SAU Community

Changing Bal For Driving

.:: GimpS-R34 ::.

Just for those who are interested

Gov't Survey

This is a survey the QLD Gov't have on what the public opinion is for Drink Driving offences, what you think about changing the alcohol limit, and giving police more power overdrink drivers

Personally I think more should be done to change those (especially repeat offenders) but don't think changing the level is going to change it. Repeat offenders are already flaunting the law and break the current rules.

But if your interested have your say (room for commments too)

• 2 weeks later...

raise teh drinking age. when tehy did this in the USA it DID make a difference. anyone caught with alcohol in their system under 21 got into serious trouble. after 21 the limit was .05 and that was fairly easy to hit after 3 bottles.

raise teh drinking age. when tehy did this in the USA it DID make a difference. anyone caught with alcohol in their system under 21 got into serious trouble. after 21 the limit was .05 and that was fairly easy to hit after 3 bottles.

without harsher punishment for underage dinkers, i din;t think it would change.. besides pubs and clubs..

i like to have a couple of drinks when i'm out at dinner.. (spans over a couple of hours) and wouldnt be anywhere near the limit.. and definately not feeling any affects..

i'd like to see it like this:

get caught drink driving once = hefty fine, loss of licence (pretty much what it is now, but a bit tougher)

get caught drink driving again = instant jail time (few days or something like that) plus loss of licence and fine

get caught drink driving a third time = 3 months in jail plus loss of licence (starting once you get out of jail) and fine

This would be good:

get caught drink driving once = hefty fine, $1000+ , plus every person in the car over 18 gets fined half what the driver gets. Driver pays additional Fine for anyone under 18 in the car.

get caught drink driving again = Larger Fines + confiscation of licence and car for 12 months+. Every one else in the car gets same fine as driver.

get caught drink driving a third time = Wont happen because you no longer have friends to drink with.