SAU Community

Pod adapter

How much should an adapter cost?

Just for the adapter on it's own.....not including the labour to fit it or the pod itself.

The pod it needs to fit, looks like this:

www.simota.com.au

Not much @ all :P

That's if you want my old one? Now I've got a whole new inlet set-up I don't need my AFM adapter. I'll take a pic tomorrow & see if I can figure out how to post it on the www (not one of my strong points).

It was made by Croydon Autosports out of polished alloy @ fits straight onto the AFM. It suits a 3" (76mm) filter.

Fitting is very simple! Once you've removed the airbox (held in by a few bolts) then you just need a simple bracket to hold the pod/adapter from moving about. Come to think of it I've still got the brackets I originally used before I made my custom airbox!

Cheers,

Matt

Matt, you're a legend! :P

umm I've just pulled the filter out of the box, it already has the bracket sitting around the rubber bit where it attaches...it has 3 1/2" or 89mm stamped on it. Does the adapter have to be exact? is that a stupid question? lol :?

thanx heaps!

Shell,

Naa it's not a stupid question @ all.

The "bracket" your refering to is actually the hose clamp, which you tighten to secure the pod onto the adapter flange :P The 3 1/2" - 89mm is the maximum dia' the clamp will open to & clamp.

The bracket I'm talking about is a custom made one that actually holds the pod/adapter & AFM in place, as once the box is gone it's got nothing to support it, & you don't want your AFM banging about 8O The bracket attaches from one of the adapter/AFM bolts & then to one of the now free airbox mounting points :) Too easy!

The clamp will tighten down to secure the pods 77mm dia' without a problem :) Just had a quick look @ the Simota site, 99% of the filters are a 77mm neck dia' so your laughin' :lol:

As for my adapter, if you want it let me know how/where/when to send it etc...

Cheers dudette,

Matt.

Update: I've got a few pic's of it, crap quality but it'll give you an idea. As I haven't got a clue on how to put pic's on the net (other than on SDU) maybe I can email 'em to you?

Oh fantastic! In that case I would love your adapter :P

Matt, can u send the pics to here:

**deleted**

and we can work out the rest of the details via email.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :):)