SAU Community

Injectors

66yostagea

While I have the injector rail out, it has been suggested that the injectors should be cleaned etc..

Is it easy to do or is it best to get a "Professional" to do it.

I could not find a DIY.

there is a DIY using a particular solvent (apparently), but the car must be able to run.

i'd be taking them to a professional myself.

I just rang a place down the coast and they want $220.00 to clean if I take the rail in??????????????

Any one have another idea for a professional clean??

I just rang a place down the coast and they want $220.00 to clean if I take the rail in??????????????

Any one have another idea for a professional clean??

Have a look on the internet. I just had some flow tested and while looking around I found prices vary from $25 to $50 per injector for clening and flow testing. (or you could just buy some new 550s)!

New Deka's are around the $400-$500 mark a set. There was some negative comments about them a while back but mine are running strong on E85.

On car cleaning is not going to work, they need to be placed in an ultrasonic bath. Is there a problem with them? If not, I wouldn't bother. Save up for some new ones mate.

New Deka's are around the $400-$500 mark a set. There was some negative comments about them a while back but mine are running strong on E85.

On car cleaning is not going to work, they need to be placed in an ultrasonic bath. Is there a problem with them? If not, I wouldn't bother. Save up for some new ones mate.

I have a new set of Seimens deka coming this week 650cc

Hugh, it is well worth getting them done. Side feed injectors like you have can be a bit harder to do due to mounting them in the machine apparently. I had a mobile guy do my R33 4 years ago for $150 with them already out of the car.

They should replace the o rings hence the cost of getting them done.

My R33 had 2 out of the 6 injectors 10% down in flow prior to being cleaned. So when people say the factory 370cc injectors can handle "X" power they are assuming all 6 injectors are flowing the same. If 1 or 2 injectors are down 10% that is enough to run to lean on those cylinders. Goodby engine.

Don't buy new bigger injectors unless you have a new ECU to be able to run them.