SAU Community

Luggage Space For The Gt350 Coupe

Hi! I test drove a GT350 coupe today and loved it! I do have some concern with regards to the luggage space of the car. My wife and I both enjoy trips to the mountains for snowboarding. Do you guys think that fitting our luggage (usually a mid size luggage bag) and 2 snowboards into the car will be a problem? Have anyone of you tried doing this? Also, do you guys use the GT350 coupe as your daily / main car or you usually have another bigger car for long trips?

Also, will the boot of the car be able to fit a large size luggage bag? It seems possible from what I saw, but I am just not too sure and just want to find out more. Currently looking to import one from Japan and just wanna be sure on things.

Any help will be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi! I test drove a GT350 coupe today and loved it! I do have some concern with regards to the luggage space of the car. My wife and I both enjoy trips to the mountains for snowboarding. Do you guys think that fitting our luggage (usually a mid size luggage bag) and 2 snowboards into the car will be a problem? Have anyone of you tried doing this? Also, do you guys use the GT350 coupe as your daily / main car or you usually have another bigger car for long trips?

Also, will the boot of the car be able to fit a large size luggage bag? It seems possible from what I saw, but I am just not too sure and just want to find out more. Currently looking to import one from Japan and just wanna be sure on things.

Any help will be most appreciated!

Thanks!

With the rear seat down bags and boards would not be a problem.

Hey you can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot ,it shows you how to do it on the boot itself :happy::)

Edited by Cra-Z-Boy

Yeah... I saw the illustration as well! :happy:

Not too sure if it's there to show the boot is bigger than it seems! :)

Well, loved the car, but the mrs is abit sceptical on the boot space... that's why I thought I'll just ask the experts here for more idea! Also, just want to find out if most of the people with the car is using the car as their main car (which is what I am intending) or is just using it as a weekend cruiser / big boy's toy.

Mine is a weekender with the odd freeway tussle to work. It's a manual so I don't enjoy traffic jams in it. I have another car as a daily which is an auto.

If the V35 was auto I'd probably use it as my daily drive.

This may sound crazy, but have anyone put a roof rack on the 350GT coupe (those that you clip on when you need it and you can remove the whole thing when you don't need it)? That'll be really handy to hold my snowboards during trips to the mountain! Anyone done that before? Thanks!

Well, mine is about 150cm long... so definitely shorter than a surfboard! :)

So I guess it will fit! I am just thinking of whether a roof rack is possible in case i need to drive another friend along and can't lower the back seat.

Anyone has such experience?

i say this may seem a little bogan but get all your gear in your curent car go to a dealer that has a V35 coupe and ask him if you can test to se if all fits in

as long as the gear is not dirty he wont say No

and get the misus so she can se it and discuss it with you this way if she agrees she can't complain later

i use my v35 coupe for daily drive to work and se clients and as a weekend toy and i love it, ps i recomend the Auto if your gonna use it for a day to day drive the sports triptronic gearbox manages the power quite well, i drove manual and auto and i got auto cus is more convenient and just as fun

Hey Winforever,

Ive had 2 snowboards in my V with the back seat down, although i did not have much other luggage in there at the time as i hired the boards down in perisher.

depending on the shape of your bag you may be able to get a couple of smaller bags in the boot there with 2 boards and back seat down, then you could put bags ontop of the folded down back seat.

I think roof racks for snowboards would be a good idea but ive never seen any that fit the V, might be interested in some though at some point.

hope this helps

I get my MTB in every weekend, wheels off, fork first.

Also have had a 1.8m gorilla ladder in, and (in a seperate Bunnings trip) 4 sheets of 1800x400 MDF.

Personally think that the fold down seat is fantastic, gives a much better opening than you'd expect, or maybe I'm easily pleased after my R33.

Only thing that doesn't gel with the 35 boot is an esky. Just not deep enough, and usually needs to be a back seat jobbie.