SAU Community

My Other New Ceffy

Nic_A31

Socs, getting rid of that positive camber I hope ?

I'd love 5% more but this is my daily and I really can't gamble it.

The other Ceffy will be getting dark tint, don't worry.

Your Ceffy is dark blue, yeah ?

Need big beefy black rims, and flush fitment.

My ceff? its blue with a black autech kit and black stage 21 bonnet.

I was gonna get dish, but there is no offset for sale over here in qld, and i cbf importing anything so im just gonna get rota grids in bronze. I know the owner of rota australia so hes hooked me up. Im gonna do a build thread soon. Just gotta work out what to put up :D

Put up all of it, that's how much you should put up.

That's what I do. Pretty much everything except maintenance.

So, I cranked out that pipework I bought a while back, and this cooler I picked up this arvo.

2whm8w0.jpg

And started dummy fitting that. Need to get some silicone joiners and bodge up some brackets before that goes together.

Series 1 bumper is a no go, as the lip secures onto the radiator support, leaving close to no room for a cooler.

Series 2 (What I have at the moment) looks like it's a go,

I tried to dummy fit my Series 3 bumper but needs modifications to make it fit onto the reo bar.

2wpo20w.jpg

1d7j8.jpg

By the looks of it, Series 3 may have about the same / more room to fit a cooler, and I'm kind of liking the look of the S3.

Very reminiscent of Autech in some ways.

^^ Yeah, Series 3 actually use a slightly different reo bar to earlier models, but it's nothing that some modding can't do.

Weather was nice today, so I got around to rattle can-ing the spare guard in the driveway,

2udztwh.jpg

This should keep the heat off for a while

Low-light

295afc3.jpg

Medium?-Light

2hodaf6.jpg

See how it looks tomorrow in full light. The difference will stand out a bit more then.

I threw heaps of clear coat on it, and gave it a decent buff, but it's nowhere near as glossy as the factory paint :(

2m2x5q0.jpg

Anyway,

Parked it up in an unusual spot on my front lawn today, amazingly didn't get stuck, but chassis was about 10mm off the ground.

Instantly thought of how all you guys on this forum always demanding "more low", so I took some pics to shut you all up.

2mn1qx.jpg

b4c2rl.jpg

oiedl.jpg

2e204qx.jpg

oayaz7.jpg

Looks like a satin finish during the day.

I'm going to do both bumpers, maybe try fixing up that big chunk missing on the spare door that it copped during transit, and leave it all as is.

I was set on getting a shop to spray paint it all properly, but considering how close that guard came out, and how well it turned out for a rattle can job, and that the car is a rust bucket, I might save myself the $1000++

Edited by Nic_A31

nice work

rust bucket huh, it really does show.... :nyaanyaa:

main rust areas to get to before hand is the battery tray and boot area

unless u used a real clear coat guard will be matt in a few months... much like my rattle can painted items >_<

• 2 weeks later...

Gave the front bumper it's much delayed respray today.

Same paint as what I used on the front panel.

1tkkzs.jpg

I rushed it a bit on the sides, so there's some runs around the cornering lights, I'll have to rub it back when it's dried and hardened, and go back over it.

I've gotta respray that bottom lip area in black, or at least sand off the overspray

etij9y.jpg

Pretty happy with how it turned out though. Much neater.

Now, to do the rear bumper,

• 5 weeks later...

So, I upgraded my stocker twig sway bar for something more MANLY!!

14cqgio.jpg

We all know what kind of difference they make :)

Oh and this rocked up from Japan.

15xwx8z.jpg

I was all excited about putting it on, except 2 problems presented themselves.

First, being it's sheer size. I was hoping that it'd be a simple 3" cat back going by the pictures I saw when I bought it on impulse with no English translation available. It's got an ID of 80mm, and the size of the cannon itself is actually scary. It'd bottom out/scrape, and be f**ked within a couple of weeks.

Second, it doesn't quiet fit. It was after all made in Japan, and is made to suit car using factory cat' convertor, which sits on very odd angle.

30iga3k.jpg

Still keen to mount it up and run it, just to hear what it sounds like, but obviously not going to happen right away.

Might put this onto that other Ceffy I apparently own.

I

Edited by Nic_A31

• 3 months later...

Rear bar resprayed shortly after the front was done.

407828_293537747354139_109188375789078_785015_678312558_n.jpg

386404_293537760687471_109188375789078_785016_1521235458_n.jpg

I wasnt too thrilled about how some area's turned out, so I ordered another bar from Sleeka Spares, but then lost motivation to paint that one.

The 20DET started giving me hassles again last week, and finally threw in the towel.

Intermittently running on 5 cylinders, then 4, then couldnt even get it to idle on all 6, and it'd cut out completely under load then the big end would make some noises I didn't like. Turbo had produced 1-2mm of shaft play, even more when it's warm.

I towed it home last Monday, then towed it again to my mates place this weekend, and ripped the 20DET out.

End of November, I was working some hardcore bullshit hours (10-14 hour days, 12 hour saturday, 10 hour sunday, repeat), and racked up "a little extra coin", so I bought a 25DET outright.

I never really had a plan about what I was going to do with it, I just bought it, and figured it'd end up in something...one day.

It sat at my mates place for over a month, and now it payed off.

She's an S1 with 68xxx kms.

I spent a good $590 ++ at Nissan on gaskets, nut, bolts, etc for the top end. Well worth it.

Engine bay got a quick degrease tonight, but still filthy....

fvgwfq.jpg

Motor and box ready to rock'n'roll

8xog95.jpg

...aaaand, IN!

34yxk7s.jpg

Picking up the wiring loom tomorrow night, so hopefully she's back on the road Wednesday/Thursday, after my quickest ever motor swap.

1zg6k8y.jpg

Got stuck in this morning around 10, and after several hours of f**king around, got her back on the road around 9 tonight.

It really does shine that it only has 68000kms on the clock. Runs flawlessly.

It'd been raining all arvo here in Perth, so the test drive was ah...interesting.

Between the low-down power, lightened flywheel, and going from 1 inch of slack in throttle cable, to tight-as-f**k throttle cable, it got a bit tail happy more than once, without me even trying (in some cases, actually trying to avoid break-traction)

Once it's all tidied up, I'll start chucking my goodies from the 20DET on there, like coilpacks, solid intake pipe, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

So, amazingly, I've had 0 drama's with the 25 since we put it in.

The TPS and idle is a little off, but that's it.

I put my SuperSpark coilpacks on, and silicon induction pipe (needed to be trimmed down a bit) both off the 20DET.

nyagwj.jpg

Did some cosmetics today.

2zdu8w6.jpg

rirxuu.jpg

Been some delays with my stuff from Japan, but in about 3 weeks, my OEM front lip spoiler, and intact right side tail light will be here.

:)