SAU Community

Closest Car Wash To The Cbd

atomaly

Hey guys,

i live in Southbank and i dont know ANY carwashes that are close to here.

the only ones i know of are too far away for me to bother cleaning my car often :thumbsup:

i prefer cleaning it by hand with a bucket aswell then rinse with the pressure hose, cos i hate those scratch-giving brushes.

so does anyone know any close by ones?? :ermm:

TC.

Do you mean car washes where you do it yourself, or ones where you sit in a cafe and watch others work?

If you want to do it yourself, there's one on City Road, on the right side as you head towards Port Melbourne, not sure what it's called. It has the usual booths with pressure washers etc, and also one of the drive in automatic washes. I think it's around Ingles st intersection, but not sure.

If you want to sip coffee while others clean, Carrerra car Wash on Montague street is where I go (http://www.carreracarwash.com.au/), It's on the left as you head away from City Road down Montague St.

There's also Blue Planet on City Road, Just before you get to the Kingsway overpass heading away from Clarendon street. I used them a few times, but found Carrera to be better. (http://www.handcarwash.com.au/)

There's also a carwash at the BP servo (corner Clarendon St and City Rd), which I've never used, even though I live next door to it. It was upgraded within the past couple of years, had completely new working installed.

I would go to the DIY Car wash along City Rd / Crockford St. Opposite a 7-Eleven servo. They close at 10pm though.

It is one of the cleanest DIY wash around the CBD area and it is just down the road from where u live.

I would go to the DIY Car wash along City Rd / Crockford St. Opposite a 7-Eleven servo. They close at 10pm though.

It is one of the cleanest DIY wash around the CBD area and it is just down the road from where u live.

That's the one I was thinking of, it's the corner of Boundary Road and Crockford street (I just looked on Google Maps), as sloutch said, right opposite the &eleven servo.

thanks guys :) thats what i needed to know!!

when i'm not actually looking for a car wash i drive past them and i'm quite oblivious! :)

i'm after one where i can bucket wash my car without some dude coming out and yelling abuse at me :banana: haha

(i like to shammy it with meguires gel wash, then dry it)

i happened to find the one on the corner of st kilda road and carlisle street, but they don't let you bucket wash there.. so i had to do a quick spray job!

city road one is much closer!! :)

when i cbf washing myself next time i will take it to Carrerra and see what sortof a job they do.... had a look on their site.....

it costs more for wagons D: :D

Edited by atomaly

^^ I do that at the City Road one, near the corner of Ingles St (opposite 7/11) that Will mentions. However, I get away with it at 7am on a Sunday morning.

Have noticed a general trend is more inner city ones seem to restrict sponge and bucket use but slightly further out seem to leave it more to discretion if there is no queue. :)