SAU Community

V8 Supercar "car Of The Future"

sav man

Just to add to what is still interesting to watch, I can no longer get excited about F1. As a kid growing up I used to always look forward to watching Senna race back when they weren't over aero'd cars with a steering wheel full of driving aids.

I still find the v8 supercars good to watch on the street circuits and think that the racing in it is as good as it's ever been.

Nascar is good fun to watch on the road circuits as it's actually hilarious watching some of the lines the guys take through the corners. It's just a shame the commentators are so unbearable.

BTCC is usually pretty good to watch as the drivers are a lot more agressive than some of the other series making it entertaining to watch imo. Also the races aren't too long so everyone is trying to move up as quickly as they can usually.

I'm definitely in agreeance that they shouldn't allow more aero aids as while it may significantly reduce lap times its most likely going to reduce the quality of racing and make it less entertaining to watch.

Edited by «Cyph3r»

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZOMG!!! DTM cars give me such a hard on!!!

But yeah, I think also too tightly regulating a series don't do much to help with excitement either... As in take F1 for example, whilst the 90's and early 2000's weren't the must exciting years, retrospectively we can't go back to the 60's and 70's, it just wont happen. However, take the year 2000 in F1, the cars had good power, and the aero was very good but for me, it didn't actually kill the racing. It was once the FIA tried to big-nose themselves into the regulations in an effort to rein in Ferrari that they started screwing with it! I mean in 4 or 5 seasons I think, they mandated the minimum height for the front wing be raised on two or three occasions, quali changed a couple of time also.. Too much tinkering, and tinkering for the sake of it, is a big nono.

The changes they made from 1994 to 1995 proved how you could DO IT RIGHT! Same goes from when they banned turbos for 1989 (iirc), the few years were just as awesome!

For the record, I am against control tyres, and if there must be a control tyre maker, then I'm most definitely against a control compound!! Offer some variation FFS!

DTM are easily distinguishable from one another still, NASCARs all look the same to me...... as far as I can tell they might even be all the same shell with just different head and tail lights

i highly doubt that the V8 supercars will go to being indistinguishable like NASCAR is though. i'm sure that the fans wouldn't like it and more than likely the car manufacturers wouldn't like it either.

i highly doubt that the V8 supercars will go to being indistinguishable like NASCAR is though. i'm sure that the fans wouldn't like it and more than likely the car manufacturers wouldn't like it either.

lol stuffed if I can tell them apart now!

seems to me like cockrane is desperately trying anything to save his crappy concept. hope the whole series continues to decline, and the money going into australian motorsport stops getting clogged up in one crappy street racing series with only 32 cars.

it used to ba a bit of a trend that holden would be prodomantly red in the colour scheme and blue for ford. i think at on stage the even ran blue ford and red holden window banners then all of a suddernt he colours got mixed up and all i used to tell them apart by was the rear wings. now with the VE shape its a bit easier.

to comment on recent posts.

- i would have to agree that the BTCC is the best to watch on TV out of them all as it has a mix of cars. a mix of drive FR and FF and the drivers actualy overtake.

- control tyres are good in the budget classes but i belive that the better way to aproch control tyres is to have a control size and compound and then 2 or 3 different brands suplying them. if say dunlop and yogies were controll for a series and they sold tyres of the same size and compound at the same price it would give compeditiors a choice and it would make tyre companys work to keep there brand on the front row. its not that long ago that V8s were running 2 brands and it makes one brand try to out develop another. that inturn puts more drive into the sport as a tyre company will want to pay a leading team to go and do testing on the new developments ect.

control tyres are somthing id like to see in some levels of drifting as at the moment its more of the person with the deep pockets can achive more.

lol stuffed if I can tell them apart now!

seems to me like cockrane is desperately trying anything to save his crappy concept. hope the whole series continues to decline, and the money going into australian motorsport stops getting clogged up in one crappy street racing series with only 32 cars.

DTM only has 18 cars. and besides, the money also trickles into the mini series, v8 utes, and the konica series.

I would put money on the fact that if you removed the badges and stickers from the current cars, most V8 supercab supporters couldnt tell the difference.

if you can't tell the difference between a falcon and a commodore you need to get your eyes checked. it would be like not being able to tell the difference between a r34 and v35 skyline. headlights are totally different, falcons have the bulge on the bonnet, taillights are different, shape of the body is different, wings are different, etc. basically if you can tell the difference in the street cars you can tell the difference in the race cars.

DTM only has 18 cars. and besides, the money also trickles into the mini series, v8 utes, and the konica series.

if you can't tell the difference between a falcon and a commodore you need to get your eyes checked. it would be like not being able to tell the difference between a r34 and v35 skyline. headlights are totally different, falcons have the bulge on the bonnet, taillights are different, shape of the body is different, wings are different, etc. basically if you can tell the difference in the street cars you can tell the difference in the race cars.

You just explained what a typical V8 supercab fan is like.