SAU Community

How to get on probation

dale

Sorry if its a repost but my suspension letter comes soon which will have a duration of 6 months no driving. I was wondering how I would go about getting a 1 point probation period for the 6 months or even for the year.

Besides writing a letter and waiting as that takes too long are there any other ways?

Thanks for the help only helpful comments please

Thanks

-Dale

No actually i just get anoyed when I need quick information and i dont want people flaming and going oh you lost your license your so young your stupid your this your that.

I just wanted a straight direct answer or helpful information. No ones obliged to post if you dont have any helpful information then dont post simple.

You won't get offered probation if its the result of an automatic suspensions (30+ over?) You only get the option if ur losing your license due to accumulated points.

And....ur having a very bad run with ur license, perhaps you need to be on the track not the road.s

In NSW as far as I know you cannot get a probation point if you are a P plater. That is what I got told - I asked because my brother lost his. If that is incorrect please let me know.

Not 100% sure so please check BACKUP and dont take my word for it.

unless you are a full license holder, your chances are buggered or none.

The only hope at 17 is to write a sob story that you must have your license to drive your disabled mother to hospital or similar. You will need a provable sob story, but I do not rate your chances.

P.S do not try to drive once suspended or it is an automatic 2 years.

As far as I know "1 year, no mistakes" and other such "deals" only applies to full licence.

If you loose your licence on your P's then you're doing something wrong, sorry to be the burden of bad news, but thats how traffic department see's it anyway.