SAU Community

Police.

EVO83

After a lot of thnking and talking to my unlce who runs the workshop and my aunty who is a Lawyer I have decided to not go to court and cop the fine. I have found out under the new HOON Laws the only way you can get away with anything is to have vidoe footage of it actualy happening and witnesse that i dont personaly know.

Weird thing is how da *** could i get ppl i dont know to stick up for me when i dont even know them. The laws have changed so that we cant get out of it.

We need the 20 questions and answeres for cops up in here soon.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got pissed off sat nite, just driving a mate home saw a cop come up behind me stopped at lights (car in front of me also) im slowly getting up to speed car in front of me is moving into parking lane swerving all over the road (most likely drink driving) i pull right over to the right of the road (so wheel is just touching reflectors) so cops can see this guy swerving everywhere, but wat happens cops get closer on my ass follow me to my mates front door. i was so pissed off.

can u lodge complaints about cops tail gating? i mean like u cant see there head lights in ur rear view there that close. or wat happens if u pull over on the freeway cause of them doing that and they pull over and try getting u for something can u just say "i thought i was a victim of road rage so i pulled over to let u go"

After a lot of thnking and talking to my unlce who runs the workshop and my aunty who is a Lawyer I have decided to not go to court and cop the fine. I have found out under the new HOON Laws the only way you can get away with anything is to have vidoe footage of it actualy happening and witnesse that i dont personaly know.

Weird thing is how da *** could i get ppl i dont know to stick up for me when i dont even know them.  The laws have changed so that we cant get out of it.

We need the 20 questions and answeres for cops up in here soon.

U are innocent until proven guilty. The cops dont have video footage of you going anything wrong, they need to prove u did someting wrong, u dont need to prove your innocence.

this is *quote* from my Darwin thread:

ok , here is a small list of the bastard copers in unmarked vehicle

i've seen these cars so far :

- white falcon

- grey commodore

- dark blue commodore

- a peach coloured hyundia accent

- white commodore wagon

if you know any extra's post them up

he he .... the buggers pull me over tonight. i bounce out of me beast and walk up to him .. produce me licence and say , what seems to be the problem officer. he responds just a routine check. i say of what . he says , where u at the warf tonight, i say no , i was in mitchell st area thats it , he makes some lame reason that he seen a similar car at the warf and wanted to check it out , anyway he starts writing all my details down , so i ask why he pulled me over , and he just said ... * to keeps us awake * .... well i though faaaarkin hell hey . so why take down my details i ask again . well we need to put a driver name to the vehicle after we run a check on your plates . oh really. thats all officer said, have a good night and drove off..

ha ha , what a way to scare the chit out of some1 , just to pull them over for the fun of it , why do they bother , its not gunna make me drive any different , or change my car so whats the point of even pulling me over .. o

oh well ive had my bitch now , so happy skylineing and see you all around !

cheers

Anyway i think the coppers are just going way to faaaaarkin far with all this and it faaaaaarkin chit's me to tears

Ron

unfortunately in most cases it seems to be guilty until proven innocent. Which is absolute BS even when taking a fine to court its biase towards them anyway as they are being police officers just doing their job......according to them.

I personally fight every single ticket I have received, my record so far is 8 wins three losses.

It is often the fact that the police officers DO rely on you not fighting the charge so they just give you a ticket without evidence.

I always carry a dictaphone which is recording what they say to me and it has saved my licence more times than not.

You do not have to inform the police officer that you are recording them, you do have to tell them that you are recording them if they ask you though, just as they have to tell you if they are recording you if you ask them. ( I always ask them if they are recording )

Don't argue, do not lie, ask questions politely and only answer questions you are 100% sure of, i.e "Do you know how fast you were going driver?" "I was only doing 60 in that 70 zone officer, if you have physical evidence of me doing any thing other than that please present said evidence".

You will need a lawyer unfortunately as the court is more likely to listen to you if you go to the trouble of getting a lawyer regardless of your innocence, no charge to you if you win.

If you lose you will get your original charge plus court costs plus lawyer fees.

Edit: Spelling

im not sure if it's A Current Affair or Today Tonight , but 1 of these tv shows tonight is going to run a program on the the way police are doing this sort of stuff here willy nilly , and the way the coppers are just harassing young drivers.

it might make for good viewing

About a year ago i was driving my old Skyline across the border from robinvale(vic) to euston(nsw) near mildura......got pulled over cos the i was new to the small town and the cop had seen/heard my car around(its a v8).......i had lost my licence on the trip down from brisbane....(lost,lost...not taken off me lost) so when he asked for it i said ive lost it and havent been able to get a new one as im interstate.......so he takes my details so he can check in the morning whether i even have one or not..( they cant check interstate afterhours apparently) and he lets me go........i hear nothing more of it.....

7 months later i vote while im in Mackay (nth QLD) i get a letter from S.P.E.R. saying that i have not paid my fine for not carrying my licence and it is now $160 as they had to track me down............Here is the good bit.........I WAS NEVER ISSUED A FINE!!!!!!!! i rang to see how to contest it and was told that to apply to contest it was 200 non refundable and court fees as well iff i wWAS in the wrong as well as the now over inflated fine!!!!!!!!!

I think it was Tupac who said........F**k, F**k, F**k the Police!

U are innocent until proven guilty

I was going to add that very line to the end of the thread but it came up early...

I've had mostly positive experiences with cops, but that's probably because until recently I've only gone thru big RBT's (had the 32 for 24mths). About 2 months ago I got pulled over and was treated like a f**kin junkie theif scum...pissed me off...I hadn't even thought to ask for their badge numbers to make a complaint.

When they got out of their car I they wouldv'e seen my silhouette (not the car) leaning toward the passenger side (to get my ****ing license out of my bag), and they stalled...then the second guy got out of the car. The driver of the car (I could've sworn) that he had his hand on his gun ready to pull it out. The second cop had pulled out his maglite and already had that shining on my car. Long story short, no ticket, no evidence, cranky cops, and a confused me.

haha just saw that story on current affair, that guy gets fined for impossing a cop car WTF!!!!! his cars like 20years old and i never seen cops with fog lights. and another guy beeped his horn out the front of his mates places gets him a $102 fine :| cause the cop that lived across the road booked him, WTF dont they have anything better to do on their day off. i swear cops are just getting sader and sader, my uncles a cop and lets half the crap go. he just tells me not to do stuiped speeds and drive recklessly but hey can i do any of that in a N/A fwd 4 banger ? lol pushing 64fwkw before exhaust hehe

*sigh* yet again more proof that as long as the old and fudy poeple run this place the more they are going to **** us over. Innocent or giulty. Don't you just love the way the cops get out, make a scene, hand on gun etc, for a typical 15k over traffic infringment? its just farcical.

Sad isnt it?

Soon we are all going to take some crazy action against them. I hope some of these old "wise" poeple get whats coming to them.

The general public on average, think they are going to far, and we certainly are, even those of us who NEVER break any road rules, still get hassled and occosionally fined for crap!

And what is needed, is proper representation in government, of the young persons mind and point of view...but like that is ever going to happen.

Yes the majority of the poeple that rule this place, (should I say Dictate....did someone say democratic .....*cough*BULLSHTIT*cough*) dont like aggresive drivers, be them safe or not. Id even go as far to say the older people even hate driving!! I say to them, "THEN GET OFF THE ****IGN ROAD AND STOP ****ING IT UP FOR THE REST OF US"

end of rant/

When I was a mechanic I was test driving a GTI Golf that had a bad missfire above 100km. There was no areas near the shop that were 100 zones so I was blasting about 100 in a 80 zone (burnt bridge creek (syd, manly). Got done by a hidden hwy cop. He pulled me over and when he was walking to the car I got out in dirty white overalls. He drew his gun and I shat myself. I am 6'5" and 120kg...he was not big at all and I think he shat himself also. Anyway we had a chat and a laugh and he let me off because I was nice and admitted that I was speeding to test the car. It took me 3 smokes to calm down after being at the wrong end of a gun.

Remember the cops do not know who you are when you get pulled over. If you make sudden moves or reach across to get your license, they do not know this. You are better to wait till they come to your window and tell them your license is wherever in the car and slowly reach for it.

I never sit in the car when pulled over as the cops want to look down at you and assume the power in this situation. I always get out and lean non agressivly againsty my car and wait for them.

Remember there are plenty of stories about cops being shot for a simple pullover by some crazed person. Cops will always be over cautious.

A few tips are:

NEVER get agressive, be witty or sarcastic but never angry, no matter what you may or may not have done.

Always question the cops, but never reveal information except for your name and address

Never tell the cops that you will fight a ticket, just do it. When it goes to court it may be 6-12 months later and they will have long forgotten you and will only have one or two lines in their notebooks about you, and will need to fill in the blanks on memory. If you tell them you will fight the ticket, they will write down everything you said and corroberate their stories. cops do not have their partners for any lenght of time so they usually will write their statements apart from eachother. If it is one cop only, even better its your word against theres, and believe me the cop is NOT always right in court.

I have had two tickets canceled because the 2 cops could not coroberate their stories. The magistrate belittled both officers for harassing me.......I was guilty, but that is irelivant :-)

If you do not have a tape recorder, write EVERYTHING the cops and you said after the cops have gone as this will help you jog your memory. Details such as the road conditions, traffic, time of day, the way you were booked, any cars around you etc.

Also when you go to court in NSW you do not need a lawyer, unless it is a major offence, you should be able to fight it yourself. You will receive ALL the police statements, your driving history and any evidence they will present, all you have to give them is a dirty look and SFA. you will then have time to read and pick apart the police statements and if there are any discrepancies, you should stand up in court once you are asked to present your case and ask that the charges be dropped because of lack of evidence and non matching police statements. Be ultra polite to the magistrate and try to see him rule on other cases before you front up to judge his attitude.

Never be scared of court, its not that bad, its actually fun to see apparent justice at work.

Sorry for the mixed post, but I hate to see people booked wrongly.

These leagle opinions are not from a lawyer, but my experiences in the NSW police and court systems. I must have been pulled over 50+ times, booked 10x and only worn 3 tickets.

YOU CAN WIN, TRY IT....If you loose, I think its $45+ fine...but I have not lost yet.

U are innocent until proven guilty. The cops dont have video footage of you going anything wrong, they need to prove u did someting wrong, u dont need to prove your innocence.

Incorrect.

Traffic convictions come under "Prima Facie" law - and therefore You have to prove your innocence, not the usual way around for criminal convictions.

That is why you have to go to court to protest your innocence, rather than the police drag you to cout to prove your guilt.

If you are in a situation like this - get some serious legal advise, find out your rights and responsibilities and carefully work out your options... for some, it's not worth fighting - for others it is.