SAU Community

My Other New Ceffy

Nic_A31

looking gud nic, whats the light in the shutter speed pic i cant tell?

This one?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1366.snc4/163857_169964633044785_109188375789078_320301_7630439_n.jpg

That was just Nic's work light, with one of us running around like retards. Good fun, actually!

Nic, you kept asking when we can take photos of it, then kept telling me not to bother! Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just realised, no engine bay pics since the 20DET went in.

Before you ask, that cold air duct in front of the pod DOES make a difference, I don't care if it doesn't look pretty....it's staying.

2my84mg.jpg

Evened ride height in all corners.

Not as much rubbing on the rear guards as I thought, and since I need to go down to 225s I might not even bother with rolling.

246v1w2.jpg

vytw8m.jpg

She spins TWO wheels now, not one.

313gefb.jpg

:O Blue lube, soo raunchy!

Speedo is now spot on with the GPS, so no longer in such a hurry to finish off these cheapo 235s :\

2nbt54j.jpg

No more driveshaft rattle!!!! soo nice to drive now. Somehow it's nicer to drive at low speeds, it doesn't lunge on minimal throttle changes, no clunking or other weird shit going on.

Quiet happy.

STILL leaking brake fluid ???

Fuel tank getting cleaned by the pro's Feb/11.

Almost back to perfect again.

Edited by Nic_A31

yeah but what's it worth to YOU!

eh ??? eh ???

how you been lately mate?

hope you're not still spazzing out and planning to go fight the taliban.. you do know that real army is nowhere NEAR as cool as black ops, right? :P

ps i would say "nice car" or "she's lookin good now" etc etc but

my work block photobucket etc :( pwned.

Edited by Mr Eps

To me? dunno I really can't settle on a price?

I'd settle for 8k from anyone off the street, less for mates, considerably less for good mates.

All my pics are hosted on TinyPic .... work blocks that kind of shit now? That's gay.

Have been alright eh, and yes still planning on signing up to kick some ass / get shot at.

How bout yourself Mr McMahon, how's the Toyota life treating you? :P

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATES:

RB20 turbo finally gave up, was subject to a few hours of abuse and ended up doing oil seal on intake side. Liquid inside the pod, all over AFM, etc.

Got my hands on RB25 turbo and had it in, 2 hours after I got it (all by myself :D)

Also got an R32 GTR FMIC ready to rock and roll. Cut and shut the reo bar off the Laurel halfcut, almost done :)

And, to go with it, I got some FMIC pipework to suit, shipped over from SA.

f**king lightweight, ported, and whoever welded that shit has more skills than Chuck Norris.

post-38219-0-13992900-1296534816.jpg

3" Catback exhaust, fitting this Saturday if all goes to plan. So I'll finally have some "JDM respect".

R32 GTR Cradle on teh way from Japan, probably going onto other Cefiro but we'll see, haha.

Also should have these on the way as well. Late R33 GTR Seats, w/ red stitching.

2w725mo.jpg

Bulk pics to come.

• 3 weeks later...

LATEST MODIFICATIONS!!!

Slammed on it's ass, for this:

sundaymass.jpg

Hard mounted USB Extension cable into centre console.

No more f**king around, trying to find cable, trying to find lead off back of head unit, etc.

352lo2f.jpg

2mzcgh4.jpg

Ordered a replacement door, in same container as my seats, leaving on 15th, ETA 4-5 weeks from now.

$10.70 + freight (got raped on Japan local freight, total cost $140 but still dirt f**king cheap) - WIN!!

Upcoming:

Paint and fit vented fibreglass guards

Bigger Injectors

Tune

Skids

Edited by Nic_A31

LATEST MODIFICATIONS!!!

Slammed on it's ass, for this..

Ordered a replacement door, in same container as my seats, leaving on 15th, ETA 4-5 weeks from now.

$10.70 + freight (got raped on Japan local freight, total cost $140 but still dirt f**king cheap) - WIN!!

Upcoming:

Paint and fit vented fibreglass guards

Bigger Injectors

Tune

Skids

pics of lowness or it didn't happen :P

i put my usb thingy beside my h/brake (didn't want to cut holes) , but it looks good there , more professional :ph34r:

Edited by toffy

Back up on 4 axle stands again, still trying to rectify gearbox leak (might be cracked housing). Since I'm broke again it'll be that way for about 3 weeks....but rest assured, as soon as it's on the ground....pics to come of slammage.

Problems I've had / having

Slight leak with factory tailshaft and seal

Noticeable worse leak with new driveshaft

Oil leak led to lack of fluid, hard to change gears, reverse unselectable while car running.

Overfilled oil (by mistake), hard to change gears (had to wait for syncro's to match, like first gear on decel, but in all gears)

Fitted tigher gearbox seal (non-Nissan) (one piece tailshaft yoke is slightly thinner)

Still leaking fluid???

Might be a cracked housing or leaking from a sensor or gear shifter housing...but it looks all sweet.

As with all problems with this car - it's a head f**k :(

The box runs bullshit hot if the fluid level is too low and/or too high - has to be just right, which like you said 2 litres or so?

Apparently 2.2 but I wouldn't know, haha, just fill until it comes out teh filler plug.

Edited by Nic_A31

• 1 month later...

Wow nearly 2 months.

OK so that leak after all the effort turned out to be 2 hairline cracks in the gearbox.

Upon pulling the gearbox off, I decided to check the clutch....basically, it was NASTY.

1zgc93o.jpg

2i1haf9.jpg

c11eo.jpg

Inside of the clutch worn down 1-2mm more than the rest...the pressure plate had alot less pressure than it should have, and the pic of the flywheel speaks for itself. I think the clutch wear was an effect of incorrect thrust bearing size.

That got replaced with a 32 GTR clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel.

Gearbox got replaced with another R33 RB20E Gearbox, with 70xxx KMs on it. The shifts on this box feel even better than the last one (which internally was begining to wear out due to constant oil leak and bad clutch)

In the process of changing all that the seal on the clutch slave let go, so I went brand new from Nissan. Something just upwards of $100 mark.

On the first test drive, the radiator went...I didn't think anything of it, and was more concerned about the rattle @ 4500rpm +

Ignorant me, figured it might've been a gearbox or clutch issue, decided to chuck my 50++mm tri-core ISC Alloy radiator in, and go for another spin.

It turned out that "rattle" was an off balance fan warping in high revs, and there went a very good radiator. 2 Radiators in less than a 15 minute time frame.

2efm0ar.jpg

95q59k.jpg

7 fins ripped from the top tank, and being alloy, there isn't much I can do about it.

With the week off, I tidied the car up some more.

Fitted aftermarket weather sheilds.

Fitted Series 3 R33 GT-R Seats

(Pictures taken in low light to actually make seats appear as they are. Under camera flash / artificial lighting, the middle bit appears as it does in earlier pics).

15664h4.jpg

2z6idr5.jpg

These rocked up in MINT condition.

I got these landed for just under a grand ($600 in Japan + freight costs, etc), so it was already a steal, but the condition they're in is tip top. No fading, no bolster wear, no rips, not a single imperfection. Definately time to get tinted windows.

As soon as the radiator and fan is replaced, HOPEFULLY that's it.

I put in a bunch of job applications this week so with some luck this car will be daily driven again starting sometime in the next few weeks.

Apart from the slight cooling issue, everything is running perfectly :D

Edited by Nic_A31

• 4 weeks later...

Standard fan.

32 GTR radiator in with a new fan, no drama's now.

Left side looking decent these days

54de7o.jpg

Interior looking good.

24x1g06.jpg

Right side, yeah, attention magnet,

192ob6.jpg

Otherwise, it's running all good.

No major new. Replaced tyres all round with 215/45s.

Been killing more parts and replacing with GTR parts.

Being driven alot more now, which is good.

Making very good progress on prep work on the other project...must go take some pics and update that other build thread.

PS EDIT: Also I take back what I said about the new gearbox...it whines, alot....like a supercharger..the gear shifts aren't THAT great...I'm downgrading it from "awesome RB20 gearbox" to "above average but not great RB20 gearbox"

Edited by Nic_A31