SAU Community

Aeromotions Dynamic Wing

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

btw duncan you should get one of those harness bars from the other thread....looks like your belts are at more than 45o angle :mad: not good considering how quick you are going....

I actually have had one of those harness plates for a cpouple of months, but they had a few manufacturing issues and i couldnt fit it. A new one is on the way so should be good.

was granted permission to run it active? or fixed?

I have permission to run the active wing, so active, yes.

If anyone is pissed off with it perhaps ask John Bugh first. It's the last thing i need, but i would rather get it clarified than have people thinking i didnt ask / get permission / or trying to fiddle the rules; do what you feel you need to do.

FWIW I am running an SV car with slicks, so classified as 4D for points.

FWIW2 i also asked the superlap people and apparently it is ok, but given it's mounted on a carbon bootlid i believe that makes it "illegal" for clubsprint class. I believe there are cars which have OEM active aero, if that matters at all.

interesting. A few guys up here are looking at getting the wing also.

does it look intuitive to 'tune' yourself?

To be frank i have NFI how to tune it yet, and not sure i will bother. The aeromotions guys have developed a tune specific to the r35; i would be pissing in the wind trying to better it i would imagine.

The aeromotions guys have developed a tune specific to the r35.

good to know they have sorted the complete package. If I got it I wouldn't want to be dicking around with it either.

I asked to run the active wing at sprints and was granted permission, which is why i went ahead and purchased it. But yes it can be locked in a position if required.

cams events are like strata meeting in a 50 appartment complex, and you want to put floor boards in

just cause someone said you can run it

the first kunt in a supra( or most likely neil) who is 38 seconds slower than you who protests = someone actually reads the rules and you get shot down.

either way i want one just not the price tag

interesting. A few guys up here are looking at getting the wing also.

does it look intuitive to 'tune' yourself?

large1288.jpg

Hi Mark,

Shown above is the in-car remote that you can use to adjust the wing settings if you want to run your own tune. The remote can be mounted within reach of the driver.

The Aeromotions R2 Dynamic Wings come with a plug and play tune specifically developed for your car.

The remote is simple and easy to use, and full info on how to adjust the wing angles with the remote is in the user manual. The wing angle can be changed in just a few seconds.

- Adam

Edited by TheTunersGroup

cams events are like strata meeting in a 50 appartment complex, and you want to put floor boards in

just cause someone said you can run it

the first kunt in a supra( or most likely neil) who is 38 seconds slower than you who protests = someone actually reads the rules and you get shot down.

either way i want one just not the price tag

I understand what you're saying but there are a few important points:

1. The wing in question was approved by the NSW Supersprint panel months ago. I anticipated that it *may* be a "banned" item (as active aero is in various forms of motorsport) which is why i went to the effort of asking before spending a large chunk of cash, time and effort setting it up. The eligibility officer confirmed it was ok yesterday, however apparently someone is going to submit a protest regardless...

2. Whilst the cams regs are clear for schedule F, we have to remember that supersprints have classes for road registered cars (which my car is). There is a large chunk of the cams general requirements which simply do not apply to road registered cars (cages, harnesses, window nets, there are heaps more). Therefore the point here is that road do not comply with ALL cams regs.

Also, it's no good trying to imply that the wing is a non-standard item and cannot be used. Go and look at any/all SV cars - i would hazard a guess that 100% of them are running non standard items. Anyone making that argument is going to piss off a lot of people (ie. all SV entrants at least).

Back to the point, the wing went very well on Sunday helping me run a 1:41.08 lap, which isnt bad considering i drove the thing home with the aircon on, in comfort. I can only imaging what a pro driver would achieve. An interesting aside is that Marek ran a 1:42.2 (with FACTORY wing) at EC yesterday. However i was running new slicks whereas Marek was running 2nd hand ones. I think Marek running the same hardware would likely run faster than me (ie. the addition of the wing AND new slicks would see a greater than 1.2 second improvement). But there's no substitute for cubic dollars, ha ha (sorry Marek). :)

Edited by LSX-438

I understand what you're saying but there are a few important points:

2. Whilst the cams regs are clear for schedule F, we have to remember that supersprints have classes for road registered cars (which my car is). There is a large chunk of the cams general requirements which simply do not apply to road registered cars (cages, harnesses, window nets, there are heaps more). Therefore the point here is that road do not comply with ALL cams regs.

Is a condition of competing in your class "current road registration" ?

If so, couldn't a disgruntled competitor just report that you've made a non-owner-approvable modification?

Cheers,

Saliya

pretty sure that point won't be an issue - they say the car has to be registered, not registerable :) Certainly slicks are not allowed on the road but are fine to swap onto at the track.

Given that Duncan got written permission beforehand the most likely way it will go if a protest is upheld is that it can't be used at future rounds which is much better than losing all the points from this rounds.

On the wing itself, I got to have a good watch and the range it moves through is pretty impressive and I guess turn 1 at Eastern Creek is a good example of where it would help - long fast straight where it sits very flat into braking into a high speed corner. Not sure how much it would help at many other turns there except 8, a lot of them are under 100klm which is where I understood wings start to really come on.

And like Martin, I would have thought that some extra downforce at the front would have been a big help for these cars - does it feel unstable at the rear at speed (not under power of course) or does it tend to wash/understeer off the track?

Duncan,

the car felt better/more planted everywhere to be frank. But than again i have never run the car at EC with slicks before. It would be good to do a bolt-on bolt-off comparo at the track, and log it all.

Massive thanks to Michelin for getting the tyres to me at short notice, and munroman too :) Also Aeromotions too for making such a cool product.

I managed to officially break a new class lap record yesterday; how good is this car?

One Type Record was broken yesterday along with 4 Class records.

Andre Tan broke his own by records by 2.59 seconds for Type 5 and Class 5E

in his Radical with the fantastic time of 1.30.440. To properly gauge how

fast this time is, it is about a quarter of a second faster than the Eastern

Creek Record (shown on their website) for Group 2A Sports Cars which is

currently held by a Radical.

Steven Lacey broke his own record by about a half a second for Class 3D in

his Torana with a time of 1.48.402.

Duncan Forrest broke the record for Class 4D which was set back in 2005 by

my mate John Meyer by 1.323 seconds with a time of 1.41.087 in his Nissan

GTR. It should be mentioned that Marek Tomaszewski also broke the old Class

4D record by 0.129 seconds but unfortunately for him he won't go into the

record books for his run. Commiserations Marek.

Jason Wright broke the SDV record set last year by Stuart Inwood by 1.426

seconds with a time of 1.42.764 in his WRX. It seems that Jason has wiped

the experience of the warm up lap (from last year) from memory. I should mention

that Stuart also broke his old record yesterday by over a second and was just .284

seconds behind Jason. I don't think that Stuart will take losing

his record lying down nor will Jason be eager to give the record up, so we

should expect fireworks at the next Round to be held at Eastern Creek.

Congratulation to Andre, Steven, Duncan and Jason.

Regards

Bob Welsh

Administration, Pointscores & Records Officer

NSW State Supersprint Panel

And here is a video from the day, i think there is a 1:41 in there

And a little pic

070310JPM_679.jpg

And like Martin, I would have thought that some extra downforce at the front would have been a big help for these cars - does it feel unstable at the rear at speed (not under power of course) or does it tend to wash/understeer off the track?

Heres our front splitter in action -

img_1499.jpg

Thats bounced off the kerb through the Mallala esses on 1200lb/in springs :(