SAU Community

Restoring A 32gtr Back To Original Factory Spec

Due to me forgetting my password and changing my email address I have had to re register under grean machine and rather than start this thread again i will update it using my current name. Hope that’s in order.

So an update with apologies for the poor quality pics but they were taken on my phone

The new suspension is on

IMG_0727.jpg

The exhaust is fitted and sounds remarkably sporty

A few more parts have been sourced ..........

A mint dashboard with good vents out no bubbles

073.jpg

dash removed (not as hard as I expected)

086.jpg

and new one in

IMG_1237-1.jpg

Original wheels and brakes are now on. Only issue was the rear calipers had been p[ainted silver . Luckily this had been done badly so all the paint came off easily with nitromors and just left the original satin black finish.

Also a had a major find and probably my favourite one.........an original japanese 32 GTR sales brochure in mint condition

IMG_1246-1.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

I have also found a set of original mats in as near to perfect condition as I could hope for.

Nearly all the silly little bits have been sorted - pedal rubbers and a few internal clips and trims

I did find an original radio but it has the plastic covers missing so am on the hunt for a better one

Also need to find the right fasteners for the wind deflectors - they are on and fit but are not fixed well enough to drive the car yet. I may be better off going to Nissan that is if they still do them ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to me forgetting my password and changing my email address I have had to re register under grean machine and rather than start this thread again i will update it using my current name. Hope that’s in order.

So an update with apologies for the poor quality pics but they were taken on my phone

The new suspension is on

IMG_0727.jpg

The exhaust is fitted and sounds remarkably sporty

A few more parts have been sourced ..........

A mint dashboard with good vents out no bubbles

073.jpg

dash removed (not as hard as I expected)

086.jpg

and new one in

IMG_1237-1.jpg

Original wheels and brakes are now on. Only issue was the rear calipers had been p[ainted silver . Luckily this had been done badly so all the paint came off easily with nitromors and just left the original satin black finish.

Also a had a major find and probably my favourite one.........an original japanese 32 GTR sales brochure in mint condition

IMG_1246-1.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

I have also found a set of original mats in as near to perfect condition as I could hope for.

Nearly all the silly little bits have been sorted - pedal rubbers and a few internal clips and trims

I did find an original radio but it has the plastic covers missing so am on the hunt for a better one

Also need to find the right fasteners for the wind deflectors - they are on and fit but are not fixed well enough to drive the car yet. I may be better off going to Nissan that is if they still do them ?

pretty sure you can buy the head unit fascia from nissan quite cheap mate.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well after a very lomg time the car is finished :yes:

A few pictures

gtr1.jpg

gtr4.jpg

gtr3.jpg

gtr2.jpg

the refurbed splitter - all my own work was previously really badly scatched

gtr7.jpg

gtr10.jpg

gtr6.jpg

gtr5.jpg

The colour is weird unlike mosts pearlescents it doesnt flip along one side - the whole car seems to look different colours in different lights ...Today was a blue day

Did you even read the thread?

Sure did. Just saying I though the colour wasn't factory. But I just researched it and there is a factory option in this colour. Just a little weird seeing the engine bay is in a completely different colour haha.

Edited by G0Z1LLAAAAA34

Did you even read the thread?

Thanks - saved me saying it.

So to confirm the idea was to restore it to factory spec - thats why the strut brace is red

No 32GTRs were painted with the same paint finish under the bonnet a lot had a different colour under the bonnett and the ones that were the "same" were a matt finish so looked out of place just as much.

All mentioned in the thread ...............

Thanks - saved me saying it. So to confirm the idea was to restore it to factory spec - thats why the strut brace is red No 32GTRs were painted with the same paint finish under the bonnet a lot had a different colour under the bonnett and the ones that were the "same" were a matt finish so looked out of place just as much. All mentioned in the thread ...............

Oh really? I really didn't know that after having 3 R32 GTRs myself.. It is fair if the engine bay colour is close to the panel colour however OP's r32 has a completely different colour in the engine bay. Almost looks like it was a silver car to start with but resprayed the exterior to that blue if you get me... Here is a photo of my red metallic r32 gtr engine bay...

266350_10151075166106121_1318281766_o.jpg

Edited by G0Z1LLAAAAA34

Great thread.

I took a similar approach with my current R34 GTR.

Instead of making her faster I have also been focused more so on making her as close to perfect and original as possible.

Love your work.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

do you thread crap and post pics of your car in peoples project threads for any particular reason ?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, But I don't understand why you get offended by anything that is a little negative. I was there to just express my opinion based on my knowledge in GTRs since this is called a forum? However no 1 is always right so that includes me too so hey prove me wrong if that's the case and I will appreciate it.

In regards to the photo of my car, I just thought I'd post something relative to back up my opinion on engine bay colours. And thanks to the guy for picking on that piece of wood on the battery as I never said my car was "factory spec"... We all love cars and I think it is good to hear both positive and negative comments.

Edited by G0Z1LLAAAAA34

• 2 weeks later...