SAU Community

New! Rb Nissan Special Garrett Gt3076r Ball Bearing Turbo

Harey

gt3076r turbo itself is around $1800 mark? then around $500 - 600 to fit with new dump oil/water lines intake pipe and cooler pipe

pretty basic , 3k is way 2 much for a complete bolt on kit.

I think an extra $600 is bit light on.

If you have a look at this thread, even if you do all the work yourself including modifying the dump pipe your still looking at $7-800.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ga...25-t255288.html

The 3k kit from GCG includes:

-GT3076R with Garrett T3 5 Bolt turbine housing

-Spacer Plate

-Studs, Nuts and all Gaskets

-Oil and Water line kit

-Silicon elbow for intercooler plumbing

-Stainless dump pipe

Its not too bad really, especially if your after the least fuss possible.

Edited by Harey

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a look at this thread, even if you do all the work yourself including modifying the dump pipe your still looking at $7-800.

-Spacer Plate

-Oil and Water line kit

-Stainless dump pipe

yeah u could go about it this way

spacer plate from laser cutting workshop $5

silicon elbow off the turbo $30 delivered

studs bout $3 from any bolt place

re use your old gasket they normally fine 2 reuse if u havent blown them out

modify dumpipe $100

oil feed $100 modify water lines $100

pretty simple 2 bolt up and cheap

Garrett dual ball bearing GT3076 internal wastegate:

Garrett cartridge CHRA 700177-5015

Highly ported Nissan 45V4 front housing

AVO .73 rear housing 6-bolt skyline style

bolt on, $2300 with lines from Adelaide Turbo Services

garrett chra pricing: http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...am_May_2007.pdf

avo rear housing : http://www.avoturboworld.com/pdf/gts_exhaust_housing.pdf

post-18854-1265765204_thumb.jpg

no boost spike

was using a hks 14pound actuator but upgraded just now to a garrett 18psi turbo actuator

boosts quicker and holds nicely at 1.25bar, no spike

feels very powerful, will redyno test soon

What i dont understand is, how can the AVO be used for both GT30 and standard turbo application?

there are clearly issues when using housings the same dimensions as the stock one on a GT30, so is this AVO housing not going to be one in the same?

Is there something im missing? where they make one for a stock skyline and one for a GT30 suit skyline? the pdf doesnt seem to specify that information, yet rather says the one is for both.

I have a feeling that the AVO wont house the GT30 wheel as best as it could, and may see the wheel sticking out the back of the port on the exit... effectively blocking part of the wheel itself.

if im wrong, and they are a good option for the GT30 based CHRA, i think an awesome turbo could be built using this housing... something along the lines of a AVO + a non port shrouded 2.75 inlet front cover over a 3076 52t could be used to create a BS responsive 270kw package.. and in true bolt on form (less the lines) hmm ideas ideas ideas

here are some pics:

Image076.jpg

Image078.jpg

Image079.jpg

Image080.jpg

Image075.jpg

Image081.jpg

bolts on, did the job myself

a legit 60-trim gt3076r with .73ar rear housing

dual ball bearing garrett chra #700177-5015, front housing as shown above, rear avo housing

I dont believe the wheels have been cropped, just a normal put together job then balanced.

edit: stock ported nissan rear housing - Sliding Performance, for comparison

at1.jpg

Thats not a "REAL" GT3076R , a 76mm compressor does not necessarily a GT3037 make . The REAL ones have a GT37 series compressor wheel with 6/13 blades in mostly 56 trim , occasionally 52 T , almost never 48 trim .

The REAL GT306R/GT3037 cartridges with the 76.2mm GT 37 series compressors are 700177-5007 or -5006 or -5005 - 56/52/48T .

Those housings don't work very well with any of these turbos just like a 17" rim doesn't work too well in a 16" tyre .

Your money your calls .

A .

Those housings don't work very well with any of these turbos just like a 17" rim doesn't work too well in a 16" tyre .

point taken, now to remember how to identify the "real" 3071r

from what i can see the 3071 with the .5 front cover doesnt foul the manifold am i wrong?

point taken, now to remember how to identify the "real" 3071r

from what i can see the 3071 with the .5 front cover doesnt foul the manifold am i wrong?

Yeah, it fouls, you still need a spacer. I ran a 20mm with mine.

If you are going to go a 3071 with internal gate then do not get the .63. The gate, even when enlarged just cant bypass enough exhaust for stable boost.

From everything I hear its difficult to make the "real" GT3071R (cartridge ID is 700177-5023) work over a wide range , the cropped versions seem to work ok in a proper GT30 based turbine housing which Garrett don't make for this sized turbine . HKS do and they found it necessary to use their own brewed port shrouded compressor housing and called it GT2835 Pro S which is expensive .

I think the 76.2mm GT37 compressors are a better speed match for the 60mm GT30 turbine than the 71.1mm GT35 series compressor wheels .

I really wish HKS had called the "GT2835" series GT3035 because thats what they are - GT30 turbine (cropped or no is irrelevant) + GT35 series compressor wheel .

I managed to get GCG in Sydney to order me a GT3076R (AKA GT3037) in 52 compressor trim because I want a little better response than the normal 56T GT3076R and the top end doesn't matter to me in a street R33GTS - adequate , not installed yet .

A little birdie tells me that a few others got on the bandwagon with this particulat turbo and they will probably get them running before I do .

The rarest of the GT3076R/GT3037 group is the 48 compressor trim version which HKS rate at 420 PS , they rate their GT2835 Pro S and GT2835R variants (both using the 71.1mm 56T compressor) at the same 420 PS .

My gut feeling is that the 76.2mm GT37 compressors are a better speed match for the GT30 turbine and I'd rather run a small trim GT3037 than a big trim GT3071R (AKA GT2835) .

Amongst other things eventually I'll try to get Michael to chase up availability of the 48T GT3037 because I have a feeling it would do the job on a lot of roadies .

Cheers A .

Edited by discopotato03

round and round in cicles i go lol, last night i was almost sure a 3071 will be the goods for me.. now this talk of gt37 comps with 60mm turbines not being a good combo makes me doubt the whole thing all over again... ARGH

disco, why do you do it :P

its very "real" and works very well

rated to 280rwkw+ from a 2.5L, max boost 1.5bar

no need to knock a garrett bb highflow. I got what I asked for

a damned FINE turbo for a 1700kg street wagon, awd auto.

hella responsive with an 18psi actuator

need dyno chart to 'prove' its pushing between 250kw-260kw atw

talk to bill keen at ATS for more info, I know I am a happy customer

for the money its right on song ($1300 garrett bb 700177 chra, $700 rear housing, $300 for compressor porting & lines)

-Spacer Plate

-Oil and Water line kit

-Stainless dump pipe

Tweakit sell the exact same GCG kit for LESS

They buy them from GCG and resell it. When I mentioned this with GCG they said that is right, we prefer to deal with resellers than the public. So they charge more :P

They only thing the kit does not come with is the inlet pipe. I have just fitted this kit and used a 4x3" reducer, 90deg alloy bend and a 45deg silicon bend onto the stock airflow meter and airbox location. Just need to get the BOV and engine breather pipe welded into the alloy bend.

so could someone who knows the most please explain the differences between:

the hypergear 3076 with the .82 housing bolt on

the 'real' Garrett article

the AVO turbo mentioned above

and the Horsepowerinabox 3076.

It's all quite hard to get your head around if you're not a turbo expert, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know which one is best for what application!

so could someone who knows the most please explain the differences between:

the hypergear 3076 with the .82 housing bolt on - this is a hiflow option using 3076 chra with modified RB25 housings to fit over it. it will perform like a 3076 'in theory' but not.

the 'real' Garrett article - thats the one sold by garrett with the housings made by garrett which are not specific to any type of car. these housings are specifically made to suit that type of turbo and work best with it.

the AVO turbo mentioned above - this is a rear housing option, it will bolt onto the 3076 but is not made specifically FOR IT. it is made for a rb25, and can accomodate a 3076 but obviously not being specifically made for a 3076 may pose some restrictions. this is not a turbo itself, only an exhaust housing.

and the Horsepowerinabox 3076. - refering to the "rb special" this is basically a garrett 3076 with something similar to the AVO rear housing. again above issues. inability to make power and hold boost well, yet some have used them and pulled it off while most have had those problems.

It's all quite hard to get your head around if you're not a turbo expert, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know which one is best for what application!

This is the exact reason why i haven't purchased my turbo yet....i was also looking at the 3076/6boost mani/gate package offered by horsepowerinabox.com and these posts just go around in circles all the time...so the only way we get the 3076 "real? - best? /shrug) is to purchase through garrett?

you can actually buy the real gt3076r from hpinabox

http://horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/prod641.htm

just dont get the RB specific one and when you purchase this, you need to specify .82 in the drop down box as "other" you would probably also want to inform them specifically what you want by way of email.

alternatively you could just call GCG and say you want a GT3076R with an internally gated 5 bolt garrett housing. they will know exactly what your asking for.

thanks scott, yeah soturi it's fkn complicated, a mate is looking to buy a 3076 and I will be at some point too, we've worked out that we want internal gate and .82 rear, I was interested in the Hypergear one to make 250rwkw, he was more after 280-300rwkw so he might end up going for the Garrett.

so if we merge your points together and i email horsepowerinabox and say i wanted one with an external gate, they will still know exactly what im talking about and not sell me the one that came in accidently with the box of omo?

lol if you tell them you want one thats not gated at all you are guaranteed not to have any screw up on which one you get hahaha

edit: looking at their site, they list the 3076 non gated version with a .70 cover, you would want the .60 surge slotted cover.

its probably best to order this thing from GCG so you can tell them face to face specifically what you want OR if you really want to use HPIAB then try ring them direct and explain the specs u want.