SAU Community

R34 Gtr Vspec 2 Nur Vs R33 Gtst

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so... anyone else here actually driven a NUR and a 33 GTS-t?

A NUR can punch out 300 without opening the engine or changing the turbos, a 33, for reliabilites sake, pretty much needs both. And cause someone will bring it up just to be a dick (Birds), I would suggest an oil cooler at least on the NUR... the injectors will be damn close to maxing too...

You'd be hard pressed finding a situation where the GTS-t beats the nur if they had the same power.

add 30k to it though and thats a different scenario. Really depends where you spend the money.

Quoted for truth!

I had driven one a few times (the same car).

Stock N1 Engine / N1 Turbo's (factory boost of 1.2 Bar = 17.4 PSi) / FMIC / Air Intake.

All was done was an APex'i Power FC / Full Turbo Back Exhaust and had adjustable Cam Gears.

Could have done without the Cam Gears, but was done when tuning.

306 kW's at the rear wheels, dyno'd at RE Customs.

• 2 weeks later...

hell, as the owner of a R34 GTT I weighed up the options of going hiflow, getting everything done to the max, shooting for 270-300RWKW and when I did the calculations and cost I've realised the best way to get this done and be happy about it in the future is to buy a nice R33 GTR :whistling:

33 with 30k spent on it will blow the pants off a stock gtr, even a nur, in every way except for traction off the line. a 33 with 10k spent on it will beat a stock gtr.

ive ran an r33 gtr with an exhaust upgrade and beat it with just a cooler and an exhaust and arc air box.

so i dont quite see how spending 30k on a pos r33 will be intelligent besides 40k and u could have an r34 gtr or evo 8/9

there would be plenty of 33's getting round with that sort of money spent on them. hell there are probably 32's with that sort of money spent on them. it might not have happened all in 1 hit, but over time it adds up.

start with a dead stock car.

new wheels: lets say 2k

exhaust (decent brand): 1500

cooler (again, decent): 1k

so there's 4.5k on very basic mods

then lets say he blows a motor, or decides he wants more power and wants a built motor to take it

ecu + tune: 2 to 3k

injectors: 1k (rounded up a bit there)

turbo: i dunno, lets say 3k with all water and oil fittings and manifold

engine rebuild: honestly don't know, but i'd guess about 6k including everything

clutch: 500

diff: 2k

so there's 19k. then if he decides to give the car a respray, new bodykit and put in some racing seats or retrim everything, it wouldn't take much to eat up the other 11k.

sure he could've bought something else for that money, but this will more than like blow the doors off it, and what if he doesn't like the shape of the 34 or the evos. everyone has their own taste in cars.