SAU Community

Damo's R32 Gts-r, On Going Project Fun Car. History And Use Full Info

DJRIFT

• 2 weeks later...

Power cruise skids.

note the front lip had been broken in the middle.hence it looks pointy. to make the 33 lip work it had to have aprox 80mm out of the middle and 40mm out of the back of it on each side. i had originally plastic welded and braced the join but broke it loading onto trailer as the 33 lip in the middle is about 50mm lower than my VS one that used to clear.

post-10-132805243623209664.jpg

this is an average pic to give you an idea of what the 33 lip looks like when fitted properly.

Photo0162.jpg

got a small list of things to sort out before drift series starts.

Power fc being repaired.

fitting modded knuckles if time permits

i am keen to strip my loom out if i have time.

need to make ducts up for my roof scoop.

try and stop compressor surge from turbo

• 2 months later...

nearly 3 months down the track ive nearly got it ready to go for a club day / shake down this saturday.

have had the power fc repaired but that is all from the list above. i think i have 3 events in 6 weeks then there is a lul in motor sport here so a "mid year" pull apart will commence.

i have had the lower control arms extended ready for the knuckles but only got half way through the swap then decided to put it back ready for anther club day.

2 major things i have done are. remove and re-shim my diff as it had started open wheeling. will invest in a decent LSD one day.

and fit up a R33 steering rack and tie rods.

for the people that are interested the r33 tie rods are 20mm longer than the stock r32 rods. the rack itself is 5mm longer than the 32 rack. and the 33 rack has more lock/travel than a stock r32 rack. only 6mm extra can be pulled out of the 33 rack over the standard travel. i have uras spacers in my 32 rack 2x8mm and it has the same as the standard r33 rack.

the only mod i had to do was tweak the power steering lines and banjo fittings so they would bolt up. they use the same bushings and threads for tie rods ect.

hope to have a pic or to after the weekend.

Ok Club day done and dusted.

i managed a 60.4 according to Bens data logger but got timed at a 60.5 which was also logged on natsoft. Still that was enough to win the day.

My Uncle also drove the car as i like to share it around and he was next in line haha. he managed a 62.5 was a super effort for his second outing in the car. It was grate to watch someone get into the car so much. buy the last few sprints he was getting out of the car talking with ben and i about where he could improve and how the advice just given to him about gear selection, corner ect had helped the lap times drop.

Most of the time i will put down to the rebuilt diff after going through the logs it was putting power down every where and my speed was grater with less throttle on corner exits.

can now confirm that r33 rack works a treat. if anything its a little heavier than the r32 rack but its a long way no power steering. time will tell regarding lock and durability.

damage from the day resulted in this

Photo0218.jpg

before pic here

also added during the week some original style weather shields from JustJap. very happy with the look and quality of them. they were easy to fit aswell.

Photo0208.jpg

should have some incar up soon.

i remember seeing this car for the first time in 08 haha, have watched it grow over the years, then i bought a 32 for drifting , sweet build :)

how much did the weather sheilds set you back?

i remember seeing this car for the first time in 08 haha, have watched it grow over the years, then i bought a 32 for drifting , sweet build :)

how much did the weather sheilds set you back?

Im pleased someone was watching, most people only watch s chassis or lloyd smith. Haha.

If you want any advice im happy to help

Justjap do carbon or plastic. The plastic is tinted. Still see through thoe. Not to sure on price best to check the website

mid 60's is fair going, looking forward to getting to run my own car there sometime.

you entering the supersprint champs on the 25th of November?

Yes i won 2nd over all at the first one 3years ago. Its basicly a tassie time attack event in my eyes as a lot of fast cars come out of the wood work. Hoping to keep up with rodgers mate in the r32gtr this year.

Im hoping to have a run at basky soon but time will tell.

ahh cool. yeah i saw it in the events calender and thought it may be along those lines. will def and try to make it up, maybe even have a run against you!

good to hear the car is going well, minus the nose getting smashed. how did that happen anyway?

Im pleased someone was watching, most people only watch s chassis or lloyd smith. Haha.

If you want any advice im happy to help

Justjap do carbon or plastic. The plastic is tinted. Still see through thoe. Not to sure on price best to check the website

Haha yeah seems abit that way at times, but i love the sound of a sweet rb , so ihad to have 1 , are you entering the rounds this year ?

cheers mate

yeah i had seen the carbon ones but was after tinted ones, will suss it out thanks :),

ahh cool. yeah i saw it in the events calender and thought it may be along those lines. will def and try to make it up, maybe even have a run against you!

good to hear the car is going well, minus the nose getting smashed. how did that happen anyway?

yes the more the merrier. with any luck you will be at the same basky one. unless pete puts on another skyline day.

well i guess it just wasnt secured properly. being a drifter a few cable ties and a couple of screws didnt cut it but it happened at low speed 120ish. had done quite a few before hand.

Haha yeah seems abit that way at times, but i love the sound of a sweet rb , so ihad to have 1 , are you entering the rounds this year ?

cheers mate

yeah i had seen the carbon ones but was after tinted ones, will suss it out thanks :),

i couldnt find the tinted ones on the site but i rang them and asked for them as i knew they did them.

hope to do the full series. will do the first one and see how i feel i think. i have to try and work out a realistic budget as the entry has gone up. my fuel cost has doubled (e85) having more power costs more for maintenance and im not good enough to pick up a tyre sponsor. will wait and see.

i couldnt find the tinted ones on the site but i rang them and asked for them as i knew they did them.

hope to do the full series. will do the first one and see how i feel i think. i have to try and work out a realistic budget as the entry has gone up. my fuel cost has doubled (e85) having more power costs more for maintenance and im not good enough to pick up a tyre sponsor. will wait and see.

Yeah sweet , im entering round 1 aswel , will come up and say hello, yeah the $ is always an issue haha

yep just checked the events again, the next sprint at basky is the combined clubs event on the 28th of october, bit of a way off but no excuses for me, should have my cob web infested dust collector lapping by then =D

yep just checked the events again, the next sprint at basky is the combined clubs event on the 28th of october, bit of a way off but no excuses for me, should have my cob web infested dust collector lapping by then =D

August 5th drifting tas are having another test and tune day which i belive is cheaper than a normal day. it goes somthing like half hour of drift half of circuit. ect ect. would be a good cheap day and i can have a go at both.

what do you need to enter these sprint days,? same sorta requirments for drift?

a level 2s licence and all the same safety gear.

looks like my long time sponsor in Kerry (owner and lover of motor sport) of the Jail House grill and Leeve Food Co is back on board for 2012. thats a grate start for the year.

• 2 weeks later...

more motorsport.

Round one of the tas drift series done and dusted. not the best finish but am happy i never got bogged.

few small improvments to be made before next round 4 weeks away.

here is one clip for outside. incar to come.

Some people may have seen this already. very good quality.

cant get it to embed so check out the link.

Edited by DJRIFT