SAU Community

Non-turbo R32's, Any Good As A First Car?

see for me it's the other way round. the 432 doesn't do much for me. the exterior is so so (looks much better with a gtr front bar and grill on it), but the interior doesn't do anything for me. especially the dash surround. just reminds me too much of a vn commodore.

I guess it does kind of look like a VN Commodore on the inside. Especially the doors. But I do agree on your point of the GT-R front and grill. Everyone has different tastes anyway.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rallye ^_^

I'm sure everyone would agree that a GTR front end (minus guards) would look better, but work out the average prices of those items (bonnet, grille, front bar, front bar reo) and then factor in the likelyhood of finding all of those items in good condition, along with paint and you find yourself quite financially unstable :D

I have been trying to source some of those items over the past few months, wont be getting everything at once but I definitely want these items one day too :)

Edited by -Jimmy-

have you weighed up the cost of getting something that requires a respray and maybe a touch of bog and getting it fixed with trying to find one that is in perfect condition? it doesn't cost that much to get a bonnet and front bar painted

If I was to buy them they wouldn't be colour matched haha. I'd leave them in whatever colour I get them in. But was just hypothetically speaking, as most people want a matching coloured car.

Anyways, that's not really what this topic is about lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Seems like Nissan did release non-turbo R32's but only with RB20DE not RB25DE. Since this is a 1989 model maybe late model R32's (mid 1994) were fitted with RB25DE's? Can anyone confirm this?

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/modul...hp?StockID=2494

Theres currently a few non-turbo coupe R32s for sale in Australia. They have RB25DE.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...r32&trecs=2

Edited by Rallye

marc you really are a f**king dickhead, stop these ridiculous comparisons between a VN and R32 interior, I've owned both and nothing could be further from the truth, so STFU AND GTFO. For someone who dosen't even own a Skyline you spend a lot of time on forums dedicated to them.

marc you really are a f**king dickhead, stop these ridiculous comparisons between a VN and R32 interior, I've owned both and nothing could be further from the truth, so STFU AND GTFO. For someone who dosen't even own a Skyline you spend a lot of time on forums dedicated to them.

wow, sounds like someone had a truck full of sand tipped into their vagina.

Bump

Seems like Nissan did release non-turbo R32's but only with RB20DE not RB25DE. Since this is a 1989 model maybe late model R32's (mid 1994) were fitted with RB25DE's? Can anyone confirm this?

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/modul...hp?StockID=2494

Theres currently a few non-turbo coupe R32s for sale in Australia. They have RB25DE.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...r32&trecs=2

Yeah the non turbo R32's Nissan released came with CA18i, RB20E, RB20DE, RB25DE. The variant with RB25DE engine is called the GTS25.

I have an RB25DE in mine however it's the GTE model (came with RB20E originally) but the genuine ones are out there.

Yeah the non turbo R32's Nissan released came with CA18i, RB20E, RB20DE, RB25DE. The variant with RB25DE engine is called the GTS25.

I have an RB25DE in mine however it's the GTE model (came with RB20E originally) but the genuine ones are out there.

But why are they so rare? (Coupe wise) Ive been on many websites and 90% of them have been GTS-T's but with Non-turbo engines dropped in them. Ive also checked heaps of Japanese car sales website and its the same story. :blink:

Edited by Rallye

very nice jimmy, really good looking car you got there.

don't forget there are other alternatives if you're just looking at na. mx6 is nice to drive (but a mazda) and impreza's and liberty's are worth a look. saw a 2.5L liberty storm over a speed hump and tare up a hill yesterday much faster than my gtt could just cos it had the awd grip, it was depressing haha

very nice jimmy, really good looking car you got there.

don't forget there are other alternatives if you're just looking at na. mx6 is nice to drive (but a mazda) and impreza's and liberty's are worth a look. saw a 2.5L liberty storm over a speed hump in the rain and tare up a hill yesterday much faster than my gtt could just cos it had the awd grip, it was depressing haha

important point

I disagree, my Honda Odyssey was the shit.

You could fit 8 adults comfortably, fold the seats down and fit an entire mattress in the back, had a ridiculous amount of cup holders and did awesome handbrake skids in the free carpark at Uni.

Those were the days, lol.