SAU Community

Few R32 Gt-r Questions.

Hey guys, I'm Serk, 15 hitting 16 quite soon. (NSW)

My plan is to buy a R32 GT-R, first car. Now I understand that rb25/6dett are stock fitted with twin turbos (tt, durr)

That's a problem, considering when I get my P's I won't be able to drive it.

Can I ask for an exception @ the RTA?

If I remove the turbo's, I will get a huge performance loss, will the car even move? (Re-tuned, right?)

Is there any possible way to hide the twin turbos or get an aftermarket turbo and somehow hide it? (Obviously removing PSI gauges, turbo timers etc..)

Now coming to the price of it. I've seen some R32 GT-R's around $15k~.

What's the best I can do to ensure myself a good car? What km's are considered okay?

Including rego+insurance+servicing, how much cash per year am I going to have to cough up?

As for upgrades, haha, I really want a T51-R. We all know that ain't gonna happen.

A little bit after I get my full license I would like to start buying upgrades.

If someone could give me a couple of options 400hp-450hp-500hp-600hp.

Cost + Management.

As for visuals, I nicely lowered bodykit (Carbon Fibre?) and guess what, it has to have a rear wing, I can't stand some nice cars that just don't have a wing.

Interior? Meh, leather? Bucket seats? Definitely plenty of gauges. Computer.

Sound? I have already built a nice box with my older brother sucking in around 500w which is on my amp>computer right now shaking the whole house.

Anything else I am missing?

Thanks guys, any suggestions are helpful!

another point for the "must be an active menber for a set amount of time before posting a topic" idea
Silly Q, but how can you be an active member if you can't post?

S3rk, there is a reason why you aren't permitted to drive a GT-R when you only have a probationary licence. Wait until you get a full licence - GT-Rs will still be around, you can get one then.

Hey guys, I'm Serk, 15...

My plan is to buy a R32 GT-R, 3rd car.

Thanks guys, any suggestions are helpful!

fixed!

Suggestions?

1) You've asked lots of Qs which is good - but I'd ask Qs that are much more basic like, "What would you buy as a P1 and with a budget of $xxxx?"

Follow 'blind_elk' and 'Sarumatix' advice.

2) Listen to your Mum and get back home before 11.59pm

3) Be patient and stay safe - go to advanced driving classes 1-2-3-Cams

Not again !

Damn P platers..gtr for a first car !?...& removing turbos . :)

F*CK ME...where do P platers get the money to buy gtr's as first cars these days ?...let alone molest the hell out of one because ' it would be cool ' .

Edited by ezy_09s

fixed!

Suggestions?

1) You've asked lots of Qs which is good - but I'd ask Qs that are much more basic like, "What would you buy as a P1 and with a budget of $xxxx?"

Follow 'blind_elk' and 'Sarumatix' advice.

2) Listen to your Mum and get back home before 11.59pm

3) Be patient and stay safe - go to advanced driving classes 1-2-3-Cams

+1 on that terry

also to clarify on the option of taking turbo's off because you are not able to drive, i know someone who did that cost them heaps of money, terrible reliability and had to change heaps of things, buy a cheap run around learn to drive save your money, and by the time you go to buy your gtr who knows probably gunna be cheaper that what they are now and you would have had 4 years to research and learn as much as you can about them on this forum :)

+1 on that terry

also to clarify on the option of taking turbo's off because you are not able to drive, i know someone who did that cost them heaps of money, terrible reliability and had to change heaps of things, buy a cheap run around learn to drive save your money, and by the time you go to buy your gtr who knows probably gunna be cheaper that what they are now and you would have had 4 years to research and learn as much as you can about them on this forum :yes:

Thanks for your opinions guys, Looks like I'll stick to a shitbox for a bit until I get full license. (What age is that by the way?)

You're a good boy !! :) At least you can come to your senses, unlike some other kid that posted here that would not look into the reality and suffer the consequences. If you really want a skyline then perhaps you can get an R32-34 non turbo, won't be as fast as the GTR but still skylines and P-plate legal, but then again a shitbox is also a good option.

S3RK from KeyHunt?

Edit: You don't need to buy a shitbox mate. Look around at 4cyl cars, maybe get a prelude or something. Hondas have a bit of kick for them. They're FWD which sucks, but this isn't Tokyo Drift I guess.

I have a Hyundai Excel, it runs good, hit a truck and was rebuilt... still going. Costs me $40-rough a week in petrol, massive boot, cost me nothing. Keep your cars clean, service them and take care of them, any car will be a good car... you don't need to drive a trashed pulsar with ripped seats.

I'm going from my Excel to a skyline now I have two jobs and a girlfriend who doesn't make me pay for everything. Worth your wait, my friend.

Edit2: It's either 20 or 25, depending on when you get your license.

We're on our blacks at 20... but I don't think we can drive high performance cars till 25..? Someone want to correct me?

Edited by .eLusive

S3RK from KeyHunt?

Edit: You don't need to buy a shitbox mate. Look around at 4cyl cars, maybe get a prelude or something. Hondas have a bit of kick for them. They're FWD which sucks, but this isn't Tokyo Drift I guess.

I have a Hyundai Excel, it runs good, hit a truck and was rebuilt... still going. Costs me $40-rough a week in petrol, massive boot, cost me nothing. Keep your cars clean, service them and take care of them, any car will be a good car... you don't need to drive a trashed pulsar with ripped seats.

I'm going from my Excel to a skyline now I have two jobs and a girlfriend who doesn't make me pay for everything. Worth your wait, my friend.

Edit2: It's either 20 or 25, depending on when you get your license.

We're on our blacks at 20... but I don't think we can drive high performance cars till 25..? Someone want to correct me?

Yeah, S3RK from KeyHunt alright.

I just want something that will keep me going until I can start working on the Skyline.

Also, How do we go about getting Police Radar Detectors? xD, can we be fined for having them installed? (Just out of random curiosity).

If ya gonna remove the turbos, might as well but a non turbo 32 mate.

otherwise you'll be payin a sh*t load for insurance due to your age and the fact you'll be drivin a gt-r, wether u have the turbos on it or not.

Yeah, S3RK from KeyHunt alright.

I just want something that will keep me going until I can start working on the Skyline.

Also, How do we go about getting Police Radar Detectors? xD, can we be fined for having them installed? (Just out of random curiosity).

LOL s3rk.. you're a crazy kid. Why don't we ever speak any more?

Don't go down the illegal path, my friend. Get an iPhone/Android, download Trapster, get a car-mount for your phone and you're set.

You can get these devices WHICH ARE LEGAL that send out random readings to police officers speed guns, giving you roughly 3 seconds to adjust your speed. I'm going by my bosses words on that though.

Something that will keep you going? Grab a v-tec or non-turbo skyline.

I've gone from my Excel to an R33 skyline (which comes tomorrow actually). I'm going to drive that around happily, do a few mods, and when I get off my provisionals, straight to an R32 GTR maybe. ORRR I could buy an R33 GTR... because they're starting to grow on me.