SAU Community

Rb30e Oil Pump And Oil Restrictors With Rb25det Head

SECURITY

Haha thanks for the advice. There's so much to read and so many threads. I wouldn't want to have no oil pressure at idle that's for sure. Or 150psi at idle, or catch can filling up. Just wanna drive it like its stolen/to the supermarket.

I'm just gonna make my own adjustable setup both on the pump and on the side of the block and fine tune it from there. It's gonna take all the guess work out. Also it would be a prick to hav to take it all out again for the sake of about 40 bux worth of fittings.

Haha thanks for the advice. There's so much to read and so many threads. I wouldn't want to have no oil pressure at idle that's for sure. Or 150psi at idle, or catch can filling up. Just wanna drive it like its stolen/to the supermarket.

I'm just gonna make my own adjustable setup both on the pump and on the side of the block and fine tune it from there. It's gonna take all the guess work out. Also it would be a prick to hav to take it all out again for the sake of about 40 bux worth of fittings.

How you going to have external adjustment on the head feeds?

Probably a needle valve of some sort. Drill 2 holes in the side of the block before it gets to the head, one out and then one back in. It seems pretty basic to me. Haven't put to much thort into it yet. I'm sure someone would have done it befor

• 3 weeks later...

I've chosen 1.5 middle blank the rear and 1.4 to external feed my non Neo head. Hope it's ok.

I know it's the wrong thread but I've already got my head recond. But haven't welded the water jacket. Gonna grub screw the oil feed. With my rb30 head gasket there's only 1.5 mm surface area on the side of the water jacket. Has any one had done it this way and had success? It's kinda tricky where I live to get it welded and skimmed. The freight would be the cost of a second hand head.

i chose 2 X 1.5mm tomei restrictors and the feed for VCT, could be wrong but mine is a street engine and i like the idea of plenty of oil cooling the top end plus the RB30 pump runs the top end of RB30 with 2.4 restrictors so its still a big difference.... oil cools shit down so unless you on a track then why go so restrictive..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if the factory rb30 oil restrictors have a one way valve or its a bullshit rumors

I have never heard that rumour but if the restrictor is around 1.5mm it would be a miracle of miniaturisation and what on earth would be the purpose?