Matt Russell And Campbell's Ménage Drift Sil80 Build Project

femno

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

SO its time for another update:

Wiring has begun in the car, its a real headf**k but were (read: I'm) pushing through. Its just basically putting together alot of simple relay circuits. Waiting to get one of those fuse holder blocks so I can add some fuses into the circuits.

post-17897-0-68362800-1296991551_thumb.jpg

We also have made the roof mounted IGN switch and Push Button Start - just for coolness!

post-17897-0-19303200-1296991667_thumb.jpg

Campbell also made up the nice mount for the battery / car cutoff switch. So when we throw this switch everything will turn off including the engine.

post-17897-0-62468100-1296991592_thumb.jpg

Fuel system is done, Campbell has been working hard getting that all done and was pretty much finished today, just need to wire up the relay for that. Just used rubber hose as the nice braided line and fittings is too many money for this project :)

post-17897-0-23714700-1296991713_thumb.jpg

Also waiting on me to get some new orings for the manifold - injector top feed converters. Then the fuel rail and injectors can go in. Were running Bosch 660cc injectors and a Sard FPR.

I worked on the V-Mount today, got the radiator lower brackets in,

post-17897-0-18097800-1296991774_thumb.jpgpost-17897-0-26737900-1296991806_thumb.jpg

mounted the intercooler, and chopped up the rad support a little! It was fun! HAHA Biggest grinder we could find was used - again for coolness...

post-17897-0-62107500-1296991902_thumb.jpgpost-17897-0-46383500-1296991854_thumb.jpg

post-17897-0-49579900-1296991947_thumb.jpg

I chopped up the top tank of the radiator because it wasnt gonna work with the setup. Well just make up a new tank piece and incorporate the outlet in way a that suits.

post-17897-0-83652600-1296992005_thumb.jpg

The oil cooler is mounted but will be flipped so as the fittings are inside the engine bay for neatness. Same deal with the filter mount. Just waiting on time to finish this one :)

post-17897-0-98303600-1296992047_thumb.jpg

Next we will try and sort out the cooler piping, finish off the oil cooler and relo, and continue on with the wiring :|

Peace!

Edit/P.s. Russell has done nothing for the last couple of months cos hes always too busy on holidays :@

Bit more work today.

Fitted the oil cooler, lines and relo filter mount. Got the clutch working and had a few drinks. And I was there!!!

We ended up flipping the cooler and now all the lines run in the engine bay. Mat has some more pics to upload.

post-10715-0-70729500-1297601060_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK since the thread has been bumped up, we will make an update.

Basically nothing has happened with the car, although the radiator and intercooler have been welded up and are now ready to be fitted, finishing off the vmount.

We need a rad hose, need to finish off welding up the cooler piping and it can pretty much be started! After a bit of checking of the wiring that is.

Pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...