SAU Community

Sealed Batteries

wrxhoon

Due to some people asking, I will have another group buy of these batteries.

I have found some sealed batteries at a very good price, they are simillar to odyssey but don't have the steel case . I put one in my old 33GTR in 2004 , I sold the car some years ago to a guy that I know and the Battery is still going , car has alarm and a tracker in it . I have the same in my 34 GTR and a few others in this forum have them.

I compared the specs of the battery to those of the odyssey 1200 and they appear to be almost identical in every way. Even the dimensions are the same.The only difference is the steel jacket on the odyssey.

They are 20x17x17 cm , it fits it the r33 but you need another bracket , same with the 34 GTR too.

This group buy will be open from now until the 15th of April. The price is $200+ delivery , about $22 registered to Melbourne and Brissy.

Anyone interested let me know via p.m. you don't have to pay up front , you pay when I get them .

post-5240-1268397615_thumb.jpg

post-5240-1268397645_thumb.jpg

bugger just bought one of these (the expensive version) because I hadn't seen you post a GB for a while.

For anyone looking into these, I bought one about 3 years ago for a car and its still going strong.

Can you get any smaller sizes, I want to get one of these into the race car

bugger just bought one of these (the expensive version) because I hadn't seen you post a GB for a while.

For anyone looking into these, I bought one about 3 years ago for a car and its still going strong.

Can you get any smaller sizes, I want to get one of these into the race car

Hi Duncan, how are you doing?

Yes I can get the smaller ones mate , let me kmow what size you want , the next size down is a 26 amh. They make them the same size as odyssey.

• 3 weeks later...
Whats the cca?

Brand?

Any specs?

Here you go ..

40 Amp Hour 12 Volt, 1200 ca

Size: 197 (L) x 165 (W) x 170 (H) mm

Charge current: 4A for 10 to 14 hours

Discharge Current: 2A for 20 hours

Capacity:

20hr rate: (2A) 40.0AH

10hr rate: (3.8A) 38.0AH

5 hr rate: (6.8A) 34.0AH

1 hr rate: (24A) 24.0AH

Int resistance - fully charged: 10mohms

Constant Voltage Charge

Initial Charging current: < 12A

Cycle:

Voltage: 14.40V ~ 15.00V @ 20°C

Temp coefficient: -30mV/ °C

Standby:

Voltage: 13.50 ~ 13.80V @ 20°C

Temp Coefficient: -20mV/ °C

Weight: 14.0kg

post-5240-1270206088_thumb.jpg

I LOLed when a customer brought one back saying "the battery shop told me its no good for my car" and they proceeded to sell him an optima for twice the price

they must be shit since 5 of my other customers use these batteries perfectly and have done so for years a couple years now.

stupid battery shops LMAO

I LOLed when a customer brought one back saying "the battery shop told me its no good for my car" and they proceeded to sell him an optima for twice the price

they must be shit since 5 of my other customers use these batteries perfectly and have done so for years a couple years now.

stupid battery shops LMAO

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions please:

1. Mods needed to make it fit into your R34 GTR. Is it just the battery cover? Did you have to extend the battery cables eg., +ve from fuse-box, or change the battery tray, etc? Also, did you have to remove the entire back wall of the boot to install it, or just the strut brace?

2. How many years warranty does it come with, and if something goes wrong, how does warranty work assuming there are no Victorian resellers?

Thanks.

Couple of questions please:

1. Mods needed to make it fit into your R34 GTR. Is it just the battery cover? Did you have to extend the battery cables eg., +ve from fuse-box, or change the battery tray, etc? Also, did you have to remove the entire back wall of the boot to install it, or just the strut brace?

2. How many years warranty does it come with, and if something goes wrong, how does warranty work assuming there are no Victorian resellers?

Thanks.

No mods needed to fit on my R34 GTR but I have a M-Spec and they come with the bigger battery . On none M-specs you need a wider top bracket ( 7" instead of your standard 5"), there is another hole there to fit the wider bracket, cables should reach, your battery tray will be 5" so if you want to replace it you need a 7" but its a sealed battery, most people don't use the tray.

To replace the battery in the 34 R you need to remove the steel backing and undo one side of the strut brace.

They have a one year replacement warranty but you have to send it back to me, never had any back so far .

Owgasm,

They are different, as far as I know they ( supercharge gold) are calcium positive plates and a mixture of calcium and lkead negative plates, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not aware of the specs on the 36 series mate . I don't know what kind of 34 you have but if they fit on standard 34 R's they must be smaller than these ( 5" same as the stock battery) . Some normal 34 R's have the bigger battery as an option ( winter option) All UK spec cars have it as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...