SAU Community

Defi Oil Pressure Gauge to HKS Oil Sandwich Adapter

Hello! I have a deli oil pressure gauge that is 1/8 PT, that was connected to a greddy oil relocation kit that used the same fitting. i just installed an HKS oil cooler kit, which also has a sandwich adapter. According to the specs it's 1/8 PT, but they don't seem to work together. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a conversion piece that is needed in order for this work?

according to the greddy website, their sandwich adapter is 1/8 NPT, which is strange that it would work without any issues since the gauge is allegedly PT, not NPT.

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 11.07.22.png

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 11.07.45.png

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 11.11.56.png

The tapered pipe standards are a bit of a mess since they almost kinda fit each other.  I thought Japanese fittings were BSPT, but my good friend ChatGPT agrees with you that they are PT (they are probably interchangeable in practice).

It is possible that the previous setup was mismatched (PT in NPT), it is not guaranteed they will leak if installed tight enough and with sealant but it is a terrible idea.

And yes, you can get BSPT / NPT adapters, brazillions of options but you need to consider your available space where it is going

• Like 1