SAU Community

So We Tryied A World Record

jjskyline79

I hate the UK. I hate being British. I have no idea why so many people think its a great place. Its dull its wet its expensive and been run in to the ground further by some fat twat that dosnt have a clue what he's doing and is only there by default anyway.

Ok maybe its nice to visit but not to live.

But then you guys probable think the same.

Yes they what us to drive more eco friendly cars because of global warming blar blar blar so tax gas guzzerlers out of exsistance and thats just about anything over 1.8 yet dont allow enough access to alternative fuel or cars run by electric

Hell they even have an emission tax on top of a congestion charge in some place in london

All because the tree hugers think the worlds going to end.

When you take in to account the emission and the foot print left by places like the U.S and China the U.K is so insignificant

The tax makes no sense anyway Skyline GTST you pay £205 a year in tax as the age of the car its done on engine size not emissions

new cars are done on emissions as a "green tax" the greener the car the less tax you pay.

BUT I drive an "old" car that creates carbon craters and pay HALF the cost in tax per year then that of a new eco friendly car. Humm let me think about what car ill go and get er yeah i think ill go pre 2001 and pay less tax der

There's no logic. Sorry about the rant.

Gezuz!

That tax system sucks!

Sounds so complicated and in the end just makes things harder for everyone.

So Top Gear UK would be a dream to live if you had the chance to drive some of those cars they have on the show :D

Yeah I have been to UK before, my aunt and uncle live there.

Went there in 1998 in the Christmas time, was there for 10 days and it rained for 7 days, the sun went down at like 2-3pm in the afternoon, cold, wet and everything cost a bit. Haha!

I can't remember any of the prices but I do remember Mc Donalds is like a special occasion to dine in there, where as in AUS it is just a fast food place and we all eat there after a night out of drinking.

I don't think I can make this sound any better for you... :)

I guess the things we have in AUS we just take for granted...

Vl's can't be compared to r31's! Heres a quick reminder why! :D

siro31top-1.jpg

vs

Holden-VL-776.jpg

hrrrm which one would you choose? lol :)

That is a nice R31!

lol nice, choose a jap delivered R31 instead of the oz delivered one that 99% of people in oz own.

reality looks like this:

Nissan%20R31%20Skyline%201.jpg

vs

20080326-Stolen%20VL.jpg

I was gonna get VW-CHAV on my MK-IV Golf.

LOL!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about australian delievered cars? :D lol.

All he said was a r31 is a poor mans vl. Was the photo i showed not a hr31? Just trying to prove a point :)

Btw i hate VL's :D

But have you noticed that they dont do anything in the UK hardly you no why because its cheaper to take the car somewhere else less bs and red tape

My mum bought a MAZDA 3 just before I come out hear and it was held in Poland or somewhere because the tax is so high on new cars its cheaper to export hold it then import it back when there sold in the UK talk about stupid.

We are screwed over big time and thats just the car industry let alone the huge tax on plane travel.

Get this its actually cheaper to travel from France first, then go to your onward final destination if your going to out of Europe, because the green tax is so expensive now my Parents are actually saving £500 doing that when they come over here to see me in June?

I just dont get it, the country must be full of stupid people not to see there getting arse rapped left right and centre yet say "its not that bad"

Im not proud to be British anymore infact i think its an insult and im actully quite ashamed i was born there

Edited by jjskyline79

Hahha questionable but maybe, definitely not faster the Al's, Hamish's or Kris's though :)

HR31 thank you very much :D

......and its probably a lot faster than your R33 :D , but yeah it's still a 31.

I hate the UK. I hate being British. I have no idea why so many people think its a great place. Its dull its wet its expensive and been run in to the ground further by some fat twat that dosnt have a clue what he's doing and is only there by default anyway.

Ok maybe its nice to visit but not to live.

But then you guys probable think the same.

Yes they what us to drive more eco friendly cars because of global warming blar blar blar so tax gas guzzerlers out of exsistance and thats just about anything over 1.8 yet dont allow enough access to alternative fuel or cars run by electric

Hell they even have an emission tax on top of a congestion charge in some place in london

All because the tree hugers think the worlds going to end.

When you take in to account the emission and the foot print left by places like the U.S and China the U.K is so insignificant

The tax makes no sense anyway Skyline GTST you pay £205 a year in tax as the age of the car its done on engine size not emissions

new cars are done on emissions as a "green tax" the greener the car the less tax you pay.

BUT I drive an "old" car that creates carbon craters and pay HALF the cost in tax per year then that of a new eco friendly car. Humm let me think about what car ill go and get er yeah i think ill go pre 2001 and pay less tax der

There's no logic. Sorry about the rant.

What a sook! ;)

The UK has some truly dedicated motoring fans, a roadtrip is going to the Nürburgring.

you broseph's know that there's skyline nationals organised by the nissan-datsun club every year right?

not many people rock up.

they're mostly older lines.

or R31's.

true story.

Yeah I went to last years Skyline nats, I was parked up most of the day next to the burgandy VSpec II from SA with the plates VSPEC2, and the Winfield 32. Was good but very very small turnout for a "Nationals" event.

Was the photo i showed not a hr31? Just trying to prove a point ;)

Btw i hate VL's ;)

Yes it was a 31 but you picked out a very nice modded example far from stock then show a banged out paddock VL and expect it to even look remotely enticing, could have at least picked a nicely modded VL, they do exist there's just not that many of them :)

lol yeah you have to be pretty "special" to own a HR31 from what I've seen :)

Yup, in hindsight is a stupid decision, but its the price to pay for having some sort of half decent taste in cars :P

You are better off in late model Nissans if you want to win, but thats not what it is all about.

If it was, everyone would have a GTR or EVO.

This would be a very different conversation if Nissan went with the R32 4 door instead of the maxima in the early 90's, imagine all the local shit heap R32's around :down:

James: I know AL & Hamish's cars outside the world of this forum and yup they would spank mine any day they are two of my favourite R33's (#2 & #3 respectfully) These guys deserve credit to their passion for the R33.

It is sad the view on the Skyline Nationals, true it is organised by CSA but even post R31 owners show up. And the one's that do and actually get involved have a great weekend. And NO I am not a paid member of CSA so don't take it as advertising.

James: I know AL & Hamish's cars outside the world of this forum and yup they would spank mine any day they are two of my favourite R33's (#2 & #3 respectfully) These guys deserve credit to their passion for the R33.

+1

Curious, whats your numo-uno?

Nice work! You boys in the motherland certainly are good at organising those national meets.

But 220? That's roughly how many skylines there are in Thomastown alone. lol if only Australia wasn't so huge, and people didn't have the "meh, its just a skyline" attitude we could try and organise something like that.

princes highway friday night :ninja:

HR31 can go alright, but need parts out of every other 90's model nissan to do so LOL.

also feels like you're sitting on the passengers lap when driving it, they feel cramped and claustraphobic, kinda like a Y60 Patrol :blink: