go about it two different ways

its hard to tell without more context or the story from the other side.....but if that is even half true it is disgusting.

there are few enough motorsport events available, any company low enough to head to the courts to stop a competitor's event will never get my entry fee.

Looks like it's all ok..

ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!

TrackCorp Adrenalin Pty Limited

HAS WITHDRAWN THEIR ACTION AND

WE ARE ON THE START LINE.

See you at the Mountain for

FoSC EASTER BATHURST!!

My Best Regards

Charles Jardine

This is an automated/database/select email.

Nice Steve we can finally catch up! i'll be there with my brother and his friends evo, i think we're doing some pit business..

Jess?? whos going up from sscc?

Sweet as! I'll be easy to find, look for an orange s15 with Autosport on the side :down:

Nice Steve we can finally catch up! i'll be there with my brother and his friends evo, i think we're doing some pit business..

Jess?? whos going up from sscc?

Loads... Fricker and Moses in a Torana

Greg Boyle and Father in Torana I think

Streetys in the Evo's

Livian in the mustang

A few other members in there cars

Will know more when I get up there Saturday & Sunday...Will be doing a day in the control tower too :down: