SAU Community

So This Is My Stagea

3PointJ

Hey folks,

So Saturday we ended up purchasing a Stagea...

We checked out the Axis from All Imports, all seemed fine, but we decided against it. The whole situation seemed far to sketchy...

So we cut our loses, saved some money, and got a 250t RS Four from (next door) Japlink Motors. The fact the complied their cars there, mechanics were there, etc. I felt a bit more confident buying from there.

The interior needs a little love, but its nothing major. A good detail in and out and it would look at lot better.

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

A got a few questions about replacing things, and questions in general, but I'm not sure exactly right now...

I'll post some better pictures later on, but for now this will have to do.

Edited by 3PointJ

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

As for the rims, I dunno hey. I will have a close look later and see if there is anything.

I'm happy with it.

I would like to tidy the interior up a little bit, and I found that tutorial to change the LED's in the dash and console, I'd like to do that eventually (despite knowing f**k all about auto-electronics)

Coming from a fan of VIP, I'd love to see this close to the ground as possible with some nice rims, wild offset, but for practicality reasons, I'm not sure I will venture that path...

Also, is it known with these for the headlights to go yuck. As in they aren't clear and have a haziness appearance to them. It's not bad, but it just pisses me off. I know a few models of cars a notorious for it, might replace one day

Edited by 3PointJ

Bloody expensive to replace, just polish them with some plastic cleaner/polish, I use the two Meguiars ones and it works great. If the inside is milky you will need to bake the lights to remove the cover and polish the inside.

Apart from the exhaust, any other mods?

Nah, not that I am aware of anyways lol...

Yeah, I'm not to sure if its inside or not. I haven't really checked it out, just sorta noticed it and kept going lol

Edited by 3PointJ

Looks nice Chris!

I do like that colour coding on the sides and rear bumper and that factory rear spoiler adds a nice finish to the rear.

Welcome.

I agree. Looks awesome. I was holding off putting on my front aero bar until I'd got those other bits but seeing your standard one's done up I'm sold. Booking mine in next week >_<

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

As for the rims, I dunno hey. I will have a close look later and see if there is anything.

I'm happy with it.

I would like to tidy the interior up a little bit, and I found that tutorial to change the LED's in the dash and console, I'd like to do that eventually (despite knowing f**k all about auto-electronics)

Coming from a fan of VIP, I'd love to see this close to the ground as possible with some nice rims, wild offset, but for practicality reasons, I'm not sure I will venture that path...

Also, is it known with these for the headlights to go yuck. As in they aren't clear and have a haziness appearance to them. It's not bad, but it just pisses me off. I know a few models of cars a notorious for it, might replace one day

That rear spoiler doesn't do your Stag justice. . . let me take that ugly thing off your hands. . lol

Seriously though does anyone know where you can order those rear spoilers. .

Nice buy, Chris! Welcome to the Stagea ownership world!

Japlink have been around for ages, so you shouldn't have too many troubles with them, AFAIK.

Thanks, Glad to be apart of it haha

Well they have been pretty helpful so far, and I have read mostly positive reviews about them..

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your new purchase :laugh:

So far I am. Its funny seeing the other C34 Stagea owners snap their necks whilst driving to see this. As far as I know I'm the only M35 owner in town atm.

NICE!!!

Get some springs into it and your there.

I dunno whether to get springs, or hold off, and get airbags down the track. My driveway into the garage is not low car friendly. My LS400 struggled to get in, I've ground a fair bit of the concrete with her lol.

I agree. Looks awesome. I was holding off putting on my front aero bar until I'd got those other bits but seeing your standard one's done up I'm sold. Booking mine in next week :laugh:

Good shite. What aero bar?

That rear spoiler doesn't do your Stag justice. . . let me take that ugly thing off your hands. . lol

Yeah, I've made a cardboard replica, and used some Faber-Castel connector pens to colour it in. Should look close to the original :down:

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm really loving it. Once I can start fixing some shabby bits, and make it a nice car should be good...

I've got a question, the pop-up screen that comes in the a few of the models standard, can you buy those?

Mine has this after-market Sony one, looks shit, and the piece of crap doesn't work (even if I get it to work, looks like shit)

Funny story already, showing my Fiances brother the car (which he thinks is awesome, he thought I was getting a C34 and has never seen an M35 before lol) a guy driving down the street in a Liberty real slow, almost comes to stop, looks at the car, looks at us, goes "WWWOOOWW" then drives off. Pretty random and funny.

Edited by 3PointJ

Since it is a factory spoiler from the Aero kit, I would say Nissan can help you out (just get the part number for them :laugh:)

Or you could talk to Aaron at Import Monster or Jesse Streeter... Either could send one over for you :laugh:

Edited by iamhe77

I've got a question, the pop-up screen that comes in the a few of the models standard, can you buy those?

Mine has this after-market Sony one, looks shit, and the piece of crap doesn't work (even if I get it to work, looks like shit)

Yep, again jump on the Import Monster website to browse Yahoo Auctions.

You will need to make sure you get the screen, bracket assembly, DVD ROM and possibly the centre console (there are usually one or two complete sets available)

Yep, again jump on the Import Monster website to browse Yahoo Auctions.

You will need to make sure you get the screen, bracket assembly, DVD ROM and possibly the centre console (there are usually one or two complete sets available)

I've never used Import Monster before, but what would be the best terms to search for these? I don't even know what its called.

EDIT : I just typed in M35, finding everything from Toasters to Machine Guns...

I did find these, the look way cool, but expensive!

garage_evergreen-img600x520-12630463438wwdg596136.jpg

EDIT # 467

Just found this page...

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?url=h...5%20TV%20CD%20B

Edited by 3PointJ

Try this then (just copy and paste)

ステージア m35

It will filter out all the mircoscopes & machine guns.

Another way would be to use the menu on the left of the screen to sort through categories.... you can miss stuff this way though

Be wary with headlights with Angel eyes.... the majority of the time they require you to send your headlights over for modifying... and shipping costs on headlights is really nasty.

Edited by iamhe77

You will also need the "Navi DVD ROM" which is the brains for the unit... I am of course assuming you want the info that gets displayed on the popup screen (fuel economy, servicing etc)

EDIT: Dunno if that will be compatible with a normal head unit either... I don't believe that the integrated unit was available for the RS (you would probably have the single DIN head unit and the 3 gauge cluster (torque split, battery charge, boost)

Edited by iamhe77