SAU Community

Tyres?

Originally posted by fatz

temple tyres 190 each sure it run by kabobies (several people said sic car bro is it a gtr)but i was in and out within 20 minutes. nice service i higly rcommend. especcially if you have been to a bob jane and they take 1.5 hours to get your car back on the road(but they do have a coffe machine)

pete

Sure, they gave it back in 20 minutes, but did you notice that it was a na lancer coupe they gave you back? Your car is in melbourne now, and white.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

yeah i got the FM901's!!! really good tyres and i do reccomend dem!!

if your in melb i got mine at beaurepaires in ferntree gully!!! got a very good price for a set of four!!!

235/45/17 1000 bux fitted, balanced and free front wheel alignment!! ask for michael and just say dat U noe sumone who got it at that price and he'll prob match it!!! and U bettah hurry too coz dere a finished model!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Originally posted by red900ss

Go the FM901s

I've got 235/45 17, and 255/40 17. They show little wear even after track days at Eastern Creek. Very good in the wet as well.

$1044 fitted and balanced.

Wow, where the hell did you get them that cheaply from!? I was considering getting the Falken ST115's which are around that price, but if I can get the FM901's for that I would seriously consider it. My only issue would be that aren't the FM901's discontinued? That would mean that when I had to change my rears, I wouldn't be able to get the same tread pattern as the front. Not a big issue I know, but I like my tyres to match :)

Out of interest does anyone know how the FM901's compare with the ST115's? With regards to grip, tread wear, wet weather handling, etc. I assume the ST115's are quieter, which is one of their big selling points.

Originally posted by matlowth

I've had a number of different tyres on my car in teh 2 1/2 years I've had my car...  IMO, best bang for your buck tyres are the Falken Azenis ST115's... They're slightly more grippy than the FM901's, and slightly cheaper... On the downside, they don't last _quite_ as long... But still have a reasonably good life... I got almost a year out of the ones on the back of my car :)

matt

Holy crap, my question answered even before I asked it :)